News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for artscallion

artscallion Profile Photo
Member Name: artscallion
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows that announce their own running time  Jan 18 2023, 02:14:10 PM

Pippin...Magic To Do
"Come and waste an hour or two
Doo-dle-ee-do."

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Nov 25 2022, 07:14:05 AM

NoItAll said: "A person who enjoys a characteristic common to the overwhelming majority of all people should not be called “lucky.”"

You have to take context into consideration. Someone who just misses getting hit by a bus is "lucky to be alive." Sure we're all alive. But without that same almost-got-hit-by-a-bus context.

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 28 2022, 10:39:57 AM

Why is she on the phone??? It looks like she's calling everyone to tell them "a new star is born!"

Radio City Music Hall Safety Protocols  Oct 22 2021, 07:30:36 AM

That masking policy is impossible to enforce. How will ushers (or anyone) know who should be wearing a mask once everyone is seated? It needs to be all or none.

Favourite Act 2 Opening Numbers  Sep 25 2021, 04:57:07 PM

The Revolutionary Costume for Today...Grey Gardens

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 10 2020, 09:33:09 AM

Carmilla said: "Square Peg2 said: "Although it sort of makes sense to me that if you're wearing a mask, you're less likely to touch your face, which is one of the major recommendations, so who knows."

I would want to wear a mask specifically for that reason. I realized that I really do touch my face often. So I've started wearing a scarf instead. I think of it as a human version of an animal's cone of shame ?
"

<

Best Scene Changes  Aug 28 2019, 03:29:41 PM

Grey Gardens, the end of act I, Big Edie finishes singing, Will You, standing in front of the exterior of the house. She's standing there in tears. Suddenly the house opens up and she's pulled backwards into the house which then closes back together like it's sucked her in and trapped her there. Act II opens years later with her still trapped there as an old woman.

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 27 2019, 10:21:28 AM

I saw a production of this starring Mulgrew's understudy, Paula Ewin. She used the original set on some kind of abbreviated tour. The charm and interest of the piece was that you felt your  were in Hepburn's living room, sharing an afternoon with her as she spoke to you about her life. This only works if the actor is convincing enough at replicating Hepburn for you to suspend disbelief and go with the premise that you are having tea with Hepburn. Ewin pulled it off beautifully. B

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 21 2019, 07:11:16 AM

logan2 said: " I'm always on tender hooks and worried what might happen."

It's more likely you're on tenter hooks. Though tender hooks seems more comfortable.

Gifting Actors  Jun 17 2019, 01:50:37 PM

I'd bring something small and memorable, like a nice vest made from the skin of the last actor you stalked.

Ginger Minj and Jinx Monsoon from Drag Race in Xanadu Tour  Jun 12 2019, 06:07:28 PM

ACL2006 said: "who's playing what role?"

I believe they're playing Melpomene/Medusa and Calliope/Aphrodite, the tracks Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman played. Though I'm not sure which is playing which.

Tootsie controversy  Jun 12 2019, 11:30:49 AM

I don't think the show itself is at all trans-phobic. But I think transphobic people will mistakenly see it as affirming their trans-phobic views (straight men dressing up as women to gain access to women's bathrooms.) In my opinion, to buy into, or even argue that notion only lends credibility to the transphobs' misguided fear/hate by acknowledging it.

In my opinion, it would be wise to ignore the controversy. It's not right to direct blame at the show, when the sh

Shorts in the theater  Jun 12 2019, 09:30:56 AM

Not all shorts are disrespectful.

Tootsie controversy  Jun 10 2019, 03:07:20 PM

SweetLips22 said: "'I'm not gay but $20. is $20.'"

Put THAT on a t-shirt and I'll buy it!

Musicals that make you laugh and make you cry?  Jun 3 2019, 12:29:13 PM

Grey Gardens

Sunday In The Park With George

Into the Woods

Assassins

Once

Really, there are thousands. It's a thing.

Hugging Actors At Stage Door  Jun 3 2019, 12:11:13 PM

I would suggest that asking a stranger for a hug is also inappropriate. It puts them in the uncomfortable position of having to say no, which can be awkward. So some will end up saying yes when they really want to say no. Do not hug, or ask to hug strangers.

FOSSE/VERDON  May 30 2019, 06:31:34 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Are you trolling, or are you really THAT big of a pain <>? Who cares about knife accuracy, unless it’s actually a plot point?"

I'm neither a troll, nor a big pain...
The knife stood out to me and took me immediately out of the moment as much as seeing a gladiator wearing an iwatch would. When you add up a lot of these little anachronisms in one series, it becomes an issue. If it doesn't bother you

FOSSE/VERDON  May 30 2019, 09:52:45 AM

Condensing events for times sake should not be done if it changes the meaning of those events. To me the shocking thing about the sex scene with Ann was the very fact that it happened when they show it happening, right after heart surgery. It said a lot about him in that he would even ask her to do this. And it says a lot that she would give in and do it against her better judgement. To me, it actually felt more like power and abuse, than sex. And none of that comes into play if you remove th

FOSSE/VERDON  May 26 2019, 08:15:10 AM

The Wikipedia page on payphones says, "On average, pay phone calls generally cost 5¢ into the 1950's and 10¢ until the mid 1980's. Rates standardized at 25¢ during the mid 1980's to early 1990's."
I interpret this to mean that it was only a nickel until it changed to a dime sometime during the 50s. Then it remained a dime until the 80s.

Payphones

FOSSE/VERDON  May 16 2019, 06:26:29 PM

PerforMeg2 said: "BTW a very fun PBS documentary on YouTube from the early '90s about Bob, showing him dancing early in his career, with Verdon commenting...forgive me if others have posted.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnSGs33JK4.)!"

I thought this documentary was far more entertaining than Fosse/Verdon is. I find it a ploddingly depressive exercise with editing that constantly reminds me of All That Jazz, another version of this story that was far more entertaining.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You