Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#2The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 12:12am

no one forced you to click on this thread

crewdude
#3The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 12:25am

I had to click on this to read. The title of the thread was fresh, new, and extremely interesting. I really wasn't sure what people's comments were going to be on a topic that I thought said "The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is BITTER."

I was intrigued to hear stories of jaded, bitter understudies.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 12:42am

"That/the awkward moment" belongs on Tumblr.

Also, the subject line is perfectly readable without having to click on it.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 8/2/11 at 12:42 AM

LegallyBroadway2
#5The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 12:48am

LizzieCurry, will you EVER learn how to link?

tumblr.com Updated On: 8/2/11 at 12:48 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#6The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:02am

I want to read about bitter understudies too! I hope they change the name of the thread.

Much better than an endless list of names you've never heard of "I saw blahblah in Wicked and blahblah my socks off" Zzzzz, good for you.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:17am

Blaxx is always awesome.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#8The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:18am

.....The Awkward Moment when all of you complain about everything.......

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#9The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:20am

I was a bitter chorus boy once. I don't know what stopped me from completely derailing the show.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#10The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:20am

It was just an uninspired choice for a thread, love. It's ok, you can always try again.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#11The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:24am

Sorry, love. Maybe you don't speak for everyone on this board?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#12The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:30am

I love it when they get feisty, rawr!

LegallyBroadway2
#13The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:39am

The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better

THIS THREAD IS HORRIBLE. HORRID.

You can not try again, wench.

Updated On: 8/2/11 at 01:39 AM

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#14The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 9:27am

^ya'll are being assholes

I think the most obvious recent one was Catch Me with Alex Ellis. She has a much stronger voice than Kerry does.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#15The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 9:34am

I didn't see Ramona Mallory in ALNM, but her reviews were not great. I saw Jessica Grove as Anne and she was fantastic.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#16The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 9:50am

I much preferred Jessica Goldyn as Cassie rather than Charlotte D'Amboise.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

frazer
#17The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 9:53am

Bryan Fenkart seems to garner a much better reaction than chad kimball from most.
Also - Not broadway, but the entire principal cast of Shrek in London.

tommyboy
#18The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 10:17am

When the US is better, somebody always asks, "Who is she/he (the principle) sleeping with?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#19The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 10:34am

de'Adre Aziza was better than Sherie Rene Scott in WOMEN ON THE VERGE.
Victoire Charles was better than Portia in RUINED.
Lisa Brescia was better than Maria Friedman in THE WOMAN IN WHITE.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#20The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 10:36am

When the US is better, somebody always asks, "Who is she/he (the principle) sleeping with?

If they had any principles, the principal would've been hired on talent alone.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#21The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:34pm

That awkward moment when you dont pay any attention to this board because you are obsessing over blaxx's icon :3 I love the muppets and Janice is hilarious

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#22The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 1:43pm

One I forgot: I saw the Broadway revival of Steel Magnolias during their last week of performances. Both Delta Burke and Rebecca Gayheart were out. (From what I understand, both women were out frequently: Burke for health problems and Gayheart because she was going back and forth to LA for TV work) No announcement was made, no slips in the program, and no board was posted. The lights just went up and Sally Mayes was sitting under the heat lamp instead of Burke. Anyway, she was excellent, as was Ginnifer King as Shelby (who also understudied Tammy Blanchard in GYPSY). I didn't see them, but I can't imagine Burke or Gayheart being any better. The rest of the cast--Christine Ebersole as M'Lynn; Franny Sternhagen as Clairee; Marsha Mason as Ouiser; and Lily Rabe, in her New York debut, as Annelle--were all wonderful. I think that production got a bad rap; I actually found it quite enjoyable. Maybe if the critics had seen it with Mayes and King instead of Burke and Gayheart that might have changed something. The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#23The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 2:24pm

Gavin Lodge as Tick/Mitzi in Priscilla. He just had this energy about him that Will didnt have. Will is loveable and wonderful but Gavin just had something about him that made the role more lively and up. He was fantastic and I would love to see him again.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#24The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better
Posted: 8/2/11 at 2:30pm

"Also - Not broadway, but the entire principal cast of Shrek in London"

I would say the opposite is true. None of the London principals come close to the Broadway cast. In fact the cast is the big negative issue with the London production.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!