News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GHOSTLIGHT2

Member Name: GHOSTLIGHT2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: THE ADDAMS FAMILY - Vanity Fair PHOTO
 Nov 5 2009, 09:20:04 PM
That cast could not look better, they ring more true to the spirit of 'The Addams Family' than the cast of the movie seemed to.
re: Annie Documentary
 Jun 16 2009, 09:18:04 AM
Believe what you want Gothampc, i am not trying to influence your thinking (and that LOL was a tad rude)did i not say the kids were all probably too young to know what it was all about? they weren't like the jaded know-it-all kids from today, kids in the 70's were neive about Drugs - i was a kid in the 70's i remember what bieng a kid was like then.
If i had seen any of that i would have thought that it was weird and none of my business.
We weren't there when the kids were, if we were we

Jun 15 2009, 12:55:41 PM
THAT my friend says it all.
 Jun 15 2009, 12:46:51 PM
From what i understand they were actualy pretty lax in the discretion department, it was the 70's, who cared if the "i"s were dotted and the "t"s were crossed, they could get away with anything at Studio 54 - or so the owner arrogantly assumed, he flaunted how much the place was pulling in and it brought the IRS down on him.
As for the kids most of them would have been too young to know what kind of vices were going on(little Danniele especially), and as i said they had a specific bouncer :

Jun 15 2009, 11:29:21 AM
Well, the ANNIE girls held a lot of authority back then, don't forget that it was an era in which fame came with a certain amount of power - unlike now when fame brings little influence,
those kids were "happening", they were "the in thing" of course they would be allowed in.
If you want to ask why they were allowed in you may as well ask why Drew Barrymore was also allowed in.
The girls had a bouncer to keep them safe so i would simply call it a silly adventure for them - they could

Jun 15 2009, 09:31:49 AM
Actually i saw it several times and i do not think it is manipulative - it merely says the obviouse - that joy and grief go together.
Did they have some bad, defining events? yes but it is clear that none of them would have passed up what they experienced.
Julie Stevens did not do a hatchet job on the show, she showed the glaring pettiness and insensetive decisions involved with putting on such a production.

I came away thinking just how little things had changed for child stars

re: A question about Andrea McArdle and Les Miserables.
 Jun 15 2009, 09:08:20 AM
What happened was sinse it was such a serious show she thought it would be fun for the kids if they could have an easter egg hunt on the baracade with hollow eggs containing money.
Once she cleared it with the stage manager, several dozen eggs were hid on the baracade set but a few (four if i recall correctly) were un-found.
Then later on one of those eggs screwed up the turn-table mechanism so it did not work and she was apparently wrote up to EQUITY - again.

re: The Addams Family Coming to Broadway: Neuwirth to Star
 Jul 6 2008, 12:31:33 PM
With all due respect folks i have to side with Nathan Lane.
Who sais Gomez MUST be suave and smarmy? John Astin was anything but those things and he was terrific.
In the series The New Addams Family Gomez was still a loveable goof.
That is why The Addams Family has become iconical where the Ray Bradbury story wich partialy inspired them (The Homecomming) has languished, they are loveable when done with good humor, and just a diversion when done more strait.
I would very much lik

re: The Phantom sequel sounds like such a joke...
 Jul 4 2008, 08:46:32 AM
I hate to say it but this was a silly project from the very beginning.
One phrase came up repeatedly in the other posts : DON'T mess with a classic because a bad or poorly concieved sequel can dimminish the original.
That is good advice but the people with all the influence do not want to hear it.
There is an objective to make money by producers and directors it is not about art, it is about commerce.
When Martin Charnin announced that there would be a ANNIE sequel i remember thi

re: TRIUMPH THE INSULT COMIC DOG, at the 2007 TONYS!!(in case you missed it
 Jun 12 2008, 09:34:18 AM
Thank You for posting that, I haven't watched Connan O'Brien in a long time so that was sharp and terrific.
The greatest comedy is in truthfull observation and everything he said that realy hit worked because it was all spot on right.
"Connan" turning up was a perfect example of that, he found a guy who would look odd anywhere and struck not only at his (is insane too harsh a word?) clothes and gets his employer at the same time.

But i disagree with thetinymagic2, the Star Wars

re: BRUCE LEE Musical coming to Broadway
 May 22 2008, 10:11:02 AM
Bruce Lee was a wise man and a philosopher, he was a great deal more than Chop Sock movies.
re: Andrea McArdle
 Feb 27 2008, 03:31:30 PM
Well dancinfan,it is somthing of a bad habit capitolising pronouns, i have tried to stop, when it happens it is not just in the context of her that i find it happens it is simply in that context that you noticed it.
Do I annoy YOU THAT MUCH? O.K., i never want to be a neuisance to others, if the way i write is SO objectionable i will stop posting.

re: Andrea McArdle
 Feb 27 2008, 09:43:11 AM
As I understand it after several engagements in Evita She has a concert in the Dallas Fort-Worth area with several other performers.
This seems to be the start of a busy Year for Her.

re: Ending of 'Annie'
 Feb 26 2008, 01:34:16 PM
If You are right You are right, if I am wrong I gladly admit it, My primary study of the film was of the production itself.
I may have watched the film three or four times when it first came out to study the content, but not since then.
As We get older We remember some things that are irrelevant to us differently.

Feb 26 2008, 08:58:45 AM
Yet again Thank You.
As I said I hadn't seen the feature since it first came out, and am going entirely on memmories from decades ago.

If I recall correctly Annie sang just the first few words with no musical accompaniment.
Is that REALY singing the song?
Yes Ashley Johnson was Annie in 'ANNIE: A Royal Adventure!' and She did a terrific job.
I re-watched My VHS of that film last night that Movie was extremely good, it really does stand on its own strengths, I would recom

Feb 25 2008, 04:36:51 PM
1995, Thank You for correcting Me.
I rarely make errors concerning Movie facts and figures and appreciate keeping all details accurate.

Feb 25 2008, 09:56:28 AM
This is a story I know a little bit about.
The truth was the Director John Houston hated the project and truly DESPISED the song "Tomorrow", which is why young miss Quinn only sings it at the very end (I hadn't seen it since 1982 as I recall)as end credits roll.
Houston had a Production Assistant (it may have been Denise Dinovi if I recall correctly) who added the more comic strip elements, the chase, the Autogyro scenes and of course Warbuck's muscle - Punjab, a powerful Mystic and Th

re: Forbidden Broadway question
 Feb 24 2008, 09:49:41 AM
I heard the cast album to Rude Awakening the other day, it savages Disney and Corporate Broadway, and takes the Mickey (Mouse that is) out of Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid.
It cleverly points out that that Spamalot really is a Forbidden Broadway skit,and pokes fun at the fact that with body miking Broadway singers do not have to have voices.
It does have a pointed message that Broadway has gone astray, and does dig at a few revivals like A Chorus Line.
As the title suggests Spring

re: Sex and the City - Full Trailer!
 Feb 23 2008, 09:47:10 AM
Thank You for that, I didn't think I would care for that show when I first watched it.
but in time I found it had an unmistakable charm.
For the first time in a long time I see an upcoming film worth waiting for unlike the tired 'Star Trek 11:let's start over' which NO ONE really cares about.

re: Is Loudon Losing Her Mind?
 Feb 22 2008, 08:38:36 AM
She was all-around brilliant and talented, it was not until I saw one of Her older performances that I realised what We had.
Thanks for posting those clips.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You