News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for solitarychele

solitarychele Profile Photo
Member Name: solitarychele
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spanish Brodway Stars
 Feb 23 2009, 06:02:55 PM
Spanish = someone from Spain

Latino and/or Hispanic = someone from a Spanish speaking country

re: Leslie Kritzer and Doug Kreeger to Star in 'ROOMS, a rock romance' at N
 Jan 25 2009, 06:49:33 PM
Yay for Rooms! My husband and I loved it when we saw it in DC this past September.

I'm sad about no Natascia Diaz because I loved her in the role.

I'm so glad about the production, though. (I'm a huge PSG fan and have been for many years.) I think it will make an excellent Off-Broadway show. . . I hope the economy agrees. *sigh*

re: In the Heights translation?
 Jan 21 2009, 12:53:10 PM
This post is great. . . it is like listening to my husband, who is from Spain, and my best friend, who is from Mexico, talk about all the various accents!

And don't even get me started about how different Spain Spanish (Castellano) sounds. I was used to the various Latin American accents I hear where I'm from that when I went to Spain for the first time, I thought they were all lisping. In Spain, the ci and ce sounds make a th sound.. as does the letter 'z'. .. so gracias sounds like gra-the-as and a word like zuma (juice) sounds like thuma.

Jay* your explanations were wonderful! :)

re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
 Jan 8 2009, 04:18:46 PM
"This isn't the last tour, but it's apparently Anthony and Adam's last endeavour into RENT...ever. "

I would say yes, this is probably Adam's last RENT hurrah. . . but I think I read somewhere that Anthony wants to bring his "Without You" to New York. While that isn't exactly RENT, it does have a LOT to do with his experiences with the show.

re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
 Jan 7 2009, 05:55:18 PM
"I always thought the lighting in Rent was somewhat under-appreciated. I'm interested to see the new lighting."

I've always, always, always loved the lighting in Rent and I think Blake Burba is a genius. I've seen the show (too) many times and the lighting takes my breath away each and every time.

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 3 2009, 11:49:34 AM
My month old son is named Oliver, simply because it is my husband's favorite name.

Our cat (who was my cat before I got married) is also named Oliver because of the book/musical. Oliver (the cat) was a stray and I thought it was a good name for a stray/orphan.

re: Why does Playbill cover art go from color to black and white?
 Dec 27 2008, 04:38:17 PM
That is the Playbill Rent had for a long time after the show opened.

I just assumed that they switched to the black and white logo after all the OBC left since those then would be pictures of people not in the show anymore.

re: In The Heights Tour?
 Dec 4 2008, 11:19:01 AM
"there's a lot more to lin-manuel miranda than just 'in the heights'."

That excites me although doesn't surprise me. . . I'm not a fan of labeling anyone as a "one trick pony" when they only have "one trick" (if you will) under their belts. Lin-Manuel Miranda is young (woo!) and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for him.

re: This scared me
 Oct 28 2008, 06:26:03 PM
Awesome! I had these tapes a long, long, LONG time ago and lost them due to moving around too many times... thanks for the link to refresh my memory!
re: Does anyone know if this is an equity production of Chicago
 Sep 30 2008, 06:45:47 PM
It is non-eq.

All of their Broadway Series is non-eq. (Except for JCS coming in the spring, I believe.) And.. really bad non-eq, at that. (I was a subscriber two years ago. Never again.)

re: The Who's Tommy Reunion concert??
 Sep 21 2008, 03:24:43 PM
It is announced!!

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=32829

And, according to the article, ALL the cast will be there!

I'm pregnant, and.. that is my DUE DATE! Gah. I'd love to be there, though. Heh. Maybe the Little Miss will come early.

(I searched high and low for this thread so I wouldn't get "yelled" at for making a new one.. I'm glad I found it.)

re: RENT's 5,000th
 Apr 21 2008, 09:02:26 PM
They'll never, ever have their 525,600th show!!

WAHHH!

Oh the humanity of it all!!!

*sniff*

*shakes hand to the heavens*

Damn you!!

re: Rent Closing cast?
 Mar 27 2008, 02:47:34 PM
Coolkid isn't a real person, right? It must be some kind of theatre spambot sent here to mess with everyone.
re: Sieber to Star in SHREK: The Musical - B'way Nov. 2008
 Jan 20 2008, 04:36:21 PM
Castilian Spanish or Latin American Spanish?

Heh. To lisp or not to lisp. . . that is the question.

(My husband is from Madrid, I can joke. :P)

/thread jack

re: Is the Little Mermaid a splash, or a fish out of watery flop?
 Jan 20 2008, 04:31:14 PM
Have you seen it yet, emmadny?

And, in response to the original question, I think if you go in with an open mind, you'll enjoy it.

I went in to the show thinking I would HATE it (TLM is one of my favorite movies) and I was pleasently surprised.

re: You think there should be a Little Shop Of Horrors revival?
 Jan 20 2008, 04:20:47 PM
Didn't Rapp do it on tour?

I saw the recent production and it was... dull. it totally lacked soul and heart.

I agree with a lot of the posters here, it should be done in a small theatre... on a small scale.

re: Sieber to Star in SHREK: The Musical - B'way Nov. 2008
 Jan 20 2008, 04:13:27 PM
I'm waiting to form my opinion on this. I honestly enjoyed the first Shrek movie... I mean, it could be really great... especially with the creative team they've got behind it.

re: Where is Anthony Rapp?
 Jan 17 2008, 01:22:06 PM
He was out sick.
re: Rent Tour
 Apr 14 2007, 11:18:16 AM
When is RENT ever bad? I've seen it 3 times - all on tour. All 3 were AWESOME! RENT is the most incredible show EVER! No day like today!

No day BUT today.

Who Do You Think Were Robbed Tonys?
 Mar 11 2007, 08:41:17 PM
Kiss of the Spider Woman over The Who's Tommy.

:/

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You