pixeltracker

Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.

Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.

HBBrock
#1Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 5:53pm

With the exception of premium tickets. Talk about monster hit.
Updated On: 5/25/11 at 05:53 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 6:04pm

(Then its not completely sold out.)

Yes, its pretty much been a hit since it started previews. I have tix for next month. Very excited.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#2Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 6:07pm

there are single tickets available in July.

kidbroadway2
#3Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 6:34pm

can always try the lotto i guess.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 6:50pm

Last week I stood for SRO for 3 hours and saw it for 27 bucks. Perfect view. Didn't mis anything except something that we were told happens at the top of the set for like 3 seconds. I have a co-worker that got in line this afternoon at 2:30 and was 8th in line.

When I did Standing room, I went to the box office to ask if I had to have cash or could use a card (You can use a card) and the woman in front of me paid cash for two premium tickets for June. Close to 800 bucks. No show is worth that in my opinion.

Just give the world Love.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#5Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 6:52pm

Well, I guess this means that I'll definitely be able to get standing room when I go this summer. I imagine I'll have to get there fairly early, though.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 7:04pm

Wonderfulwizard, I took a book but ended up meeting people and chatting. The girls behind me knew Nikki M. James and Jared Gertner (Gad's standby) and they hung out with us for a bit in line. The time goes by fast.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#7Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 7:04pm

And since half of the orchestra and aisle pairs are premium seats, its definitely not sold out.

That is why they have the bizarro pricing scale for premium seats that goes up the closer it is to the performance.

Because when someone walks up to the box office wanting to buy a regular ticket they are told all that is left is premium for whatever it is, $227. If the person balks, they explain that those seats go up incrementally the closer to the show, thus thwarting those people waiting for premium seats to be released for regular sale closer to show.

So they are selling more of the orchestra at a premium price. Trust me, if you have bread, you can get into the show same week, even same day.

These people know what they are doing.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 7:12pm

I think the price showing on the board was something like $398.00 a ticket for premium seating. I don't know if it was for that day only but that's what she paid for tickets in June.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 7:18pm

That's obscene. Joseph Smith and his magic fvck frog would be proud.
Updated On: 5/25/11 at 07:18 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#10Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 7:32pm

uncageg, I wasn't too worried about the time- I was planning to go up with friends, and the prospect of seeing the biggest hit of the year for $27 is too good to pass up. But I'm glad to know the wait isn't awful.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#11Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 9:27pm

Oh, they definitely know what they are doing and are good at it. Tourists know it is a hard ticket are willing to pay obscene amounts of money for these tickets. They are making it hard for brokers to get tickets too, which is driving up broker prices too. In the end, the producers, brokers, and tourists with money to burn are happy! Basically, the general word to those seeking tickets though a broker is that if you have are willing to spend at least $500 a ticket and will take what you can get, then you will get to see the show. As obscene as these prices are, it is great to see such a high-demand hit that get people interested in theater...and when they can't get into Mormon, put butts in seats at other shows.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 10:02pm

Probably the last show to go through this was Jersey Boys, although they didn't have the high demand until after it won the Tony. The year before, Spamalot was a hot ticket even before it won the Tony, and tickets became that much harder to get after it won. I'd say Spring Awakening & In The Heights only saw a a few months where tickets were hard to get. Billy Elliot saw it during their first year and Memphis always had tickets available(and at a discount) even after it won the Tony.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#13Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 10:51pm

I'm planning to try the lotto, but I guess if I lose it will be too late to get SRO tickets?? yes?
What time do they start selling SRO? how many do they have per show? and what time should you get in line to get them 1 show or 2 show day?

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#14Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 11:15pm

I'm planning to try the lotto, but I guess if I lose it will be too late to get SRO tickets?? yes?
What time do they start selling SRO? how many do they have per show? and what time should you get in line to get them 1 show or 2 show day?

Yeah, you have to get on the SRO line before the lotto, though you can always put your name in once they start taking names. They start selling 1 hour before showtime and I think they have 20 spots. I went on a Saturday a couple weeks ago and got on line at 4:30pm (tickets went on sale at 7pm.) I was 4th in line and by 5pm the line already had about 20 people. Now that the weather is getting nicer, you'd probably have to get there even earlier.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/25/11 at 11:38pm

I did SRO a few weeks ago and there's exactly 28 spots. Got there by 4pm and got one of the last spots.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#16Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 1:28am

While people are asking about Standing Room, I thought I'd chime in. A friend is planning to do Standing Room for Sunday's matinee and is wondering what time she should plan on getting there. I get the sense that people line up around 3 or earlier for evening performances, but haven't seen a lot written about people lining up for matinees. Could anyone give me a guess or point me to a thread that might have a guess (I'm terrible at the search function).

LiveLoud22 Profile Photo
LiveLoud22
#17Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 4:35am

So no lotto now? Barnacles. A buddy of mine alluded to there being a few "lotto seats" that were kept specifically for the lotto (even though the seats that lotto winners during the past couple months of BOM's run got were at different parts of the theater, and not in a set, specific "lottery section.")

Updated On: 5/26/11 at 04:35 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 6:23am

Who said there was no lotto? Did I miss something?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#19Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 8:08am

Looks like I'll be waiting till the fervor dies down a bit and will have to content myself with the cast recording. No way I can afford to pay premium prices (and even if I could, no show is worth that price!), and the lotto is insane. We tried it a few weeks ago and there were hundreds of people there. Obviously we had no luck. I can only imagine what it'll be like after it wins the Tony.

No show is worth 500 dollars a ticket. Not even close.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#20Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 9:22am

If you can/are willing to stand during the show and wait online for the ticket, I really recommend standing room. I got there at 2 pm for a Tuesday 7 pm performance (same one as ACL2006, coincidentally) the first week of May and was 4th in line. It was a beautiful day and I brought homework and reading. Time passed pretty quickly.

There are 28 spots. By 4 pm the line was pretty full. But seeing this show for $27 is a complete bargain and I would totally do SRO again (and probably will). I was in the dead center spot and my view was absolutely perfect, especially since the bonus of SRO is no one's head in my way! :)
Updated On: 5/26/11 at 09:22 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#21Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:31am

I thought there were 25 spots. I was dead center also. I would do it again. I wasn't blown away by the show but after letting the evening "sink in" for a week, I would do standing room for it again.

AvenueQ_81
#22Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:40am

So that means that if I want to try the SR tickets for this Saturday matinee I have to be there around 8am?? O do you recommend earlier?
All the best

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#23Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:49am

I don't know what it is like on Saturday mornings but from what I have seen passing the theater during the week, you should be fine at 8:00am. But then again, who knows?!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#24Book of Mormon completely SOLD OUT through August 17th.
Posted: 5/26/11 at 11:58am

28 exactly. 4 left orchestra(due to the sound booth), 15 center & 9 right orchestra.