Rent Closing cast?

coolkid11776
#1Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:58am

Well now that the show is really closing in September not June who can we expect to be the cloisng cast.
My guess would be
Mark: Adam (whoever the guy is that is there now, don't remember his name)
Roger: Will Chase
Mimi: Antonique Smith
Angel: Willson
Collins: Jesse
Maureen: Idina
Joanna: Melene
Would the OBC come back or at least some of them?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

#2re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:59am

Oh what do you base this astounding prediction, oh, Sage of the Boards?

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#2re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:04pm

I already told you, Adam and Anthony are going to come back for the closing show, Mimi will be played by Frenchie Davis, and Laura Bell Bundy is going to be Maureen (rumors about Beyonce as Joanne)

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#3re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:06pm

Whoever "Melene" is, she'll be doing the closing all by herself. She'll be the entire cast.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Ole Chum
#4re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:09pm

your rent obsession would be moderately more tolerable if you werent so ridiculously incapable of making sense and spelling words that others can read/understand.

who is melene? what makes you think jesse and wilson would come back?

as for the rational part of your post- Will Chase almost definitely will be back, but Antonique is making some movie and likely wont.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#5re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:39pm

Guys, be nicer to coolkid. We all love shows. We just don't show it the way he does. Deep inside, we all have shows we love and want to post all about them on BWW. Just give him a break.

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#6re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:43pm

Why would you say Idina's coming back? (please don't let her)

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#7re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:55pm

Um, does Melene = Merle?

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#8re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:56pm

I will be playing every role for the closing night. Rent: the one man show.

amalou Profile Photo
amalou
#9re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 1:17pm

Aw dang. I was resolved not to see it but if Will Chase comes back I guess I better go one last time. I actually wasn't crazy about it when I saw it.

"But I can tell you that Raoul, who was so handsome in "The Phantom," is now a drunken wreck."

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#10re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 1:19pm

sorry Luponatic, but we all know that if rent was a one man show, it would be in the hands of Karmine Alers.

Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#11re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 1:21pm

Guys I just got a very secret phone call telling me the whole deal thats in place for the closing cast. The parents of the original cast will be playing the roles. Its still a secret though, so don't tell ANYONE.

ThatBroadwayBitch Profile Photo
ThatBroadwayBitch
#12re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 1:22pm

I would love a big "I WANT to be in this show" reunion. Anyone who actually FEELS like being in the show, that used to be in the show, could be in it, acting and singing and being good and everything. I don't care who.. Anyone who wants to go through the motions and be boring can stop being in the show.

get all the bitchy dish at: thatbroadwayblog.blogspot.com

dancegirl
#13re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:03pm

I was told by someone at the Nederlander that Michael McElroy (the current Collins) would be closing the show. I got this information from the same person who told me (on 3/19) that the show would be extending and the announcement would be in Playbill within the week so there's a good chance this information is reliable.
Updated On: 3/27/08 at 02:03 PM

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#14re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:15pm

I heard that the theater is going to be torn down right after the show because nothing as awesome as RENT would ever play there again. As for the closing cast, well whoever they are, I heard they only have 5 minutes to get out of the theater after the show or else the whole building collapses on them.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#15re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:27pm

Who's Joanna?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

solitarychele Profile Photo
solitarychele
#16re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:47pm

Coolkid isn't a real person, right? It must be some kind of theatre spambot sent here to mess with everyone.

ThatBroadwayBitch Profile Photo
ThatBroadwayBitch
#17re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:49pm

I'm still trying to figure out what moron named their kid Willson with two L's...

get all the bitchy dish at: thatbroadwayblog.blogspot.com

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#18re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:59pm

So if RENT is closing, can they please revive tick... tick... BOOM!?

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#19re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 5:05pm

coolkid, have you realized that NO ONE likes you or cares at all about what you think (especially about RENT)
"How can I get tickets to the closing performance. I'm dying to see it!!!" "HOW CAN I GET TICKETS??!!" "What will the closing cast be? I think..." Give it up!!!! No one cares!!!!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

broadwayboy522
#20re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 5:09pm

I'm pretty sure I heard that Karmine Alers will be doing the show all by herself the final weekend so that should be a treat for whoever is going!

wicked_beast4
#21re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 5:14pm

okay, I would go se Karmine do the whole show.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#22re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 5:50pm

yeah, i can't wait. I heard she was kind of upset though because they had to prerecord some of the stuff where there are over-lapping voices (like christmas bells and another day) and she wanted to try it without it.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#23re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 5:55pm

coolkid, have you realized that NO ONE likes you or cares at all about what you think (especially about RENT)
"How can I get tickets to the closing performance. I'm dying to see it!!!" "HOW CAN I GET TICKETS??!!" "What will the closing cast be? I think..." Give it up!!!! No one cares!!!!

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!!!!!!!!

You may not care, but somne people do. Who cares how the **** he types. He never insults anyone so wy don't you all give the kid a goddamn break!

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

wicked_beast4
#25re: Rent Closing cast?
Posted: 3/27/08 at 6:32pm

God, spellingbee, don't turn into a chris cocker for coolkid. I was just saying that countless threads for dumb rent questions get annoying.

Videos