News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sondheim_Geek

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Member Name: Sondheim_Geek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Back To The Future the Musical - First Preview CANCELLED?!  Mar 21 2023, 04:09:55 PM

I think the performance is just sold out....it has been since November.

https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/Back-to-the-Future-the-Musical/Overview

Jessica Chastain in Doll's House revival  Dec 26 2022, 02:31:18 PM

Would love to see Sebastian Stan, if a name.

Broadway to Close?  Mar 13 2020, 04:51:29 PM

I am the head of ticketing for 4 currently-running Broadway shows.

If you are holding tickets- calm down. Refunds are in progress, all automatically.

Box offices are working full-speed to process. It's not a one click solution.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/1/20  Mar 2 2020, 03:46:54 PM

TNick926 said: "I wonder if any of these big attendance/grosses drops are corona virus fearrelated already??"

They're not. This week and next week's grosses have been sluggish/behind for all shows well before all this hysteria began.

Week ending 3/15 is when shows will launch higher again.

The Official TDF Thread  Nov 13 2019, 12:09:28 PM

n2nbaby said: "Picked up our Jagged Little Pill tickets a bit ago and they’re a little strange. First off, TDF paid $54 a piece for them, even though they only charged $49. Weird they would lose money. Maybe we should be expecting a bit of a price increase soon?

They also say TDFSUB on them, which I’ve never seen. It usually just says “TDF.”
"

That is how the program works: https://www.tdf.org/nyc/87/tdf-ticket-subsidy-program

'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW  Oct 5 2019, 11:49:01 AM

Coming late to the party...

Anyway to get a sub-$99 ticket at this point?

Girl From The North Country - Broadway  Jun 18 2019, 10:59:08 AM

Hamilfan2 said: "So glad to hear this isn't dead. I was one of the people that loved this show, even though I understand why its not everyone's cup of tea. This will definitely be the show to beat come Tonys, as its only really competition at the moment is Jagged Little Pill (which will be an audience favorite but I don't see it faring as well critically pending major changes to the book)."

I would say MOULIN as well.

Any discounts for The Ferryman or The Lifespan of a Fact yet?  Sep 20 2018, 11:17:30 PM

liger420 said: "Any telecharge discount codes for Network?"

NETWORK only just went on sale and is selling extraordinarily well, so I don't think you'll be seeing one....

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/10/17  Dec 11 2017, 04:21:28 PM

The show opened last week, so this is a seven performance week (but all the comps from opening pulling down the ATP).

Angels in America Audience Rewards Presale Code  Oct 25 2017, 10:45:49 PM

That sounds about right. Wednesdays are uniformly the most challenging performances for shows to sell.

In this instance those buyers are entirely different - hard to sell at a combo and thus a lower price.

FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017  Oct 24 2017, 05:16:42 PM

From what I hear it's selling extremely well.

There's basically nothing available for the first month of performances.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/9/17  Jul 10 2017, 03:45:09 PM

Yep. This was the first playing week in their SECOND block of tickets (after they were a hit). This will become the new normal for them.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/9/17  Jul 10 2017, 03:22:35 PM

WOW DEAR EVAN HANSEN!!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17  Feb 13 2017, 03:33:08 PM

IdinaBellFoster said: "SUNSET continues to impress. Over 1.1 million with only seven performances!

"

With an Opening Night and press, to boot!

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?  Dec 21 2016, 11:05:26 AM

Ben has yet to miss a performance.

What's next for the Music Box?  Sep 7 2016, 10:26:10 AM

With DEAR EVAN HANSEN, look at the seating charts. The Orchestra and Mezzanine line up EXACTLY. Music Box just has 2 more seats on each side section. They'll wind up just moving people to the same exact seats and have balcony folks move down to the new R Mezz rows. Seems pretty easy actually.

Who will take the August Wilson?  Sep 7 2016, 10:24:51 AM

I think it would be great to see THE HONEYMOONERS take this AW.

It's the right size.

What theatre will  Jul 8 2016, 07:36:23 PM

Given what I know the timetable could be, this would be a great cnadidate for Nederlander to re-open The Palace with...

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway  May 26 2016, 04:41:13 PM

In their initial nut? You mean capitalization??

Who will move into the Broadhurst next?  May 24 2016, 09:41:43 PM

THE FRONT PAGE makes a lot of sense here.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You