News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gymnastdzb2

gymnastdzb2 Profile Photo
Member Name: gymnastdzb2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who's Vanessa in ITH?
 Nov 17 2008, 07:57:05 AM
Oh my god, unbelievable! Marcy Hariell is the first Mimi I ever saw in RENT! That was like 10 years ago! I totally loved her then, I can't believe I will get to see her play Vanessa in ITH. She seems a bit old for the role though, did the people who saw her feel this way?

OMG total blast from the past on this one!

re: HAIR will play the Hirschfeld
 Nov 17 2008, 07:54:38 AM
what?! I thought it was a given that groff was going to transfer. what other projects is he going to do? Is hanke currently doing any other projects that would conflict with hair opening?

If it were Hanke playing Claude I would pee my pants and get on the first plane from London to NY to see him. I saw him 5 times in the park this summer and LOVED him! Though I'm sure Groff is outstanding as well.

re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
 Sep 14 2008, 09:57:22 AM
i asked hanke after the show if he was going to continue with it to broadway, and his response was doubtful at best. He said he hadn't expected it to continue, and he has a bunch of other offers and stuff on his plate. (which could also be code for 'they chose groff). Sad, because I LOVE Hanke's Claude. I overheard Swenson telling someone else that the cast was transferring with the show to b'way.

This show is so good...I could see it every night!

Sep 11 2008, 12:41:17 PM
wickedrocks...I hope you are right. I would pee my proverbial pants if hair was put in the neder--especially with Hanke starring! Even as an intensly depressed Rent fan who is unwilling to set eyes on the neder missing its rent marquee, i would go see hair there in an INSTANT! Would they do sone sort of ticket lotto or rush?

I'm so sad I'm moving to London for graduate school for a year, This will definitely be worth a trip back home (provided it coincides with christmas vacation or the

Sep 11 2008, 08:35:33 AM
hey wickedrocks...i don't care how you know, but i really hope they try to get the neder...it would be SOOO perfect! circle in the square is nice too, but the nederlander would be the best. God I hope wickedrocks' source is legit. On another note, I heard that Guys and Dolls was set to go into the nederlander next (gag).
 Sep 11 2008, 12:02:20 AM
yayy! I just saw it in the park tonight, and the actors were mentioning that the "official word" about broadway would be out tomorrow, but I'm so glad to see it was already up by tonight!

Coming from a renthead for life, I wish Hair would open up in the nederlander (or some other small cozy theater)...even better if it were with Hanke as Claude!!! I <3 him. I'm so excited for this transfer! Hopefully it will fair better than passing strange (the best new musical in my opinion, that sad

re: any mimi understudies in RENT before close?
 Aug 24 2008, 06:40:58 PM
i second that emotion
 Aug 21 2008, 11:25:48 PM
i know. i love her she is my fave mimi, and i've seen 11 different mimi's in the past 10 years. GOD i wish i could see her one more time before the show closes. please let me know if anyone hears that she is going on again!!!
 Aug 21 2008, 11:12:28 PM
aw man! I wish I had known, I totally would have gone. You know if that is going to happen again any time in the near future?
::fingers crossed::

any mimi understudies in RENT before close?
 Aug 21 2008, 11:07:21 AM
Does anyone know if Renee Elisa Goldsberry will be out of any performances before the show's close? She is not my favorite, and I was hoping to be able to see Karmine in as Mimi one last time...

Thanks!
-Danielle

re: RENT: Your First Time
 Jan 16 2008, 11:02:47 AM
december 1999. I was 14 years old and have seen it 23 more times since then. The first time I saw it, I don't know if I fully understood/appreciated the depth and meaning of the show. But I couldn't take my eyes off of marcy harriell. She made me fall in love with mimi. I cried so hard the first time I saw Rent because I thought she was going to die at the end. That musical changed my life. every time I see it it still says something different to me, and I notice something new. Its truly a beaut
re: Who can't wait for IN THE HEIGHTS?!?!?
 Aug 25 2007, 11:51:26 PM
ok. i really can't wait. I can listen to the 2 songs on myspace, plus $96,000 on youtube from bryant park, plus some clips on the video montage of other songs. but I need more. any help anyone? I heard somewhere about a demo cd existing...
re: HEIGHTS to Broadway
 May 26 2007, 10:00:31 PM
no??? ok...
re: HEIGHTS to Broadway
 May 26 2007, 12:23:29 AM
more importantly, how do i see this show more while it is still off-broadway!?! I know they have it at TKTS, but is there a way to get cheaper tickets at the box office? I saw it tonight (amazing!) and it looked like most of side orchastra was empty. if you buy a seat in rear mezz for the cheaper price will they let you move down to an orchastra seat that is open? I want to see it again but i'm a poor college student. haha. any ideas?
re: Really Fun Broadway Songs
 May 14 2007, 11:42:23 PM
master of the house-les miz...and definitely anything from hairspray.
re: IN THE HEIGHTS moving to B'way?
 May 12 2007, 01:26:31 AM
I don't like the suggestion that ITH will move to the nederlander! although the show sounds great, and I'm in love with the songs I've heard from it, I'm not reasy for RENT to move out any time soon! I do wish they had an In the Heights cast recoring already though...
re: Edgier Version of RENT in London
 May 8 2007, 08:55:14 PM
RENT is sacred. I hope they don't change it too much. It always creeps me out to hear it sung in an english accent anyway...
re: Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp back to RENT starting 7/30
 May 3 2007, 12:16:22 PM
Hm...I didn't really realize that compared to the rest of the cast they are not any older. too abd Gwen won't still be in it when they come (that would have been a real reunion!).

oh, and speaking of Hanke I love him and think he is great.

Personally, I would rather see Idina or Jesse come back over Anthony or Adam. But...I'm getting psyched up now to battle the lotto crowds starting on july 30th!

re: Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp back to RENT starting 7/30
 May 3 2007, 09:23:53 AM
I have been a huge renthead for the past 7 years...so you think this should make me really excited...but its not. I don't really know why. I never saw the original cast, maybe I just want to keep the idea of the "legendary OBC" alive in my mind. Its weird for them to mix with the newer cast members too. I feel like the energy of the show has changed over the years. I am scared that Pascal and Rapp will not fit in. I'm nervous for them...
re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENT!!! Rent 2!!! Updates!!!
 Apr 29 2007, 11:50:13 PM
The show tonight was amazing. Gwen's solo was to die for...AND it was Antonique's last performance as Mimi, and she was phenomenal as usual. Sad to see her go. Plus, there was no lotto for tickets tonight! they sold everyone who came for lotto $20 tickets!!! :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You