It's Official: Hair to Transfer

i*heart*fame
#1It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:06pm

Acording to Playbill http://www.playbill.com/news/article/121169.html

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:11pm

I knew about this for a while and it was killing me that I couldn't post it...well I could but I'd be shot.

The excitement about this has been killing me! I can't wait!!

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#2re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:13pm

Not a big surprise, but cool to see it in print.

Theatre and cast announcements should be interesting....

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#3re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:13pm

Oh please dear Gods of Theatre let Hanke go to Broadway with it and not Groff!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#4re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:17pm

I wish they would have used something more clever for a headline other than "Hair Transplant".

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#5re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:18pm

What exactly is the point of announcing a Broaday transfer when dates, theatre, and casting will be announced at a later time?

I do hope for Broadway, they cast younger and Paulas gets more creative in her staging. Wherever, whenever, and whoever this involves.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:22pm

I finally aw it in the park last night and absolutely LOVED it. I'm glad it's transferring, even though I think it won't be quite the experience indoors that it was outdoors.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 9/10/08 at 11:22 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#7re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:38pm

I think it wouldnt be a smart idea to just put it from the park to a theatre. There needs to be some chahges. Wasnt its original theatre one of the B's? Belasco,Biltmore,Barrymore or Broadhurt?

Id love to see it go back into its original theatre.

Michael Bennett
#8re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:39pm

It was at the Biltmore, now part of MTC.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#9re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:42pm

Oh GOD, Let it be Groff, Hanke's voice was not so good.
And it will be Groff, he got great reviews and is the TONY Nom and only sorta name.
I hope they do a good rethinking of the space that they get.

bwaylvsong
#10re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:50pm

Yay!

gymnastdzb2 Profile Photo
gymnastdzb2
#11re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:02am

yayy! I just saw it in the park tonight, and the actors were mentioning that the "official word" about broadway would be out tomorrow, but I'm so glad to see it was already up by tonight!

Coming from a renthead for life, I wish Hair would open up in the nederlander (or some other small cozy theater)...even better if it were with Hanke as Claude!!! I <3 him. I'm so excited for this transfer! Hopefully it will fair better than passing strange (the best new musical in my opinion, that sadly didn't make it on the great white)

Let the sun shine in!

craftymarley Profile Photo
craftymarley
#12re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:20am

I just saw it tonight and loved it. I hope they're looking at the Circle in the Square. I think it'd be perfect there.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#13re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:23am

If it is Groff let him get acting lessons!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Yankeefan007
#14re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:44am

Keep the cast, dump Paulus.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#15re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:48am

I can't imagine they won't use Groff for the transfer. He got excellent reviews, and is the Tony nominee. Plus, I thought the whole point in waiting until 2009 to move the show was to accommodate Groff's schedule. I'm sure he'll be involved.

Didn't I read on here that they wanted Hanke to standby for both male leads on Broadway?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#16re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:59am

Too bad, I think Hanke outshines Groff in the acting department. His singing although very good is not as strong as Groff, I will admit but his acting more then makes up for it. I saw this production twice with Groff and twice with Hanke and I have to say I enjoyed Hanke's Claude a lot more.
Despite that, I am so happy this production "has Life"!

Edited for capitalization and spelling. Got to keep an eye out for the Grammar and Punctuation Nazis!

Updated On: 9/11/08 at 12:59 AM

Michael Bennett
#17re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 1:08am

I wouldn't mind them casting somebody completely different from Groff or Hanke as Claude to be honest. Neither was a perfect fit.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#18re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 1:12am

Such great news! Congratulations to everyone involved with the show!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

sroderick2
#19re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 1:33am

Wonderful! :)

I'll definitely have to come back to NYC next summer to catch this and WSS.

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#20re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 2:23am

I saw Groff in the role and can't imagine a more perfect Claude. He was sexy but maintained the innocence that Claude is supposed to have.

Please let this not be an American Idol vehicle!!! The cast is perfect!!!!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#21re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 7:07am

WOOHOO!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

WiCkEDrOcKS
#22re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 7:36am

I know for a fact (and you don't have to believe me...whatever) that they are currently eyeing the Nederlander. But you didn't hear it from me. They REALLY want the Nederlander.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#23re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 8:13am

This is the best news of the summer! I've only seen Mr Hanke as Claude...so I can't compare. I am hoping he will be cast as Claude for 2 reasons.One is that his performance to me...is so genuine and moved me to tears so often (well the whole thing moved me to tears so often...). He put so much of his heart out there each time I saw the show. I sensed and identified with his conflict between obligation to our country and the opposition to fighting and killing for a war that was arguably immoral. I also think that his connection with Will Swenson's Berger must have brought the show to another level. I have read that Groff didn't connect with Berger as well. The relastionship bewteen the two lead actors is so much a part of the climax of the show.
One question about the venue...if it's not the Circle in The Square...how will we get to dance at the end?

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

WiCkEDrOcKS
#24re: It's Official: Hair to Transfer
Posted: 9/11/08 at 8:27am

They'll probably cut the onstage interactions for the Broadway transfer either way...to let the people who prbably waited over five hours for tickets on the stage that doesn't have much electrical stuff to knock over or whatever (plus the Delacorte is obviously just a smaller venue in general). Broadway, on the other hand, is a different story...I doubt they'll keep the onstage interaction wherever it goes.