News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Action2

Action2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Action2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
 Aug 27 2007, 01:46:07 PM
My question is that hasn't Lea been working on this piece for a number of years (I think I heard since she was 13!). If so, did the sexual overtones/situations ever come up before?

My roommate saw one of the first preveiews of SA and swears that Lea did not expose her breasts at that time...so wonder if she turned 17 after the run started...and they added it in.

re: Ryan Idol in THE RITZ????
 Aug 7 2007, 11:21:23 AM
Not to be all preachy, but why shouldn't a person with a past in p*rn (or anything else) be allowed to do a show? Perhaps he gave a great audition. And if he looks good in a towel, and that's appropriate for the part, all the better. There are a number of Broadway actors who have a bit of blue in their past (Vanessa Williams, Frenchy Davis, Tom Judson). Why is it such a major deal?
re: MARA SHOWS OFF!!!
 Aug 3 2007, 12:20:31 PM
and...we are watching footage of rehearsals and (if they are live, but I doubt it), first weeks of performances. I imagine she will gain confidence and begin to 'show off' more as she get's more comfortable.

BY THE WAY...I hate how replacements are always compared NEGATIVELY to originals. Look, Sutton (who I LOVED as Janet), left on her own accord. She wasn't dismissed and the role wasn't stolen by Mara. Why slam her for being, oh, different?

Have a great run.

re: How do you think 'Into the Woods' would've ended if the narratar had no
 Aug 2 2007, 02:25:25 PM
I think I heard that in an EARLY version of the show, the narrator was actually the baker's child...recounting the story he had been told. Obviously, that changed and the character became something/someone else...but I LOVED the idea of the story going full circle.

re: What is your favorite broadway love song?
 Jul 19 2007, 09:07:11 AM
Mountain Duet from CHESS
With You from PIPPIN
I Have Dreamed from THE KING AND I

re: Andrea McArdle
 Jul 6 2007, 03:17:14 PM
I saw her and Felicia Finnley once as guests on a cabaret of Gashole (you don't know Gashole? Shame on you!). They sang a Heart duet and it was amazing.
re: A WICKED Passions Parody..
 Jul 2 2007, 02:27:51 PM
I guess this has been out there for a while and probably been discussed before, but couldn't find it.

Who are the actresses? Pretty good singers! Any Bway credits?

And any word if Wicked folks were amused or pissed about this?

Thanks.

re: Andy Karl as Warner, in LB?
 Jun 28 2007, 11:31:13 AM
I am not sure who the 'official' understudies are, but I think things have been mixed up a bit. I saw an early preview, but don't remember seeing Leslie Kritzer listed as US for Paulette or Tracy Jai Edwards as US for Serena...yet they have both gone on in those parts.

I heard Tracy Jai was fierce as Serena, but has anyone seen Leslie as Paulette? I love me some Orfeh, but bet Lesie rocks.

re: BROADWAY BARES '07
 Jun 18 2007, 11:58:30 AM
OMG...laughing out loud at that one. Guess that was from the midnight show. Same scene at the 9:30- Leslie's response was "Well I auditioned for Arthur Lawrence once, so yeah." I guess I have to have my disco nap next year and see the late show!

re: Sardi's to Unveil Stephanie J. Block Caricature (PICTURES UP!)
 Jun 15 2007, 11:34:31 AM
Not sure if all the links are bad on her website, but when I click on the small picture, it opens to a large one of SB in front of potrait of LIZA! Caption says "Stephanie Block in front of her portrait at Sardies."

Hope they fix this ASAP!

re: naked boys singing movie news?
 Jun 14 2007, 11:56:23 AM
for those in the know... Romeo and Julian
re: Great shows...with terrible casts...
 Jun 13 2007, 04:11:21 PM
Funny Girl with Deborah Gibson: Rumor is the cast used to refer to the show as GIRL. Get it?
re: Lets Play Predict a Movical
 Jun 13 2007, 11:19:06 AM
There actually is a musicalization of Silence Of the Lambs. Ran at the Fringe here a couple of years ago. Favorite moment: Hanibal's ballad "If I Could Smell Her Cxxx" - with, I kid you not, a dream ballet!!!
re: If CURTAINS got to replacements...
 Jun 12 2007, 03:04:28 PM
Totally different than DHP or NPH, but what about Brad Garrett? He sings, right? Would love the detective to be big bruiser of a Boston cop. Would make his love of theatre and dance numbers that much more fun and funny.

re: Any word on the first rehearsal of Grease today
 Jun 12 2007, 08:08:40 AM
How it went, who was there, interesting details about set, costumes, orchestrations. Love or hate this show, this 'concept' of casting from reality show, or these two actors - this IS going to be on Broadway in a few months, so am interested in it. And, like all shows that come here, I hope for the best. Maybe it will suck, but could be a great new talent in the chorus or something fun (or fun to make fun of) during the production.

Was it so wrong of me to ask?

Any word on the first rehearsal of Grease today
 Jun 12 2007, 12:24:32 AM
Heard they were supposed to have first rehearsal today...
re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
 Jun 10 2007, 02:27:19 AM
Back to the question posted...anyone remember it?

I read on another site that Andrea Martin's dresser from Oklahoma had been asked to dress her in YF.

So...if that is true...I'm guessing she is a go.

re: Maureen Moore in Grey Gardens this afternoon
 Jun 9 2007, 09:44:07 PM
I was just wondering about this this morning when I watched Curtains on the CBS morning show. David HP was great, but sounded abit raspy when talking. How many appearances have he, Christine, and the other Tony nominees done this week. Didn't Christine have 2 shows on Wednesday and then have to be at both the Today show and Regis and Kelly on Thursday + a show that night.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...they are only human.

Wishing Maureen a great show tonight, bad karma to the 'let's bo

re: Broadway.com Video Of Recording Legally Blonde
 Jun 9 2007, 09:01:37 AM
I enjoyed it...looks like they are having fun.

2 things:

1. Never really cared much for Kate Shindel, but something in the video kinda made me like her. A better voice than I remember from LB or Cabaret.

2. I think Tracy Jai Edwards is the most beautiful girl on Broadway. WAY talented, but so pretty.

re: Revivals They Should Do
 Jun 8 2007, 10:09:05 AM
Bye Bye Birdie (without a reality show PLEASE)

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (WITH Reba McEntire PLEASE)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You