News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for alex2155

alex2155 Profile Photo
Member Name: alex2155
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
 Jan 5 2014, 12:43:35 PM
Have any of the new Matilda's started yet? Or are Milly and Bailey just doing all the shows between them?

matilda or pippin?
 May 14 2013, 05:30:39 PM
I haven't seen Pippin yet, but I think your girls would definitely like Matilda. It is not just for kids. My 26 year old brother really liked it! When he came to NY he actually requested to see it.
Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
 Apr 18 2013, 07:44:40 PM
Just close the show already! Seriously! The stunt casting is getting so ridiculous! (As if it hasn't been already)
Did Wicked go through alot of Problems before it opened?
 Apr 15 2013, 09:40:15 AM
"It truly wasn't until Chenoweth and Bundy were gone that the Wicked team finally didn't have Galinda headaches."

What was the drama with Bundy that caused headaches with the team?

For Those Who've Seen MATILDA...
 Apr 13 2013, 02:55:00 PM
I saw the show almost 4 weeks ago and was sitting in the balcony. A few rows from the top, in a side section (but only 2 seats in from the aisle). The view wasn't bad, but being so far up you can't really see facial expressions.
I'm going back in a few weeks and sitting in the center orchestra midway back so I'm excited to see it more up close.
I would think or orchestra would be good, except maybe the first few rows due to the height of the stage. I think front mezzanine is good too.

MATILDA Previews
 Apr 11 2013, 01:43:49 PM
There are lots of different reviewers that come to review the show. They don't all come on one night. Usually the week before opening there are reviewers in the audience almost every night, so every girl is going to be reviewed by some paper/magazine/etc.
Matilda is OBVIOUSLY winning best musical....
 Apr 9 2013, 05:46:57 PM
I wonder which girl is going to play Matilda on opening night!!?
Hardbody Matinee today
 Apr 3 2013, 08:23:20 PM
I saw this show a few weeks ago...I had a comp ticket. I think the cast, ushers, bartenders, anyone that works for this show in some way have access to comps. That how I got my comp...through a friend that works at the show.
I enjoyed the show a lot more than I thought I would. I'd definitely recommend it to frequent theater goers or people that live in the city. However I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for tourist that are here and only seeing 1 or 2 shows. Tourists want to see things l

Newsies Free Lottery?
 Mar 24 2013, 08:10:26 PM
Went today to do lottery. Probably over 100 people were there. My friends name was called so we got to go. We were excited because we hadn't seen the show yet.
We heard it was Adams first show in the role of Jack Kelly prior to the show...my friend saw him walk into the theater when she was getting the tickets, he stopped and talked to a friend of his that had won the lotto also and said how nervous he was.
I have no comparison since it was my first time seeing the show and I haven't e

Bway Annie looking to cast new orphans
 Mar 19 2013, 11:25:06 PM
Just because they are having auditions doesn't mean the show won't close, as you can't really always predict that sort of thing. It also doesn't mean they are necessarily even hiring. Usually broadway show are required to have an audition even 6 months whether they need to or not.
Book of Mormon Fan Performance: 2pm July 1
 Jul 2 2011, 01:20:53 PM
for those of you that went, how was the fan performance?
Billy Elliot Rush
 Jul 2 2011, 01:20:03 PM
yes thank you!!!
How was partial view? (Beside the speaker being so loud right in front of you). Did you miss out on much?
Do you know if they care if there is no date on your id? my school doesn't have a date on it and I know some shows in the past have not allowed ids with no date.
And you can get 2 per ID right?

Billy Elliot the musical in San Francisco-Reviews..Mixed- to-Negative?
 Jul 1 2011, 06:20:03 PM
"I've never seen any Billy that was great at anything but dancing. I was pretty annoyed that they won the Tony Award....they were not excellent performers; they were excellent dancers in a manipulative, adequate musical."

I'm confused...from this statement ("I've never seen ANY billy...")
it seems you've seen the show a few times. Why would go see an "adequate musical" more than just the original time you saw it?

Billy Elliot Rush
 Jul 1 2011, 04:10:50 PM
Does Billy Elliot have a rush? and if some has anyone done it? Experiences?
Christie Brinkley to Reprise Role of Roxie Hart in West End's Chicago
 Jun 9 2011, 09:29:13 PM
Anyone know who will be the next Roxie on Broadway?
Billy Elliot Cast
 Jun 2 2011, 08:31:09 PM
I kind of remember that as well. But was Trent really only if they really need him? Cause he was on for tall boy during three of those shows too so he couldn't have been that sick or whatever. Plus maybe they just gave Kiril David A's show that week since it was his last week in the show (so kiril would did his 3, plus davids 2 shows and trent did his own originally assigned 3).

Billy Elliot Cast
 Jun 2 2011, 01:33:11 PM
When has the billy elliot cast ever been down to 1 billy? I know they've gotten down to 2 occasionally, but never 1. The tour actually was down to 2 recently which I think is why Jacob extended...because Giuseppe was suppose to leave tour and then come to bway to replace Jacob but right after Giuseppe left all the billys got sick and they were down to 2 billys for a week so they called giuseppe back for a bit.

Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
 May 28 2011, 11:51:51 PM
Saw the show tonight by SRO...so funny!!! Loved it!
But anyways...SRO didn't seem toooo bad today. Tried matinee lotto--didn't win of course! But probably could have done SRO for that show if we had been smart and got in standing room line right when we got there for lotto at 11:30. Cause we did get in line for a brief second after we lost the lotto and were people number 29 and 30. We knew we wouldn't get it being those numbers so we left but a lot of people jumped in the SRO line right af

Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
 May 25 2011, 10:51:17 PM
I'm planning to try the lotto, but I guess if I lose it will be too late to get SRO tickets?? yes?
What time do they start selling SRO? how many do they have per show? and what time should you get in line to get them 1 show or 2 show day?

Alex Ko's final Billy Elliot Performance!!
 May 16 2011, 11:23:21 AM
Thank you billyboyA for you review! And for your response to dramamama. I actually have stopped coming to this board very often because of the unnecessary rude remarks by some posters on here. My sole reason for coming on here today was to see if there had been a review written on Alex's final show. I was thrilled to find your detailed recap of last nights show! I have seen Billy Elliot only once a few months ago. Although I have followed the show from it's opening on broadway. Alex was the Bill
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You