News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jansal

jansal Profile Photo
Member Name: jansal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Bye Bye Birdie-Would a fan of the movie musical enjoy it?
 Sep 16 2009, 08:08:27 PM
Yes, the original.
re: Long Forgotten Flops
 Sep 16 2009, 07:51:21 PM
Prymate!

And High Fidelity...which I admittedly love.

re: Bye Bye Birdie-Would a fan of the movie musical enjoy it?
 Sep 16 2009, 07:50:37 PM
Really? Is the movie considered to be very bad compared to the broadway show?
Bye Bye Birdie-Would a fan of the movie musical enjoy it?
 Sep 16 2009, 07:10:32 PM
My mom is obsessed with the movie Bye Bye Birdie and I'd like to take her to the revival...but not if it's so terrible in comparison. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm hearing some mixed reviews.
re: BYE BYE BIRDIE footage
 Aug 28 2009, 08:47:47 PM
Is it just me or did the kinds sound kind of bad?
re: High Fidelity in Chicago (My Review)
 Aug 28 2009, 07:10:33 PM
RentBoy, I don't think his comment was directed at you...no need to stoop down to attacking people's tastes!
re: CapnHook revisits PASSING STRANGE [the spike lee film] and is confused.
 Aug 28 2009, 07:06:36 PM
Capnhook, when I said 'Stew and Heidi,' I did not mean to exclude the directors and the producers. And the rest of your post is just putting words into my mouth. I'm talking about one piece, and that's Passing Strange-not Schindler's List or anything else. All I'm saying is that many people who are JUST seeing the movie seem to think that the whole piece belongs to Spike Lee, and it doesn't. Passing Strange is a beautiful art piece alone. Spike Lee recognized this, and thank God for that, becaus
re: CapnHook revisits PASSING STRANGE [the spike lee film] and is confused.
 Aug 28 2009, 05:22:37 PM
I'm glad everyone is enjoying PS the 2nd time time around. But All Spike Lee did was put some sweet camera angles on it. It's still Stew and everyone else's show. Spike Lee did a good job, but it's also because he had a lot to work with. The movie was fantastic, but I was pretty annoyed when I heard people after the movie saying how amazing Spike Lee was...it's his movie, but not his piece.
re: Will The The Bacchae be rained out tonight?
 Aug 28 2009, 04:17:38 PM
In the past 2 years they've only canceled a performance before the show once. They'll basically only cancel the show pre-performance if the weather is dangerous for the actors. Which is basically, never.
re: Will The The Bacchae be rained out tonight?
 Aug 28 2009, 04:17:38 PM
In the past 2 years they've only canceled a performance before the show once. They'll basically only cancel the show pre-performance if the weather is dangerous for the actors. Which is basically, never.
re: High Fidelity in Chicago (My Review)
 Aug 28 2009, 04:14:44 PM
I just watched a few preview clips on the website and it looks embarassingly bad. More like a high school production than anything else.
re: Is The Bacchae worth going to?
 Aug 26 2009, 09:58:56 PM
I don't really have a problem with Jonathan. I don't think he will ever be considered one of the 'greats,' and while his acting is a bit off, I think he has a lot of strategies that work for him. Like, how would you describe it...bear with me here...there are certain inflections in his speaking, which isn't necessarily good acting, but it SOUNDS pleasant. I've seen him in 4 shows now and I've noticed it's kind of a crutch. He's not a dramatic actor (for anyone that's ever seen his 'crying'...no
re: Is The Bacchae worth going to?
 Aug 26 2009, 05:01:00 PM
It's pretty easy to spot who's only there for Jonathan Groff, having seen him in HAIR/Spring Awakening. The reaction is pretty hilarious...this show ain't no pop musical.

I think you can a lot more with your time, like trying to build a tower out of oreos or clipping your toenails.

re: THE BACCHAE Reviews
 Aug 25 2009, 05:29:04 PM
The raccoons are there nearly every night.
re: THE BACCHAE Reviews
 Aug 25 2009, 03:11:45 AM
Perhaps Joanne was good in her prime, but this production is God-awful. Most her directorial 'choices' don't seem to be thought out at all...they're just meant to LOOK like a lot of thought was put into it, and hopefully it'll go over the audience's head. Like Groff wandering around the stage at the beginning, and the cast walking around aimlessly from scene to scene. I doubt she could justify any of these. It really looks as if she doesn't quite understand the point of the play. Frankly, if I w
re: 2009 Dreamgirls - The Ghetto Fabolous version
 Aug 23 2009, 03:54:51 PM
I think it sounds quite beautiful, and I like the reworked lyrics. I'm really interested to hear Moya Angela sing 'And I Am Telling You'.

'Ghetto fabolous' is a little tactless...

re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar
 Aug 21 2009, 11:37:36 PM
'Without You' from RENT and 'On My Own' from Les Mis have similar structures...I play the piano but I'm not a musician so I couldn't really put what I mean into words :-/.
re: Michael Riedel and West Side Story Turmoil
 Aug 19 2009, 12:30:04 PM
So an audience member is an idiot if they're upset that they're not seeing an understudy instead of Tony award-winning actor? Damn, there's gotta be a whole SLEW of morons out there! Thanks for the heads up!
re: Michael Riedel and West Side Story Turmoil
 Aug 19 2009, 10:59:01 AM
So Karen took the Tony and ran?
re: Alice Ripley
 Aug 18 2009, 08:46:46 AM
Does anyone know why the last 500 or so folks to comment on Alice's youtube account wrote 'Buck sent me'?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You