News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jgph

Member Name: jgph
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: If Oprah had produced Caroline...would it still be playing???
 Feb 18 2006, 05:52:52 PM
If Oprah produced "Suzanne Somers reads the phonebook, in the style of Harvey Fierstein", it would run for twenty years.
re: Broadway couples
 Feb 13 2006, 03:55:11 PM
Michael Shawn Lewis and John Tartaglia.
re: Filming Woman in White
 Feb 6 2006, 11:48:48 AM
incidentally, Cats was filmed in The Adelphi Theatre in London right before Chicago moved in.
re: Filming Woman in White
 Feb 6 2006, 10:19:19 AM
To the person who said its filmed every night, well, its not really, but sort of.

There are 2 camera on the mezz rail of virtually every theatre- one camera is infra-red and one is standard black and white. These images are relayed around the theatre, but particularly to the sound desk, stage management position, lighting position etc. Theres also a camera transmitting the image of the conductor to a monitor so that the cast can see him/her when the md isnt directly in their line of s

NEVERMIND
 Feb 6 2006, 05:16:42 AM
He hates gay people?

Does he hate gay people when your sucking his d*ck?

What a c*nt this man sounds.

re: Munk revisits Q, PHANTOM, and BEAST
 Feb 5 2006, 05:59:24 PM
'Even I couldn't do that'

Porrly chosen words or the indication of an ego the size of Bebe Neuwirth's mouth?

re: LOTR Premiere Review *SPOILERS WITHIN*
 Feb 5 2006, 02:26:02 PM
The Dominion Theatre has just over 2000 seats, but the Palladium, The Theatre Royal Drury Lane and The Lyceum are all between 100-300 seats bigger.

re: Wicked in London - website
 Jan 22 2006, 01:58:51 PM
Indeed- Wicked is VERY american show. Itll be interesting to see how they change it. In particular, the school scenes are particularly american and could be seen as an area for alteration.

Certainly will be interesting.

This was SO gonna be mentioned anyway...

My casting ideals-

Elphaba- Jenna Lee James
Glinda- Emma Williams
Fiyero- Martin Crewes
Wizard- Alun Armstrong
Morrible- Imelda Staunton
Nessarose- Alexandra Silber

re: Barbra to Record 3rd Broadway Album?
 Jan 20 2006, 04:50:43 AM
Slightly off tangent, has Babs ever recorded 'Tell Me It's Not True' fro "Blood Brothers"?
 Jan 20 2006, 04:47:53 AM
This may just be the website guys, the actual logo may be the same as in the US.

I agree, i saw it at the Gershwin in September (Senblogh,Hilty,Ayers,Vereen,McClanhan), and loved it. The Wizard of Oz is popular over here, but not nearly to the degree that it is in the US. However, Wicked is a big, fun show that requires no thought to participate in the enjoyment. The Theatre that its going into is perfect for it, and whilst i think that some of the critics may hate it, im sure itll do w

Jan 19 2006, 05:28:40 PM
Actually it opens on the 27th of September- previews from earlier in september.
re: Flashbacks
 Jan 15 2006, 02:37:12 PM
99% of Phantom is told in flashback.
re: Mourning Becomes Electra--couple questions
 Jan 11 2006, 06:32:07 PM
The irony is not lost.
re: Mourning Becomes Electra--couple questions
 Jan 11 2006, 06:14:20 PM
I've recently had the enormous misfortune of being compelled to play Orin. Never in my life have I been so frustrated with a character. The entire play is populated with a bunch of self-invovled, narcissistic, vile and disgusting people who are so f*cked-up they take an inordinately long time to say the tiniest nugget of information or feeling.

The plays are all long, and very, very, very boring. Not too mention horrific for the actors cast in them. I pity the poor b*tches who play Lavi

re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
 Jan 7 2006, 03:35:19 PM
Apologies if that was the case- damn the internet and its lack of showing implied meaning! lol

ps-- watching Nutty Professor 2- love it, Eddie Murphy is hilarious. and DAMN- he does drag well.

Jan 7 2006, 03:21:58 PM
Just because im not aware of much of her previous work, does not mean im not qualified to make my own judgement on her performance. For your information, im 20 and im from the UK and i am SO not a wicked groupie. We only the the Golden Girls over here in a very small way, so SORRY if i dont know who she is. But really, i HATED her performance. Why shouldnt i be allowed to think that? Whatever your view on her, no one can argue that she has a particularly odd vocal tone. Hmm.

Edit:

Jan 7 2006, 02:14:01 PM
Rue was TRUELY horrific...what is with that utterly bizarre voice?! It was almost completely incomprehensible.
re: Cast of Mary Poppins
 Jan 4 2006, 10:12:45 AM

Jan 4 2006, 05:03:25 AM
from adamgreer:

""They are, to be honest, very likely to find an unknown American man and woman to take the roles."

Except that it's been very widely reported that they're woo-ing names like Kate Winslett and Julianne Moore."

You do know Kate Winslet is English right? Just checking. If you do know that, your grammar didnt indicate it.

Jan 3 2006, 06:24:16 PM
Darlings, whatever you think, there is absolutely no chance of ruthie ever playing mary, either side of the pond. The direction of the show has taken mary in a much more youthful way, and as fabulous as the woman looks, she is now too old for the role. There is far more chance of her taking over from Maria Friedman in WIW.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You