News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheAudrey3

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheAudrey3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sweeney Todd - Final Show - Who is going??  Aug 22 2006, 06:41:36 PM
teebz, just to let you know. Sweeney's rush only applies on weekdays, and closing is a Sunday. I'm also guessing that this will be one of the few Sweeney showings to sell out, so there might be standing room, but I doubt there will be any good rush seats. :/
re: Other SWEENEY movie cast members - LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN  Aug 16 2006, 08:21:55 PM
I'm on the bandwagon for Anne Hathaway as Johanna; her "Kiss Me" from Sondheim's birthday concert a while back was phenomenal.

While I'd love to see one of the recent Tobys do it, I guess they're going for a child. If Jamie Bell can sing it, he should do it. I think that mid-late teen age range would fit it really well.

Ewan as Anthony would be nice, if not a little old to play a "hot blooded sailor"

re: Christopher Walken is Wilbur in the Hairspray Film!  Aug 16 2006, 08:14:23 PM
Is it just me who's a little wary that this is the third "confirmed" Wilbur?
re: What Actor is Your Raison d'Etre?  Aug 9 2006, 05:21:26 PM
Neil Patrick Harris.

A lot of people dislike him, but I just love his work, and just about anything he does screams "enthralling" at me.

re: perfect roles for stars  Aug 8 2006, 10:38:05 PM
Liz, that would be the BEST Agony ever.

Also, a couple pages back, someone suggested Jeremy Kushnier as Freddy in DRS, and I would pay full price to see that.

re: The Wedding Singer- Student tickets?  Aug 8 2006, 07:44:56 PM
You don't really "go" for second row. After first row sells out, it's whatever they have left. Second row is on sale to the general public months in advance.
re: Understudies  Aug 7 2006, 01:13:19 PM
Colin Hanlon as Mark in Rent, Nicolette Hart as Linda in The Wedding Singer, Todd Buonopane as Leaf in ...Spelling Bee, Ben Eakeley in Sweeney, Karmine as Mimi/Maureen in Rent, Timothy J. Alex as Freddy in DRS (covered the night between Norbert and Brian).
re: Sweeney Todd - Final Show - Who is going??  Aug 6 2006, 08:53:32 PM
mabel, you and I are in the same boat. Gotta love Mezz row J
re: Sweeney Todd - Final Show - Who is going??  Aug 6 2006, 08:39:48 PM
I'm going to be up in the mezz, because this'll be my third time, and I can't afford the great seats, but my mom took pictures at Curtain Call at Norbert's last in DRS and they didn't care.
re: BRAND NEW MUSICAL- 'EDIT:UNDO'  Aug 6 2006, 05:56:57 PM
Yep! The really angry banker/trustee person. We were kinda thrown by their win, but I talked to a couple of the critics who saw the whole show, and apparently it was really well put-together, just a bad scene-selection, plus, they were really nice at the rehearsal, and it was a student-directed show. You win some, you lose some. :)
re: Sunday in the Park looking likely  Aug 6 2006, 05:51:25 PM
I'd love to see NPH do it, but a return to the stage in New York full time is unlikely anytime soon, with How I Met Your Mother doing fairly well.

Neil is a "Sondheim pet," I would suppose, having seen him do at least 2 (probably more) of Stephen's recognizable shows. I think Mano would probably be unlikely purely because of the constant comparison to Raul Esparza, and Raul's portrayal of George at the Kennedy Center Sondheim celebration.

Sondheim really just isn't fairing fi

re: Andy Karl to step into TWS for five weeks  Aug 2 2006, 07:44:32 PM
Thespian. It's onstage. :)

This means we see Kevin and Andy. I'm pretty sure "Excitement" doesn't even describe.

re: Any news on the Les Mis understudies?  Aug 2 2006, 06:32:05 PM
Farah Alvin covering Mme T?

Dear Jeebus. I can't imagine that, and yet I have a strong desire to see it asap, as soon as I know if/when she's going on.

re: Andy Karl to step into TWS for five weeks  Aug 2 2006, 04:56:54 PM
ruthiefan, maybe because it's for a week or so, and because Kevin's a swing, and not an understudy, it's easier for Matthew to just play his normal part?
re: Andy Karl to step into TWS for five weeks  Aug 2 2006, 01:55:21 PM
Depending on how many stops, jimny. I'm pretty sure he's doing the Broadway mounting of Legally Blonde, so he probably wouldn't have time. Not discounting anything, though.
re: Andy Karl to step into TWS for five weeks  Aug 2 2006, 01:51:36 PM
I also know Stephen's taking a one week long vacation around the beginning/middle of September, and Kevin Kern will be playing Robbie Hart.

re: Andy Karl to step into TWS for five weeks  Aug 2 2006, 01:48:44 PM
The original Luke in Altar Boyz, he was in Grease at the Papermill Playhouse, and he was in the Bright Lights, Big City production in June in Philadelphia.

And Rentboy, I have NO idea, but I'm not complaining.

Andy Karl to step into The Wedding Singer for five weeks  Aug 2 2006, 01:40:03 PM
It's now pretty much official that while David Josefsberg is on a 5 week vacation from the end of August to the end of September, Andy Karl will be stepping into The Wedding Singer. So, Andy Karl will be playing David Fonda, a gay waiter, the mutant with the bad haircut, and others. Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

re: Broadway's Sweeney Todd Closes Shop On 9/3; Tour set for '07  Jul 30 2006, 08:46:10 PM
BB1 is where I sat on the 16th of July. It's off to the side a fair bit, but you're still a huge part of the action.
re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?  Jul 28 2006, 08:58:39 PM
lol, it was a joke. I guess those don't work. :)
hahahha, "Toddlers." I like it.

I've moved my vote from the Princess Bride to the Trappist Monks theory.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You