pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:09pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 2/12/2017 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: SUNSET BOULEVARD (4.6%), THE LION KING (3.2%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (1.2%), ALADDIN (0.4%), DEAR EVAN HANSEN (0.1%), NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance was: WAITRESS (-15.9%), WICKED (-14.2%), KINKY BOOTS (-12.0%), IN TRANSIT (-10.7%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (-9.9%), CATS (-8.4%), BEAUTIFUL (-8.3%), SCHOOL OF ROCK (-6.9%), THE PRESENT (-5.4%), CHICAGO (-4.5%), PARAMOUR (-3.1%), ON YOUR FEET! (-2.3%), JITNEY (-0.9%), A BRONX TALE THE MUSICAL (-0.3%), HAMILTON (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

neonlightsxo
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:18pm

School of Rock hasn't recouped yet, has it?

Updated On: 2/13/17 at 03:18 PM

Clyde15
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:19pm

Had Sunday in the Park played an 8 show week, they would have grossed close to 1.1 million. Very impressive start. Maybe they do have a chance at recouping.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:19pm

Roughly $165,000 down the In Transit drain again...

neonlightsxo
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:20pm

The worst week for In Transit this year so far, I think. As Kristen Anderson Lopez once wrote...

Willie4316
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:23pm

On Your Feet is looking bleak. 

Sunset and Sunday's numbers are impressive

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:24pm

Is In Transit holding out for Tony noms? What's the lowest a show's gross percentage been?

Updated On: 2/13/17 at 03:24 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:24pm

SUNSET continues to impress. Over 1.1 million with only seven performances!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

GreenGables Profile Photo
GreenGables
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:28pm

Clyde15 said: "Had Sunday in the Park played an 8 show week, they would have grossed close to 1.1 million. Very impressive start. Maybe they do have a chance at recouping.

"

I will caution that this was based on a one show weekend with lots of pent up demand - i don't think we can expect them to sell this well on Tuesday-Thursday, at least not at first.  Still impressive though, and I agree that they have a good chance at recouping.  We'll see how the reviews are opening night. 

Disappointed with Glass Menagerie's numbers.  Granted they have 21 weeks, but I don't know if you can recoup at those numbers.  Hopefully just a case of winter weather and they'll hit their stride soon enough.  They have the luxury of time, Sunday in the Park with George does not.

evic
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:31pm

I guess they won't be using Now And Forever for the Cats ads.  Will it even make a year?  School Of Rock will probably last through the end of the year banking on big numbers for Spring break and summer tourists.. ALW can bask in the glow of his having 4 shows running on Broadway- for a while at least.  On Your Feet producers have deep pockets but it's time is running out for sure.

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:33pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "SUNSET continues to impress. Over 1.1 million with only seven performances!

"

With an Opening Night and press, to boot!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:35pm

You guys. In Transit's numbers are so sad.

Blown away by Sunset's reception!!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:44pm

Does Menagerie have to recoup? It's a non-profit production, no?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

GreenGables Profile Photo
GreenGables
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:46pm

little_sally said: "Does Menagerie have to recoup? It's a non-profit production, no?

"

My bad - saw Belasco and didnt look beyond that.

10086sunset
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 3:56pm

Wow...Sunset is impressive, along with Sunday...

In Transit continues to amaze...

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:02pm

Is Glass Menagerie nonprofit? Scott Rudin and other commercial producers are involved with Lincoln Center (who is listed 3rd among producers).

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:06pm

newintown said: "Is Glass Menagerie nonprofit? Scott Rudin and other commercial producers are involved with Lincoln Center (who is listed 3rd among producers).

"

Also according to Riedel Menagrie has the biggest advance for all the plays, doesn't bode well for the others then?

Also Wicked took a big hit this week, I wonder why?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:18pm

They still made 1.3 million this week. It's not like it was dentrimental 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:31pm

I honestly feel like CATS is going to hold out until Tony Time to see if it could scoop up some productions nominations (choreography, scenic/lighting design - It certainly won't pick up any acting nods and may not even get Revival). If it falters, they will either:

1) Close on Tony Night (as some shows have done).
2) Close shortly after the Tonys (end of June)
3) Gamble on the summer, but probably close by Labor Day,.

IN TRANSIT is just downright depressing to look at.

ON YOUR FEET has also lost A LOT of steam. I'm surprised it has lasted this long, but I can totally see it closing up shop by summer's end (potentially to give Villafane some time off if she were to take it out on the road).

WAITRESS had a rough week, and it's their lowest gross and capacity in the entire run. I'm not ringing the alarm bell yet, but I'm curious as to what caused the low numbers?

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:34pm

Didn't I read that Cats isn't eligible for Best Choreography, or am I making that up?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

TheSassySam
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:35pm

quizking101 said: "
WAITRESS had a rough week, and it's their lowest gross and capacity in the entire run. I'm not ringing the alarm bell yet, but I'm curious as to what caused the low numbers?

"

Jessie was out for a couple performances, I believe. She performed in Chicago last week. 

TheSassySam
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:35pm

little_sally said: "Didn't I read that Cats isn't eligible for Best Choreography, or am I making that up?

"

That's correct.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:38pm

I stand corrected.

So there goes another award they may have had their eyes on. 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:40pm

And Ana isn't going out on the road with On Your Feet Christie Elaine is https://instagram.com/p/BQMYEmXjGxx/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

neonlightsxo
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/12/17
Posted: 2/13/17 at 4:41pm

Menagerie is a co-production with LCT and Rudin. So I don't think recouping is an issue.

That said- did anyone think this revival was going to be a sell out? We just had a hit Menagerie 3 years ago. Also, is Sally Field that much of a name? It seems like she's a name people know, but not one that necessarily has people reaching for their wallets, IMO.

Videos