News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for autoprt

autoprt Profile Photo
Member Name: autoprt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: going through old playbills is fun!
 Jul 6 2009, 05:22:45 AM
i agree, i thought i was the only one who did this.
re: 9 to 5 Discount codes for November
 Apr 16 2009, 03:10:46 AM
thanks for the info.
re: Fantasia out again Thursday 10/25
 Oct 29 2007, 01:40:54 AM
since reading the comments from the here it was obvious Fantasia wasn't welcome from the beginning. luckily for her she focused and did a great job as Celie when many experts from this forum expected the show to close a week after her opening.

until we hear an official statement everything else is conjecture and speculation and a waste of time.

as for the Grammy comment, her song with Aretha was just released and won't be eligible to be voted on until lat

re: Reviews For FANTASIA in COLOR PURPLE
 Apr 16 2007, 02:53:58 AM
marie2,
good comment. i still laugh sometimes about the remark hoping this does not turn into a forum for you all is be haters comments.
the reviews here have been been fair without turning into an idol forum as feared. its good to see both sides can coexist.

re: Fantasia Barrino at COLOR PURPLE tonight...
 Feb 24 2007, 05:18:41 AM
marie,
to be honest i'm not that pleased that fantasia is doing tcp, aretha franklin is working on a play based on her life, this is something i felt would be a better fit for her.

i'm from CT living in ATL and took acting classes while in college to help with public speaking, so i don't get to the theater much anymore

don't worry, i won't ghettoize your board, just wanted to ensure fairness but recently reading some points that do appreciate her singing but just concerne

Feb 23 2007, 06:24:05 AM
marie,
in the spirit of kindness, i've been reading this forum a few months following the play Rent but never felt compelled to post. I enjoy Fantasia's music so when I heard about the color purple i checked to see what was being said to find the majority of comments bashing Fantasia which i felt was totally unjustified and compelled me to signup to respond to the terrible comments i saw.
of course this is the great US and we are free to comment which what makes this great and of cour

Feb 23 2007, 02:40:33 AM
To EltonJ and the other anti Fantasia crowd..Its funny while you and the others are so negative towards fantasia, the real Elton John was very pleased when she performed for him at his Kennedy Center Tribute along with other stars who are actually legends in the industry consistently give her a thumbs up for her performances.

You are entitled to your opinions but I think I'll give more credance to the opinion of the stars who actually make millions doing this for a living.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You