pixeltracker

Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?

Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 10:40am

Does anyone here know if a deal was reached to finally sign Andrea Martin on for the role of Frau Blucher in "Young Frankenstein"?

I know that, originally, Martin wasn't doing the show because of her television pilot commitments (Roger Bart had a similar situation,) but once pilot season ended and her show was not picked up, it seemed as if she was doing it again (Mel Brooks said in a recent interview that they were "pretty sure, almost sure, hoping," etc. that she would be doing it.)

The official press release they put out this morning listed all of the principle characters except Frau Blucher (and, in turn, left off any casting for the role as well.) Does this mean it didn't work out and they are in the process of looking for someone else, or are they still in negotiations trying to get Martin?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/8/07 at 10:40 AM

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#2re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 11:24am

My guess is that they are still auditioning and/or negotiating with her.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#2re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 11:48am

Yawn.

Cloris Leachman should have a chance; if not how about someone interesting instead of the predictable Martin?

If not Cloris, I say Catherine O'Hara.

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#3re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 11:56am

Uhm, there is a huge story about them announcing the cast on the Home Page.....
Do a search before posting

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

RuprechtJr.
#4re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:01pm

TheaterDiva, you might want to actually read the article before shoving it in our faces, trying to say that the original poster is an idiot for not reading the article. The original poster did read the article, apparently unlike yourself. Oh, and while you're busy correcting everyone else, there are only three periods in an elipse (...) not five. Think about proper english before typing!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#5re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:07pm

Gosh, Rupert,

Thanks for your post!

I didn't realize I had called someone an idiot.

Wait, I didn't. That's right.

And I WAS think about spelling. That's all correct. I think the word you are looking for is 'puncuation'.........
Relax.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 6/8/07 at 12:07 PM

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#6re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:19pm

"Uhm, there is a huge story about them announcing the cast on the Home Page.....
Do a search before posting"

TheatreDiva90016, read the original post before posting a bitchy response (without even answering the original question). Now I know why Margo left.

Updated On: 6/8/07 at 12:19 PM

RuprechtJr.
#7re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:21pm

I didn't say that you directly called the poster an idiot, it's just that you came into this post and IMPLIED that the poster was ignorant for not reading an article which didn't asnwer their question in the first place. The only reason that I'm amazed with posts like yours is how everyone on this board is just ripe for yelling at people for not searching, that they are too blind to see that they have no reason to correct them. I'm not angry or rilled up that I need to relax, just annoyed.

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#8re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:23pm

Why do people find joy in trying to correct people on this board? Do you feel better about yourself? It's such a waste of time...

Quite frankly, this response was a waste of time to. Eh, it's not like I have anything else to do re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?

Blue-Eyed Wonder Profile Photo
Blue-Eyed Wonder
#9re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:51pm

I think the reason they're not going to give it to Cloris Leachman, is that they're afraid she's going to walk onstage one night and keel over. She is 81.

First you're another sloe-eyed vamp, then someone's mother, then you're camp...
Updated On: 6/8/07 at 12:51 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#10re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/8/07 at 1:12pm

Brooks said (in bad taste) that he didn't want Leachman "dying onstage."

The role of Frau Blucher now entails alot of singing and dancing, and it's enough to where the creative team felt Cloris couldn't handle it eight times a week.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/8/07 at 01:12 PM

heil myself!
#11re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:35pm

"Brooks said (in bad taste) that he didn't want Leachman "dying onstage." "

You know, I wanted to hold my tongue on sticking up for Mel Brooks, but I've had it with you people. Mel Brooks does NOT have a huge ego; he is just enthusiastic, optimistic, and takes PRIDE in his work!

"Bad taste." So are we gonna nitpickingly anylyze every syllable that comes out of Mel's mouth? I listened to that interview with Mel, and let me tell you the quote (not exactly word for word, but the message gets across):

"Cloris would have a lot of dancing and movement to do, and I think she's 80 or 81, so I didn't want to be responsible [[laughingly]] for killing her. Of course, I know she would love to die onstage than anywhere else."

Mel has concern for his friend Cloris, and saying it in a humorous way is just his sense of humor. And he would never say anything about Cloris behind her back if it would offend her. They have known each other for over 30 years, and I think they have an understanding of each other's sense of humor.

Oh, and could you all stop overreacting to Mel's early announcement of the Hilton Theatre? So he gave us an answer three weeks too early, cut the guy some slack. You people need to have more damn tolerance.

Action2 Profile Photo
Action2
#12re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 2:27am

Back to the question posted...anyone remember it?

I read on another site that Andrea Martin's dresser from Oklahoma had been asked to dress her in YF.

So...if that is true...I'm guessing she is a go.

worrell4077
#13re: Andrea Martin- Young Frankenstein?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 2:36pm

"Oh, and could you all stop overreacting to Mel's early announcement of the Hilton Theatre? So he gave us an answer three weeks too early, cut the guy some slack. You people need to have more damn tolerance."

That's my feelings exactly, thank you heil myself!

You also should understand Mel's taste in humor is very different. It's best summed up by a line from the 2000 Year Old Man, "To me tragedy is if I cut my finger. That's tragedy...and to me Comedy is if you walk into an open sewer and die, what do I care."

Videos