News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaymyway

bwaymyway Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaymyway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Going to NY...
 Jan 6 2006, 07:24:51 AM
Yeah, I did the hotel finder on here, and that gave me a really good price of the hotel I actually wanted!

How far walking distance is 39 w and 60 from times square?

re: Going to NY...
 Jan 5 2006, 07:53:08 PM
Thanks for the info guys! I have one more question right now, and I'm sure I'll have more later-
How long, walking distance, is 69 w and 38 from times square?
Thanks!

Going to NY...
 Jan 3 2006, 11:54:09 AM
I'm planning a trip to NY this Thanksgiving- Could you guys maybe give me some hotels right in the theatre district that aren't extremly pricy?
re: monologues...
 Nov 8 2005, 01:26:19 PM
That's what I meant by general suggestions- all I needed was a point in the right direction- the links are exactly what I was looking for!
-Thanks

monologues...
 Nov 7 2005, 03:19:50 PM
I know you guys get this kind of stuff often- so please don't yell at me!
I'm an 18 year old gal, and I'm about to start auditioning for colleges...I need some general monologue suggestions, and I knew you guys would have some!
I need one comic and one serious, 1 minute each in length, within my casting range, around 15-21.
Thanks-
hannah

Red-Headed....
 Sep 4 2005, 08:48:59 AM
Hey guys! I have a question, and I know you'll be able to answer it-
I have very light skin, and brown/blondish hair. I'm in Beauty and the Beast, playing one of the Silly Girls ((And also a whisk...but THAT'S a different story....)). The wig is bright bright red, and I'm not really sure how to do stage-makeup for it. I've had several suggestions on what colors I should use, but none of them seem to look right on me. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks so much!!

re: Collecting original cast albums?
 Apr 17 2005, 10:17:11 AM
I buy everything. I'll look up obscure musicals on amazon.com and listen to the sound bits...If they sound interesting, I'll buy them. I have like 200 of them stored in my clost, because I had no other place for them, haha. I'm a little bit obsessive.
re: SHOCKHEADED PETER - 4/16/05
 Apr 17 2005, 10:13:33 AM
Wow is it really that bad?
I thought it was going to be good.

Theatre Talk
 Apr 17 2005, 10:11:52 AM
DHP is on this week? I adore him. He was amazing in Spamalot, and then he came out and talked to us, and was so sweet.

Regis and Kelly ususally do like a Broadway Week every year ((a little while after the Tonys, during the summer))
Last year they have Avenue Q, LSOH ((with Joey Fatone)), Bombay Dreams, Donna Murphy, and Wicked, I think...

re: Broadway's Lost Treasures
 Apr 17 2005, 10:08:09 AM
The Tony performances are usually sung live, I believe.
re: Your Favorite shows on Broadway now?
 Apr 17 2005, 10:06:19 AM
Spamalot
DRS
Little Women
Hairspray
Avenue Q

re: Anyone seen LITTLE WOMEN?
 Dec 3 2004, 11:52:30 PM
I saw it and loved it, and could not find a flaw...if you want to know anything, ask or pm me!
Once on this Island...
 Nov 24 2004, 07:50:25 PM
Hey guys!
I'm debating which cast I should get- 1990 Broadway or 1994 London. I was leaning towards the Broadway one, but I decided I'd ask. I've heard one recording before, and I loved it, but I just don't know which one it was!
Any help would be appreciated-

*SMOOCH!

re: Parade
 Nov 24 2004, 07:24:48 PM
What part did she mess up on? The lip-singing?
They can't hear the music, very well, so, if you'll watch, nearly all of the performances are "messed up."
But, you've gotta give them props. It's COLD up here!

re: Idina
 Nov 24 2004, 07:22:46 PM
Yikes...that's...distracting...
re: Crackage
 Nov 23 2004, 01:56:37 PM
Well, I have heard quite a few, but I'm a singer, and I know how it is so I won't go into detail...
except for one.

In one Wicked performance, Sean McCourt went up to that high note for "obscene" and his voice cracked in the middle of it. He played it off VERY well, but it was still hilarious to everyone who knew what was going on.

re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
 Nov 23 2004, 01:51:54 PM
But so many more people would be buying tickets, and therefore it would be nearly impossible to just get up and go see a show...you'd have to book tickets months in advance.
re: John Landis to direct 'Bat Boy the Musical' Movie !!!
 Nov 18 2004, 11:12:28 AM
It just seems to me that the focus sometimes goes more to Hollywood casting than talent casting...Like Nicole Kidman as Ulla? Richard Gere as Billy?
Plus, and I know it's imposible to take a show directly from the stage and put it on film, I just don't like the changes they make. I mean, it's a personal opinion, and if they come out, I'll watch them. I just don't think they really have a chance to do justice to the musicals.

re: Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
 Nov 18 2004, 11:09:46 AM
You can always try ebay- they usually have lots of playbills and things like that.
re: John Landis to direct 'Bat Boy the Musical' Movie !!!
 Nov 18 2004, 08:36:39 AM
Good...I hope Kerry will be in it.

I really hate the sudden musical-movie surge, though. I hope they don't mess Bat Boy up.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You