News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Show Off2

Show Off2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Show Off2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sondheim's Catchiest Score?
 Apr 8 2007, 06:42:09 PM
To me, the catchiest is ASSASINS or possibly INTO THE WOODS. But again, those are just my opinions... I sometimes find different songs from different shows to be "catchy" too but the entire score itself isn't catchy to me. Like SWEENEY. I dunno...
re: Favorite moment in a Movie Musical
 Apr 8 2007, 06:25:56 PM
DITTO to Roxanne in MOULIN ROUGE. It is my favourite moment in the entire film...

I love Cell Block Tango in CHICAGO... the choreography and just how everything seemlessly ties in together. I'm a sucker for dance numbers.

And in the RENT film, I absolutely adore the deleted ending where the actors re-assembled into their Seasons of Love formation on stage with the spotlights with only Angel's spot empty. And then he walks back on... so cheesy but I honestly loved it.

re: Aida Revival?
 Apr 8 2007, 06:01:22 PM
CATSNYrevival - I completely agree that the book is the weak part of the show. The songs are what save it, to me and with some re-working I believe a lot of the elements that are currently in the musical could benefit it even more. I'd love to see a revival sometime in the future.
re: What's Your Favorite Spring Awakening Song?
 Apr 8 2007, 12:31:54 AM
I Don't Do Sadness / Blue Wind, The Bitch of Living, And Then There Were None, Mama Who Bore Me (Reprise)... But if I had to pick one it would be the first.
re: What's the best Jesus Christ Superstar Recording?
 Apr 7 2007, 11:55:33 PM
The OLCR. The movie recording is horrid.
2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
 Apr 7 2007, 11:48:27 PM
Ebersole has nothing to worry about. I'd love to see a nom for Lea Michele, though.
re: LEGALLY BLONDE: Best Movie Musical since Hairspray
 Apr 7 2007, 08:52:49 PM
I agree that SPRING AWAKENING would most likely have a longer tour than CURTAINS. I think the show, once it loses most of the original cast, will flounder. As somebody mentioned before, LEGALLY BLONDE has a great chance of doing well not only because it has a name that is well recognized and the movie itself was quite popular, there are tons of actresses who could be factored into the lead role. So whoever mentioned that, I completely agree.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You