News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DARTH

DARTH Profile Photo
Member Name: DARTH
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

"OPUS" Spoiler Request
 Dec 29 2007, 05:05:31 AM
I see in Michael Dale's Top 10 Moments on Broadway for 2007, he lists the ending of the play "Opus" as one which left audience members gasping. Since the play has closed, would someone mind telling me to what Mr. Dale is alluding? The review at the time in "Variety" called the ending "obvious" and Isherwood labeled it "overwrought". So what happened that left the audience shocked, surprised, or "gasping"?

re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
 Nov 8 2007, 09:17:56 PM
When one has a $30 million pre-opening box office, a show can withstand a lot of bad press and negative reviews.
TWO FREE TICKETS TO "GYPSY"
 Jul 9 2007, 04:31:57 PM
In just a moment, I will address why this thread disappeared for about eighteen hours. But first, here is part of the final post that had to do with Broadway Local winning the two free tickets to "Gypsy" on July 20, and a subsequent enquiry from another poster asking to see BL's winning entry. In part, I replied...

"And please remember that there was NEVER any promise that the entry would be posted. Broadway Local did write compellingly about his daughter and her interest in theatre,

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jun 18 2007, 03:27:19 AM
The most unpopular opinion of all on this Board: If posters do not know how to write correctly, they should be banned forever from posting. I have read so many postings which berate the technical abilities of a singer, actor, or production, even though that same poster will write their thoughts with techincally incorrect spelling, grammar, or syntax. If one is going to expect perfection on stage, please deliver it when one writes on this Board.
re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.
 Jun 10 2007, 11:06:11 PM
Now that this is over, I can share that from 9p to 10p ET a LOT of the people backstage at RCMH were watching the last episode of "The Sopranos". That says a lot, doesn't it?
re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.
 Jun 10 2007, 10:57:02 PM
FINALLY, we can put to rest the insane notion that LBB might win Best Actress in a Musical. Final tally of Tonys that "Legally Blonde" won is...ZERO! Which is as it should be.
re: does anyone else find this annoying????
 Jun 10 2007, 06:04:56 PM
Not a chance in hell that LBB will win Best Actress in a Musical. One, she's not that talented, and two, she's REALLY not that talented.

re: Jonathan Groff Broadway.com Q&A
 May 31 2007, 02:08:49 AM
If there was a Tony for "Best Spitting By An Actor In A Musical", he would win hands down.
re: Webber Wants Sarah Brightman for Upcoming Phantom Follow-Up
 May 28 2007, 12:33:59 PM
KQuill- understand and appreciate your passion, but you should also not think seeing "Behind The Mask" substitutes for actually being behind the scenes. I've read your other postings, so I know you do understand who produced and released "Behind The Mask". Do you really think that's a candid "warts and all" chronology, or a documentary meant to enlghten and further interest patrons about a phenomenally successful show? As in most entertainment, and that's exactly what "Behind The Mask" is mean
re: Webber Wants Sarah Brightman for Upcoming Phantom Follow-Up
 May 28 2007, 11:39:22 AM
I really thought I could stay out of this discussion, but the thread has become too delicious.

I was an investor, although a small one, in the Broadway production of "Phantom". Obviously, from a financial standpoint, I am thrilled with the success of the show. One can argue all day about the relative merits of the show, but what cannot be challenged is the eight hundred million dollars in box office the New York production has generated.

However.... there are SO MANY great ba

re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
 May 26 2007, 12:36:48 AM
The sound of nothing that you hear is the reaction to the news that Rosie will no longer be on "The View".
re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
 May 25 2007, 09:04:13 PM
Most of these results are both shameless and shameful.

Average voting age for these awards: going on 16.

Average IQ of persons voting for these awards: Somewhat less than that.

A total waste of time and cyberspace.

re: Jason Alexander as Max Bialystock
 May 21 2007, 02:45:55 PM
Boy From Ohio, yes, in the theatre, that is called "amateur night", which is a kind assessment of the Alexander/Short performances.

re: Jason Alexander as Max Bialystock
 May 21 2007, 02:42:20 PM
I absolutely agree with yankeefan. We saw the show twice with Lane and Broderick in New York and thought when it played here in L.A. that Alexander and Short would likely be something of a letdown. But it was more a train wreck than a letdown. There was not a lick of chemistry between the two, and it was painful watching them chew the scenery under the guise of acting. Who knew it was possible to play "The Producers" too broadly? These two talented actors, at least in this show, were not ju
re: Who do you prefer Sarah Brightman or Emmy Rossum singing the songs from
 May 15 2007, 12:54:42 AM
How about a "write-in" vote?

My absolute choice would be Dale Kristien, who played the role of Christine on Broadway after Sarah left, then for three years in Los Angeles.

The role of Christine was considered so vocally demanding that it was typically sung six times a week by the lead and twice a week by the understudy. The ONLY Christine who has ever been able to sing the role all eight performances a week is Dale, and she did so without ever missing a performance for over th

re: LaCageFans: CORAM BOY Review
 May 14 2007, 04:11:07 PM
First, thanks for continuing to bring the matter of this individual's plagiarism to everyone's attention. I am new to these Boards and was unaware that this was an issue until I read this thread. I have now read LCF's previous posts, and this is a very serious matter.

Plagiarism is not just morally wrong, it's illegal. The sources from which La Cage Fan is "borrowing" are almost all copyrighted. Even those that are not individually copyrighted are protected by general copyrights whic

re: Tony Tix
 May 13 2007, 07:07:45 PM
This is just a "heads up", so feel free to disregard, but...

There is a great deal of ongoing conversation about security at this year's event. I would not count on what happened last year being the same as what happens this year. I think you will find that many new rules will apply this year.

I agree that dark suits and ties are very much the norm, especially in areas that will not be seen in camera close-ups. And if a recognizable talent chooses not to wear a tuxedo, what

re: Tony Tix
 May 13 2007, 01:00:17 PM
To answer some of these questions....

The link to tickets on the Tony Awards website, and the ability to buy tickets through Ticketmaster, will become active at 9:00am EDT on May 15. A very limited number of tickets will be available at $200 per seat, with a maximum of two or four (still being decided) per transaction.

This year, not only will metal detectors be used for security, but no one will be admitted to the theatre with anything other than a small purse, which will be

re: DEUCE Reviews
 May 7 2007, 12:40:27 AM
WAT, yes, Ms. Lansbury will certainly be nominated and could indeed win. The demographics of Tony voters, as with most major entertainment awards, are not equally distributed, paricularly in the age of the voters. Several voters with whom I have spoken suggest that BECAUSE Ms. Lansbury was given very poor material with which to work, and has by most accounts done spectacularly well with Mr. McNally's "nothing" of a play, she will deserve recognition.

If one then looks at the performan

re: Any news on Legends with Joan Collins?
 Apr 28 2007, 01:37:52 PM
You will have much more fun and enjoyment looking at the photos above than if you have to sit through "Legends".
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You