News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Billy Elliot cast?

girlsings
#1Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 12:24pm

Anyone hear who is in the cast other than the boys?
GS

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#2re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 12:34pm

Further casting for the forthcoming Broadway transfer of BILLY ELLIOT will be announced shortly. I can promise you that.

girlsings
#2re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 1:12pm

Hope so. Hear everyone who has ever been on Broadway auditioned and no one knows who is in it!

BillyE
#3re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 5:02pm

Gordy accents are critical, and I hope they keep it authentic.
I really don't care if there are any familiar names, just as long as they're right for their roles.
I can't wait! (Sat Oct 4 for me)

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#4re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 5:28pm

-- STAY TUNED! re: Billy Elliot cast?

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#5re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 5:35pm

that's a really big mic...
Updated On: 5/16/08 at 05:35 PM

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#6re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 5:44pm

How long, Mike, how long?

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#7re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 8:53pm

I would kill to see Carolee Carmello as Mrs. Wilkensen

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#8re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/18/08 at 6:32pm

Just saw it in London last week while I was there.

I'd assume they'd change all the "****ings" to "bloody's" for the transfer. Aside from that there is no real need to filter the show.

Hopefully they don't change it to please tourist/young audiences because it was an amazing show filled with amazing performances and messages.

x-posting my dream cast (and yes, I still need to write my review):

Dad - Tom Wopat
Brother - Aaron Lohr or Adam Pascal
Nanna - Cass Morgan or Mary Louise Wilson
Mom - Lisa Brescia

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#9re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/28/08 at 12:47am

I read a rumor in Billy Elliot Forum that Donnie Kehr (Jersey Boys ensemble) has been cast as Dad. He performed in AIDA so there's a connection to Sir Elton.

Also David Bologna will be cast as Michael.

http://blog.nola.com/davidcuthbert/2008/05/theater_guy_blog_bologna_on_br.html

girlsings
#10re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/28/08 at 10:45am

Thanks. Hadn't heard about Kehr but keep hearing about Lea Hocking. Anyone hear anything else?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/28/08 at 2:38pm

There were rumors of Beth Leavel being "in negotiations," but who knows if they were true.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#12re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/28/08 at 3:51pm

^ I have it on pretty good authority they're NOT true.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#13re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/28/08 at 6:22pm

Hocking was/is in the mix for Mrs. Wilkinson, but they've got a "name" actress for the role with whom they're attempting to close a deal.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/28/08 at 6:26pm

Ohhhh, what kind of "name"? Movie name or Broadway name or more like TV name?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#15re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 5/28/08 at 6:32pm

This is frustrating! Tell us the rumors!!! =)

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#16re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 6/12/08 at 5:25pm

Anything further on this?

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

mar97
#17re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 6/12/08 at 8:37pm

Tracey Ullman? Can it be true?

Londonskyguy
#18re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 6/12/08 at 9:00pm

Perfect

sgv123
#19re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 7/8/08 at 6:10pm

not sure if this was posted, but another michael has been cast

Frank Dolce

Ballet girls have been cast as well.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#20re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 7/8/08 at 6:17pm

It's spelt Geordie. I'm so worried for you guys; did you get 'Byker Grove' out there in the States? 'Cos if I hadn't been brought up on that, I'd've been screwed with accent comprehension. XD

"By'-ah Groov mun!".

Ohhh, the memories, they come flooding back!

And of COURSE the casting will be announced soon. It's opening in a few months, they'll want to sell some tickets beforehand, and it's going to be REALLY difficult keeping the cast secret once people start going to see the show. re: Billy Elliot cast?

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#21re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 7/8/08 at 7:50pm

I am really, really curious about casting for this. Adult casting, that is. Why haven't we heard anything?

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#22re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 7/8/08 at 8:50pm

I really wish Beth Leavel would play Mrs. Wilkinson. Or maybe that's why Andrea Martin left YF early. :-o

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#23re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 7/8/08 at 9:02pm

Last rumor I heard was that Haydn Gwynne would be brought over from London to play Mrs. Wilkinson (apparently per Elton John's request) and that Carole Shelley will be playing Grandma.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#24re: Billy Elliot cast?
Posted: 7/8/08 at 10:32pm

theatreguy, where'd you hear this? Sounds perfect!

The "name" they had been in talks with for Mrs. Wilkinson fell through due to a television commitment, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up bringing Gwynne over from London.

And Shelley is dream casting for Grandma.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Videos