News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RentSpringRappFan

RentSpringRappFan Profile Photo
Member Name: RentSpringRappFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Jun 16 2007, 04:47:36 PM
1. The nicest for sure would have to be John Gallagher, Jr. after SPRING AWAKENING.
2. Also notable are definitely Jonathan Groff and for that matter, the rest of the SA cast.
3. John Tartaglia after BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
4. Barrett Foa after AVENUE Q
5. Michael Cerveris after SWEENEY and LOVEMUSIK
6. Norbert Leo Butz after DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
7. Anthony Rapp after SPALDING GRAY
8. Celia Keenan-Bolger after 25TH...SPELLING BEE
9. Patti LuPone after SWEENEY

re: How come Debra Monk hasn't played...
 Jun 15 2007, 09:56:34 PM
I wouldn't see GYPSY starring Monk for free. LOL. Sorry to be nasty, that's usually not my style, but I really think that Monk would butcher that role! Her Joanne in COMPANY is dreadful and any time I have seen her play a character that has any sort of emotional depth beyond that of Maureen's mom in "Center Stage" (and even that is pushing it), she has fell really flat for me. Sorry to all the Monk fans, just a personal opinion.
Hilarious Comments...
 Jun 15 2007, 08:10:13 PM
40 year old woman sitting next to my brother and I at SPRING AWAKENING (right when the intermission started): "You know, I just don't think I could be friends with anyone who didn't like this show."
re: Spring Awakening Over Rated?
 Jun 12 2007, 03:01:29 AM
PS. Sorry I wrote a lot. I tend to do that.
re: Spring Awakening Over Rated?
 Jun 12 2007, 03:00:42 AM
BLUE- "Spring Awakening is really none of these things, so I don't see very much Broadway commercial appeal."

I think it all comes down to audiences. For those seeking a concrete answer as to why it's "good," I can't give one, but I can come up with this: both times I have seen this show, the cast has had to come out THREE TIMES! And it really felt like the audience didn't want to stop applauding. The energy of the cast, the message of never letting go of those you love, the odd sense

re: I did NOT think Raul deserved the tony...am I alone?
 Jun 12 2007, 02:16:12 AM
Personally, I wanted Jonathan Groff to win...

But having said that...

I think Esparza was GREAT as Bobby...I would even go as far as to say TO ME, he was the PERFECT Bobby...

BUT...

Having said that...I also think that the character of Bobby is a really weak (and rather boring) character. I was in this show during my undergrad at CU Boulder as Harry and for me, I was really glad at the time that I wasn't cast as Bobby (one more time I was SO thrilled to be a c

re: John Gallagher, Jr......
 Jun 12 2007, 01:06:41 AM
I could not agree more with all of this completely deserved love being thrown onto Gallagher and I was SO GLAD to see this thread!

Personally, I am so glad to see the brilliant SPRING AWAKENING get everything it rightfully deserves, especially a trophy for Gallagher. He is the nicest guy and delivered one of the strongest performances I have ever seen on stage.

Kudos to him for his win and kudos for giving such a remarkable performance.

I have seen the show twice alrea

re: Your Tony Picks For Best Musical - the last 10 years
 Jun 9 2007, 10:46:11 PM
1997:
The Life
(*Titanic, The Life, Steel Pier, Juan Darien)

1998:
THE LION KING
(*The Lion King, Ragtime, Side Show, The Scarlet Pimpernel)

1999:
PARADE!!!
(*Fosse, Parade, The Civil War, It Ain't Nothin' But The Blues)

2000:
CONTACT
(*Contact, The Wild Party, Swing!, James Joyce's The Dead)

2001:
THE PRODUCERS
(*The Producers, The Full Monty, A Class Act, Jane Eyre)

2002:
URINETOWN
(*Tho

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You