News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for amalou

amalou Profile Photo
Member Name: amalou
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Is Little Mermaid worth seeing?  Apr 22 2009, 08:54:02 PM
I love Disney movies/shows. I've seen many "bad" shows but I usually find something to enjoy in the show that made it worth my time and money.

Little Mermaid is easily the worst show I've seen. It was the only time I wanted to walk out of a show. I was prepared for it to be very kid-friendly so I knew parts of it would be corny or cheesy. But it was way too much for me to handle. I never cared for one second about anything going on. It was a giant let down.

re: Good Thing Marcie Dodd Can Sing...  Jan 25 2009, 11:59:31 AM
PiraguaGuy, they need to but they won't. A mistake is a mistake but others simply can't let it go. I have no idea why. It's not THAT annoying.
re: do you think the people in Phantom get tired of the show  Jan 19 2009, 11:17:48 AM
Little-Lotte: "It's my belief that if an actor who graduated from the so-called 'big name theatre schools' is complaining because they only have a bit role in a Broadway show then, in my opinion, they don't deserve to be an actor and there are thousands of talented people who will happily take their place."

Well said. I couldn't have put it better myself :)

re: do you think the people in Phantom get tired of the show  Jan 18 2009, 04:06:59 PM
I agree with the idea that you could get tired of anything you're in if you are in it long enough. On the one hand, I understand the frustration, and on the other...you're in a Broadway show. There are so many people who would bend over backwards to take your spot in an instant.

All the same, I'd rather be the "whip guy" for five years and make money doing it than flip burgers.

re: I Love ( ) and I'm not ashamed!!  Sep 28 2008, 07:44:28 PM
The only thing that I can think of that is bad about Wildhorn is that his stuff starts to sound repetitive after a while, but I still like it. I get ADD if I have to listen to an entire album straight though, but in general I don't think his music is that bad. Scarlet Pimpernel is good.
re: I Love ( ) and I'm not ashamed!!  Sep 28 2008, 06:52:08 PM
Oh let's see, I got lots:

Phantom of the Opera
Aida
Tarzan
Cry-Baby
Pirate Queen
All Shook Up
Beauty and the Beast
Dance of the Vampires
Dracula
Lennon

Yeah, I'm a loser. But I love these shows.

re: Phantom 2 question  Sep 28 2008, 05:32:22 PM
Winston, where did you hear that? God, I realy hope they scrap this!
re: Hunchback of Notre Dame  Sep 25 2008, 01:11:38 PM
1. Clay should stay far, far away from playing Quasimodo.

2. According to this article, they are still developing the show for Broadway:

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2008/09/21/1A_DISNEY_MUSICALS.ART_ART_09-21-08_E1_18BAF84.html?sid=101

I just hope they don't tamper too much with the German version if/when they bring it to Broadway.

re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.  Sep 16 2008, 05:12:51 PM
Lots of times during Cry Baby, pretty much any scene with Alli Mauzey. I also cried laughing at Ruprecht in DRS.

I laughed really hard at Phantom one time. When the first gun shot went off, this girl shrieked the top of her lungs. All of us in the front row were trying not to chuckle, but Michael Shawn Lewis was cracking up a little bit....and that made me laugh harder.

re: It's been one year since Beauty and the Beast closed...  Jul 29 2008, 03:36:00 PM
Not one of the best shows I've seen but it was absolutely better than Little Mermaid. If they do bring it back for the holidays, I would see it.
re: Disney's Tarzan  Jul 9 2008, 12:28:00 PM
Right from sitting down, there's a sort of thrilling atmosphere with the drums getting louder, the stormy scene is set etc. The opening promises something that the rest of the show just couldn't deliver.

I didn't like Josh Strickland, some of the book was a little absurd, a few new songs were okay, the "Son of Man" scene was a huge let-down. The giant moth was pretty as was the music that went along with it. The scenery for the most part was dull but it did keep a jungle-y atmosphere. T

re: Xanadu Onstage Seats  Jun 26 2008, 07:26:37 PM
I only saw it once on the side and it was fine. You do often end up just watching the backs of their heads, but it's really exciting to sit on stage. Totally worth it. :) Just as long as you're willing to stand up and dance with a glow stick during the finale.
re: Cry Baby Final Performance  Jun 23 2008, 12:56:42 PM
You can expect negative comments in just about every thread. But the thing is that it's the closing of a show so maybe some people are upset and seeing a negative comment might not be taken well. Personally, I'm not heartbroken that Cry Baby closed but it always irks me when someone takes joy in the closing of a show. Like rubbing salt in a wound.

I went to the last show. I wasn't planning on going, but I went at the last minute anyway and I was glad I did. It was worth it for the

re: Awkward Stage Door Moments  Jun 23 2008, 12:48:56 PM
I was at the stage door of Lestat (I know, I know! I'm not defending what I did!) and this girl wanted Hugh Panaro to sign a book for her and he wrote 2004 on it. He immediately crossed it out and wrote 2006 over it and I said "Maybe it's 2004 in vampire years???" haha

LAME. :)

re: Phantom Vegas is getting disturbing.  Jun 20 2008, 09:27:26 PM
"Can we choose our Phantom? I'd really rather be seduced by Hugh Panaro than Michael Crawford, if that's okay with everyone."

Yeah, me too? Or John Cudia maybe?

re: Shakespeare in Love Musical  Jun 20 2008, 09:24:24 PM
I adore this movie. I don't think it needs to be turned into a musical, but I'm curious.
re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!  Jun 16 2008, 09:01:06 PM
I've seen 3 (supposedly) different people say she was stale. It's fine if you didn't like her, just come up with your own friggin adjectives! C'mon!

I loved her. She had a lot of energy, she was really enthusiastic and she made me laugh. What else do you want?

Broadway...Disney  Jun 12 2008, 07:41:18 PM
Amen to that. The German production didn't have the Disney look to it. It didn't have that gimicky, bright and colorful, giddy romp feel. It could stand on it's own as a really fantastic musical that just so happens to be produced by Disney. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. Either it's just done or they'll completely destroy it.
re: Most despicable act by a likable character?  Jun 12 2008, 07:37:51 PM
I agree with Glinda suggesting they kill Nessa. Nessa may not be likable, but jeez! It's basically Glinda's fault Nessa gets crushed by a house. Then she's standing next to the corpse doing the cutesy routine right after! She has like three seconds of remorse and then it's "ok, whateves. I killed your sister but you stole my boyfriend so I'm mad now and it's cute! Hmf!"

I really don't like that. It really changed the way I looked at Glinda for the rest of the show.

Broadway...Disney  Jun 12 2008, 07:31:11 PM
"Why have they been so reluctant to bring Hunchback?"

Word was that it was too dark. It was much darker than the movie which was also condisdered too dark to begin with. They made Quasimodo's character darker and more complex and completely changed the ending. I don't want to spoil it, but let's just say Disney was not too happy. It was acutally much closer to the novel than the movie was.

But I've heard time and again that Disney figured it was no longer appropriate for family

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You