News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for busylizzie238

busylizzie238 Profile Photo
Member Name: busylizzie238
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RIP Nick Cordero  Jul 8 2020, 10:31:24 PM

Really shocked by Nick Cordero’s passing and how it could happen to someone so young and fit. I created this video dedicated to his career on stage. RIP Nick xxx

https://youtu.be/uyjHFp3ueYg

(Edit: sorry the hyperlink didn’t work)

Company Audience Rewards Pre-sale  Oct 16 2019, 02:03:21 PM

*deleted duplicated post

Company Audience Rewards Pre-sale  Oct 16 2019, 02:03:19 PM

*deleted duplicated post

Company Audience Rewards Pre-sale  Oct 16 2019, 02:03:17 PM
Hello! I’m planning to fly to New York to see Company and would prefer to buy tickets in advance. So during the pre-sale there isn’t much range in terms of prices, it seems to go from $79 to $197 with not much in between. Would it be best to go for the presale tickets whilst it’s available or wait for the general sale? Any advice would be much appreciated! ☺️
Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30  Oct 25 2018, 05:33:18 PM

If I remember correctly she was stunt casted in the Jesus Christ Superstar Tour which didn’t sell out the venues as intended? Anytime I think of her I’m reminded of this video .

https://youtu.be/BKXZ_uw8WVE

DEH sro/rush/lottery?  Oct 19 2018, 02:47:42 PM

I was at the box office two Sundays ago (day of the Broadway flea market) at 11:00 and was first in line for the first half an hour. I was slowly joined by a few more people and I think there were roughly 10 - 15 people in line at 12:00. Sorry that I didn't catch how many SRO tickets that were available in total but there were definitely at least three as the two lovely people behind me got tickets too!

Once on This Island lottery  Oct 19 2018, 02:39:07 PM

This update is far too late for this last commenter (sorry!) but for anyone else who's interested - I was there two Mondays ago, arrived at the 18:00 and the lottery was drawn at 18:30 for the evening performance at 20:00. There were 40 lottery tickets available for that night and everyone won a ticket except for only one guy but I think that he was offered some sort of discount. That being said, I met someone the next day who said that the crowd was larger and not everyone won

Donna Summer RUSH  Oct 19 2018, 02:30:01 PM

Update for anyone interested - I was there two Wednesdays ago, arrived at 9:00 and waited alone for an hour. Two more people arrived at about 10:00 - Managed to get seats for the Matinee in the Orchestra for $40 but because I had a small suitcase with me, they switched my original seat to one at the end of the aisle so I didn't disturb anyone. Regardless the view was still good! The staff were thankfully so understanding that because I had to rush to the airport right after the

The Band's Visit RUSH  Oct 19 2018, 02:21:06 PM

I was there two Tuesdays ago - I arrived at 8:00 - 8:30 and was surprised that I was only about 6th in line. By the time the box office opened not many more people joined and I was able to get a Box Ticket (Box50, A1). Only $40 and such a good view! I know it's a long shot but I met an awesome guy called Eth while queuing and lost contact afterwards - on the off chance you read this, please send me a message!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/22/18  Aug 27 2018, 01:53:19 PM

dramamama611 said: "The prognosis isnt good, lizzie. It MIGHT make it to January, but, sadly, an August closing would not shock me.

Another thing to keep in mind: theater (and hotels) get much more expensive from Thanksgiving to New Years, and much harder to find discounts.

I hope you get to see it, it's really special .

"

Just a quick update on my last post, I've bought tickets to New York and my travel authorisation thing got approved today!!! Sorry to post here but I have no one else to gush too This is possibly one of the most spontaneous things I've ever done but after all the warnings about Once On This Island closing soon, I'd be an idiot if I didn't try see it whilst it's still open. I was in a production of it while I was young, fell in love the with the cast recording, could go on about it forever. Anyways I'll be there from 29th Sept - 3rd Oct so just need to sit tight and let's hope they don't post a closing notice before then! haha thanks for your advice everyone - I really appreciate it  I'll also try and see Band's Visit perhaps and Dear Evan Hansen and enter lots of lotteries too. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/22/18  Jul 24 2018, 08:18:15 AM

ah that's a shame, but good to know - thanks!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/22/18  Jul 24 2018, 03:34:18 AM

Sorry if this has been discussed before - but are there any predictions on how long Once on this Island will run for? I'd ideally travel to see it early next year when I've saved up enough. But I'd consider coming sooner to avoid missing it completely. 

Jason Robert Brown speech for Sondheim?  Jan 8 2018, 04:25:43 PM
That was so quick! Thank you so much and I hope you have a lovely day :)
Jason Robert Brown speech for Sondheim?  Jan 8 2018, 03:44:07 PM
Hi there, grateful for help! I once came across this brilliant video where Jason Robert Brown awards Stephen Sondheim a local community theatre award of some sort. But before he does, JRB deconstructs I think one of Sondheim’s songs and makes clear all the fantastic things that are going on within a song that the layman probably doesn’t even notice. I watched it so long ago I can’t remember the exact details now, but I remember Sondheim welling up a little bit during it. I’ve tried to find the v
A New Brain Video  Apr 23 2017, 05:48:16 AM

Hi everyone, I made this video as my love letter to musical theatre which I thought I'd share. I've not actually seen A New Brain but I instantly fell in love with this song (especially with Norm Lewis' voice) and listened to it on repeat when I first heard it. I hope you like it! 

https://youtu.be/2tzu8c4ftOA

Dreamgirls West End  Nov 24 2016, 05:26:10 PM

Sparepart973 thanks for the second review, and I can't believe you met Henry Krieger! From interviews he seems like a lovely guy. 

Also ggersten, I can't tell if you're being serious about the button thing or not =/ 

Dreamgirls West End  Nov 23 2016, 07:54:47 PM

Really interesting to read your take on the show @sparepart973 , especially as you have seen other productions of the show. I sadly have to agree with your comments about Lily Frazer. I was fairly surprised as she was great as Nina in 'In the Heights' but then was fairly underwhelming in the part? I'm thinking that it may just be nerves and she'll grow in confidence as the show goes on. Will be keen to know your views on the alternate Effie too!

I summarise my main thoughts in my blog ( https://healthywholemealbread.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/first-thoughts-on-dreamgirls-savoy-theatre/ , but overall I think that it's a great production in terms of the vocal performances, choreography, set and lights. But felt a little bit empty afterwards and not particularly moved by any of the characters' stories, compared to the way I did with the film. Not having seeing any other productions, I'm not sure if that's a product of the direction or just inherently with the stage version.  

And also thanks broadwayguy91, for sharing the website, I live in London and had no idea that there was a live forum of theatre discussion like these boards, ha 

My first ever trip to New York (on a tight budget)  Sep 12 2016, 03:01:55 PM

Crazy NooNooHead - I hope you have a wonderful time during your visit to London!

MarkBearSF - No problem! I could gush about Broadway all day

Wick3 - I'm afraid I didn't see the London production. However I did see Cynthia Erivo in the flop 'I Can't Sing' the X Factor Musical. Despite how terrible the musical was she just shone and I hoped that she would go on to do greater things. So I am very pleased to see her take on a show in a much better musi

My first ever trip to New York (on a tight budget)  Sep 11 2016, 06:13:15 PM

Many thanks BrodyFosse123 for the clarification, I've amended my blog to reflect that this!

My first ever trip to New York (on a tight budget)  Sep 11 2016, 04:03:33 PM

Hello! I've been a long-time admirer of Broadway and a silent yet religious follower of this board from London as my window into the wonderful goings on in Broadway. After what has felt like years of saving, I finally travelled to New York for a week at the end of August and managed to squeeze in four shows.

I'm writing this post primarily to thank posters for sharing advice on which shows to prioritise and the advice on getting cheap tickets. Quite oddly, I ended up spending more on off-broadway shows than I did for shows on Broadway. I also hope to inspire those who would love to visit New York that they should keep patiently saving as they will not regret it. I'll give a brief overview of each of the shows I saw - I explore each in more depth in my blog at https://healthywholemealbread.wordpress.com/

AVENUE Q, Saturday Evening Performance 

I was surprised a theatre considered Off-Broadway was so big. I managed to get discounted tickets at $60 for seats in the Orchestra. Had already seen this show in 2009 but still enjoyed re-visiting it and seeing large audiences respond positively to it.

THE COLOR PURPLE, Sunday Performance

I managed to get rush tickets at $35 in the mezzanine. I arrived at the box office at 8am and was fifth in the queue. It was interesting to see the city that never sleeps in the early hours of the morning. Although it is less busy there always seems to be rumblings of activity. It wasn’t until 11am that the crowd got larger before the box office opened at midday. Fortunately I met these wonderful actors in the queue who definitely helped the four hours speed by. I was impressed by the show and found myself at the front of the queue for the stage door as I left the theatre so waited to see the actors come out. I was surprised by how willing they were to sign my programme.

THE FANTASTICKS, Wednesday Matinee Performance

Decided to see this show very last minute as I was by the ticket stands and this seller told me it was a cute comedy bound to make me laugh. I got tickets for about $50 in the front row and was largely disappointed. Can someone help explain how it is the longest running musical on Broadway? It seemed like everyone in the audience felt similarly disappointed by it.

ON YOUR FEET! Thursday Evening Performance

I was gobsmacked that I won the online lottery for tickets at $40 in the Orchestra and it ended up being one of my favourites. Without knowing much about Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine, I completely fell in love with the music and moved by the story line. I hope that it transfers to the west end. (Turned into a bit of a fan girl when the earlier male lead, Ektor Rivera, retweeted by blog post).

Overall it was a joyous experience and when I think back I can’t help but smile. I’m saving again for my next trip and have got a list of shows I would like to see including Dear Evan Hansen!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You