News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for someone.else's.story2

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
Member Name: someone.else's.story2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.facebook.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Manhattan Concert Productions 2016: The Secret Garden  Feb 18 2015, 01:43:49 AM
It's a really beautiful show. And the original production design... Just amazing. Happy to see them doing it next year!
IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!  Jan 30 2015, 12:42:33 PM
Oh my god, I hope they get Eden!!!!!
Joel Grey Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm a Gay Man'  Jan 30 2015, 12:40:55 PM
I was only surprised that he wasn't already out. I always knew he was gay.

In any case, kudos to him for making it official even if we already knew.

Wicked Lottery change?  Jan 24 2015, 03:32:34 PM
The tour has definitely changed. I won in December and got row R. They said a limited number of Orchestra seats now. The winners appeared to be scattered throughout the orchestra. We were the last pair to get picked and most other winners sat in front of us so they are all fairly good orchestra seats at least.
Phantom of the Opera Reviews  Nov 3 2014, 11:39:47 AM
Anyone ever see Kevin Gray play the Phantom?

He was amazing and heartbreaking.

Has anybody seen the new Annie tour?  Oct 15 2014, 12:30:08 PM
I actually think the sets look pretty good. And I'm thrilled that they didn't cut the Hooverville number. I've seen a few recent productions cut it and I don't agree with that.
Into the Woods Reunion!  Oct 8 2014, 05:17:52 PM
Just got tickets this am for the added matinee! Row k for $199, kinda steep but it should be worth it! Anyone else going? Super excited for this!
Can Can  Oct 7 2014, 12:34:34 PM
Well, it's gotten good reviews so far! I was a bit worried after reading some comments here as I know people involved in this -really nice, good people so I've been hoping for the best. Sounds like it's going to be a hit! Congrats Papermill team!
Which is worse: Once or Violet?  Oct 4 2014, 12:45:06 PM
Loved Once , haven't see Violet but the premise seemed intriguing.

Yet another cynical thread about how "bad" shows are....this is nap worthy??????

Can Can  Oct 2 2014, 04:08:48 PM
Wondering how it went! Any updates?
Most underated broadway Phantoms  Sep 29 2014, 12:48:49 PM
Kevin Gray. Not sure if he was underrated, but he was one of the best.
Did anybody see Carole King as Ms. Johnstone in Blood Brothers??  Sep 29 2014, 12:43:58 PM
I saw almost all of the Ms. Johnstones.

I felt like Petula Clark nailed both the acting and singing.

Carole King was surprisingly good acting but sounded like she had some vocal difficulties.

And Helen Reddy sang the material well, but her acting was bad.

Mind you, I was super young when I saw this but I absolutely loved the show and saw it a lot-as teenagers tend to do with a show :)

Vanessa Hudgens is Gigi (Officially)  Sep 12 2014, 10:39:59 AM
Wow, I'm surprised so many people hate Gigi. I worked on it in college and loved the role and the show.

I agree that it is set in a certain time period and yes, perhaps not in line with modern thinking. However, she was progressive and strong minded, certainly at least for her time.

I think the show is charming, romantic and sweet. Not that familiar with Vanessa Hudgens but I wish the team lots of success.

West End MISS SAIGON to receive Live cast recording  Aug 30 2014, 02:10:22 PM
Wow, that trailer is amazing!!! So wish I could see this production and although not everyone does, I've always loved this show so it's nice to see it done justice with this version.
Into The Woods Upsetting Disney Purists  Jul 31 2014, 09:58:08 PM
We'll, Disney is upsetting Sondheim purists as well.
ONCE- Pantages- Hollywood  Jul 31 2014, 08:45:20 PM
I actually really enjoyed the show. It does feel like a small show and one that would be best enjoyed within the first 10 rows or so. Odd for a giant place like the Pantages.
Here Is The Official INTO THE WOODS Trailer  Jul 31 2014, 08:43:34 PM
Agreed. Looks kind of disappointing.
The Critics Rave,, You Go --- It's Horrible!  Jul 6 2014, 11:24:34 AM
A lot of the mentioned shows, I really like. However, I must agree that God of Carnage was one of the most pedestrian plays I've seen in years. No idea why critics seemed to love it.
tick, tick...BOOM! at City Center  Jul 1 2014, 02:42:25 PM
Ack, sorry! Not trying to start a debate. I am not even in NYC so I can't see this production. I just wondered, being a fan of hearing Jonathan himself sing the songs if the director was going for that. I don't care myself much about "perfect" singers, I like unique voices and am especially fond of anyone who commits to telling the story honestly as Larson always did.

:)

tick, tick...BOOM! at City Center  Jul 1 2014, 12:00:43 PM
If you've heard Jonathan Larson perform this, he too wasn't a perfect singer yet he to.d the story and it was heartbreaking. Perhaps, the director was aiming for a similar dynamic and spread less concerned with perfect singing than replicating the honestly with which Jonathan performed the show.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You