News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 2blocksfrombway

2blocksfrombway Profile Photo
Member Name: 2blocksfrombway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ALLEGRO at Classic Stage Company  Nov 6 2014, 09:45:57 PM
I would definitely choose center over the sides. So much of the show is directed straight out front and the lead actor sits on the edge of the stage facing the Center section on numerous occasions. I sat on the side and I felt that I was missing a great deal.
Hopefully by the time you see it the musicians will be playing in tune.

James Monroe genie hype?  Jul 27 2014, 11:25:27 PM
Yes!!!
James Monroe genie hype?  Jul 27 2014, 10:58:29 PM
I'm with you. I never really got the over the top adulation for this performance. Like you said he seems like a nice guy, and from everything that I've heard that's true, and he certainly works his butt off in the show….but at the end of the day I was kind of underwhelmed. He's obviously super talented, but I just didn't think that performance was in the same league as say Danny Burstien in CABARET.
NYMF 2014!  Jul 27 2014, 10:55:41 PM
Any word on the other awards?
NYMF 2014!  Jul 24 2014, 10:04:55 PM

I saw CLINTON tonight. For the most part it was very entertaining and super funny. Most of the cast is great. There's some extremely clever songs and the audience seemed to be really enjoying it. The two guys playing Clinton were excellent, especially Duke Lafoon. He totally nails Clinton's voice and mannerisms. My other two favorites were Kevin Zak as the creepy show stopping Kenneth Starr. Hilarious. And Tom Souhrada as the Clinton obsessed Newt Gingrich. His portrayal is hysterical and

Backpack during show?  Jul 23 2014, 10:42:39 PM
As someone who has sat beside another person with a huge backpack, be considerate and check it if you can.
NYMF 2014!  Jul 23 2014, 10:41:11 PM
I saw MR CONFIDENTIAL. It was pretty awful. I wouldn't bother.
Loved THE GIG (probably my favorite) and VALUEVILLE was entertaining as well.
Seeing CLINTON tomorrow. Have heard good things about it.

Help with Into The Woods double casting  Jun 7 2014, 11:35:08 PM
Fiasco's breakdown was

1) Baker's Wife
2) Lucinda, Wolf, Cinderella's Prince
3) Mysterious Man
4) Milky White, Florinda, Rapunzel's Prince
5) Cinderella's Stepmother, Jack's Mother
6) Cinderella, Granny
7) Witch
Jack, Steward
9) Baker
10) Little Red, Rapunzel

Thoughts on this years edition of Gypse of The Year  Dec 11 2011, 02:16:23 AM
Why do you think BroadwayWorld chose to post the FOLLIES skit and not the far superior POPPINS skit? Weird.
Thoughts on this years edition of Gypse of The Year  Dec 11 2011, 02:14:30 AM
Thanks for posting that. I loved watching it again. So freakin funny.
Thoughts on this years edition of Gypse of The Year  Dec 6 2011, 11:57:40 PM
I was there this afternoon. I have to say, it was definitely one of the best GYPSYs that I have ever attended. Lots of great stuff. But, hands down MARY POPPINS took the gold for me. This was one of the funniest things I have EVER seen on a Broadway stage. Absolutely hilarious! When it was announced that BILLY beat POPPINS the people sitting around me were aghast! That guy who opened the skit was SOOOOOOO freakin funny! And those kids were astounding. Great show all around. Congratulati
The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better  Aug 9 2011, 02:47:52 PM
I saw MARY POPPINS this past Sunday and the "George Banks" understudy, Tom Souhrada was on. He was the best actor I've seen play the role.
Strangest 'Send in the Clowns' ever?  Apr 18 2011, 12:01:59 AM
If you think that's bad, take a peek at "A Weekend In The Country." Wow!! One delectable surprise after another. And don't give up before Henrik's entrance. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ZdwrDLS0o&feature=related

re: 101 Dalmations Question?  Sep 30 2009, 01:17:56 PM
Yeah, I heard some of the music and it is dreadful!!!!
re: Laura Michelle Kelly to Join Broadway's MARY POPPINS  Sep 23 2009, 01:34:16 PM
The new "Bert" is definitely Christian Borle. He and LMK are in rehearsals right now. And Megan Osterhaus, the "Mrs Banks" on tour will be coming to Broadway in Feb. along with her current "Mr Banks" on tour, Karl Kenzler.
re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??  Sep 13 2009, 11:38:33 AM
I hear Valerie Boyle, "Mrs Brill" on tour is amazing as well. I think she is going to replace Jenny Galloway in the the B'way production when Ms Galloway leaves mid-Nov. Too bad the tour is going to get that miserable Jane Carr.
re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??  Sep 11 2009, 06:41:49 PM
Jonathan Freeman is not taking over for Mr Banks, but will be the new Adm Boom. I think Jeff Binder will be the new Mr Banks until Feb when the Mr and Mrs Banks from the tour will be coming to the B'way company.

re: BWW TV: Encores! Summer Stars THE WIZ Sneak Peek - Ashanti Sings 'Home'  May 21 2009, 01:11:18 PM
sorry, but that was wretched! there are so many other talented young women who could knock this song out of the park!!! it really makes me angry that they cast this girl because she is a known pop performer. i am super disappointed with thomas kail! after all that terrific work he did assembling the superior cast of ITH, you would think he wouldn't settle for this. BOO!
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  May 9 2009, 12:50:05 PM
don't you think it's a little weird that they've barely acknowledged hunter's tony nomination on their blog? just a small mention in the middle of a blog about something totally unrelated. i wonder if this whole thing is causing some tension between them all. i mean, i think jeff's score should have been recognized (especially over that parton drek) but, you'd think they'd be more excited for their friend.
re: The Wizard of Oz (WaMuTheatre, 03 April 2009, 7:30PM): LONG review, spo  Apr 6 2009, 02:41:31 AM
that's what you get when you go see a NON-EQUITY production!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You