pixeltracker

Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?

Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#0Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 9:39am

Anyone going 2 wicked this weekend 2 see SHoshana, Dave, And Rue's final shows???

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#1re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 9:44am

please post reviews. i am looking forward to hear all about the performances!

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#2re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 9:54am

Sure thing WithoutATrace! I love SHoshana!

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#3re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 10:05am

I'm going sunday.

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#4re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 10:20am

Very cool, I'm going 2day @ 2

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#5re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 10:30am

I wish I were going 2. 2 bad I am stuck in LA 2day and 2morrorow.

I will have 2 live a Shoshless life.

Updated On: 1/7/06 at 10:30 AM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#6re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 11:05am

Hee hee, Patronus. re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?

I'd love to see some reviews, sicne I'm not going until next month.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

PJ
#7re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 11:37am

I'll be there Sunday, as well.

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#8re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 11:49am

Tonight at 8pm. Cannot wait.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#9re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 11:59am

Patronus - Pat Robertson called, he said "be warned of your faithless ways." Then he asked for a cookie.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#10re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 12:11pm

Ha. I have to pick my faiths very carefully. Some are very tough decisions indeed. For me however, this particular decision not to worship this faith was as easy as they come. re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?

In all seriousness though, I hope everyone who loves the shows and loves the cast members who are departing have a fantastic time.

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#11re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 12:55pm

I am seeing it the 1/11 Wed matinee and I must say I am worried with the new cast memebers that are going to be in it or so I have heard.. anyone know who they are and if they are any good?? I bought the tickets before I realized it was changing casts... sooo mad! and its my first time at Wicked too, I can't wait!!

"That boy could use some Prozac"

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#12re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 1:02pm

Well, they have all played the roles before so they aren't newcomers stepping in who have no concept of the show.

Eden Espinosa is at least as good as Shoshana Bean and I personally find her voice to be infinitely better.

Derrick Williams is fine. Carol Kane is likely a better Morrible than Rue McLanahan.

Honestly, I think you'll be better off. A lot of the hardcore Wicked fans might disagree, but you are going to be getting a solid group.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#13re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 1:04pm

I just want to see some crying and drama. And I'll have my camera ready for it too :)

I can't wait for Eden!

Broadway_Boy
#14re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 1:12pm

I'm going tomorrow. I'm so excited.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

bwaylover86
#15re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 1:12pm

thanks so much.. i heard rue sucked.. i think "stars" should stick to their tv/movies/music and leave broadway alone! anyone see Joey Fatone/Drew Lachey/Scary Spice in RENT? I saw Joey Fatone and he was awful... why cant they just stick to what they are "good" at lol

jgph
#16re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 2:14pm

Rue was TRUELY horrific...what is with that utterly bizarre voice?! It was almost completely incomprehensible.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#17re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 2:22pm

heard rue sucked.. i think "stars" should stick to their tv/movies/music and leave broadway alone!
---

Umm Rue has had a successful career on Broadway, off Broadway, and regional productions.

Do some research. She is a legendary actress of TV, film, and the stage.

But can we really expect Wicked tweens to respect and appreciate Rue? Ofcourse not, it's all about their Shoshana and Idina!!!!!!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#18re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 2:30pm

Yeah that Ben Vereen is awful, where'd they get him from? re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#19re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 2:33pm

laughing
BobbyBubby!

jgph
#20re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:21pm

Just because im not aware of much of her previous work, does not mean im not qualified to make my own judgement on her performance. For your information, im 20 and im from the UK and i am SO not a wicked groupie. We only the the Golden Girls over here in a very small way, so SORRY if i dont know who she is. But really, i HATED her performance. Why shouldnt i be allowed to think that? Whatever your view on her, no one can argue that she has a particularly odd vocal tone. Hmm.

Edit: I thought Ben Vereen was spectacular. And on the day i saw it, Saycon Sengbloh (sp?) was on for Shoshana Bean. I also thought she was fantastic.
Updated On: 1/7/06 at 03:21 PM

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#21re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:30pm

I think BB is being sarcastic.

jgph
#22re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:35pm

Apologies if that was the case- damn the internet and its lack of showing implied meaning! lol re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?

re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?

ps-- watching Nutty Professor 2- love it, Eddie Murphy is hilarious. and DAMN- he does drag well.

bwaylover86
#23re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 5:08pm

Excuse me ljay but I did know that Rue had been on the stage before, but if she sucked in her role in Wicked as I have heard from lots of people, then she shouldn't be there. I have also heard she doesn't show up for a lot of the performances. And I love Rue M. from Golden Girls and all and I would have loved to see her if she was good, but apparently she wasnt really good at all, and Idina is awesome but just because I think so doesn't make me a Wicked groupie, I havent even seen it yet, and I am not a tween so get your facts first before you go off on people, as I said I have a problem with all the "tween" stars like NYSNC and 98 Degrees and the Spice Girls going on broadway, not necessarily Rue, although as I said, I heard she was not great so maybe she should just pick better roles for herself.

#24re: Anyone Going To Wicked This Weekend?
Posted: 1/7/06 at 5:25pm

I'm going tomorrow.

And as much as I was initially disappointed at Shoshana's getting sick today, I won't be too upset if Saycon goes on.

First post, P.S.

Videos