News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DrVincento2

Member Name: DrVincento2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Mar 17 2011, 10:00:24 AM
I work on the production and I wanted to answer a few simple questions.

Programs will be available shortly. For those that have seen the show, you are aware of the immense space. To compile a just program, we have to include all of the incredible folks that put this show together. That number is currently in the hundreds so when have the most accurate list, they will be available at the show.

Currently, the masks are brand new for each show. In the future, depending on demand,

re: 9 to 5 at the Marquis
 Jul 25 2008, 11:10:36 AM
I was responding to an earlier message in this thread. 9 to 5 - Marquis...and WSS in the Palace. Ta-dah.
re: NEW Evita Tour
 Aug 19 2007, 06:06:11 PM
I believe the Eva is a young girl from Elon University. Just graduated.
re: Wedding Singer tour & AEA Flyer
 Aug 19 2007, 06:03:27 PM
This tour has been doomed from the start. Not only was the Broadway show a failure, it went straight to Non-Equity touring which isn't bad for non-eq, just for Equity which is already pulling from a small pool. On top of it, there were multiple open calls that seemed to be only slightly successful because as of a week before and a week into rehearsals, they are still casting. Now this picketing from AEA...lordy. Bless all that are with the tour.

re: Why is GREASE opening on a Sunday night?
 Aug 19 2007, 03:32:49 PM
Because it gives them time, after they read the reviews, to figure out what they are doing Tuesday night.

Wahka Wahka Wahka.....

But seriously...it's because they have an opening night party...duh. Mondays are dark.

re: The Ritz logo
 Aug 10 2007, 06:56:00 PM

re: What's next for all of these empty theaters?
 Jul 14 2007, 08:48:13 AM
I much prefer to trust the audiences that venture out to see no theater at all then those who take their lunch break to sit in the blazing sun and watch shows. Hmmmm.
re: What's next for the St. James now that YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is headed to
 Jul 14 2007, 08:05:55 AM
First off, if Broadway In Bryant Park was any indication of In The Heights success, they are in for a very nice run. When all three preceding shows were introduced, there was maybe a smattering of applause. When the host introduced In The Heights, the audience went crazy.

I think the off-bway show might have been more successful filling the seats if A) the theater wasn't in the middle of the worst part of mid-town and B) it wasn't on the edge of the earth aka 10th Avenue. Who wants to

re: What's next for the St. James now that YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is headed to
 Jul 14 2007, 08:05:54 AM

re: XANADU Reviews
 Jul 11 2007, 07:41:07 AM
They lost a big demographic from that Post review...the demographic being people that ride the subway in the morning. It's much easier to hold the post then the times...and much cheaper. Too bad. hahha
re: A Chorus Line - Sunday July 8th
 Jul 10 2007, 12:33:37 AM
House Management radios Stage Management which stops the show. So, basically, house managament was slow.
re: Grey Gardens - Friday, July 6th
 Jul 9 2007, 09:05:33 AM
For a Broadway show to have only one set (for the most part), it's tacky to have painted on wall paper (that's poorly done), seams in the set that are easily noticed, sight line issues with the staircase, a befuddled 2nd Act set design and just overall uninspired layout. Again, my opinion, doesn't necessarily consitute that it's the truth. I've seen way too many plays with the same style of a unit set.
re: A Chorus Line - Sunday July 8th
 Jul 9 2007, 08:58:51 AM
It was frightening down in the orchestra. I was doing standing room and I saw this commotion happen about five rows in front of me. People started yelling for ushers and of course it's during the loudest and busiest moments on stage. House management was really slow to get the sound cut off, lights up and things under control. The audience got to the point that they started yelling at the actors to stop which is why most of then turned white and looked horrified. Once they got the lights up, thi
re: Grey Gardens - Friday, July 6th
 Jul 9 2007, 08:55:08 AM
While I enjoyed the show, to be honest, there really isn't much to the plot. The entire first act is, for the most part, exposition (finding out about her husband, her friend, etc.) and then the entire 2nd act is just Ebersoles struggle to stay or go. Mind you, the acting across the board was excellent but they really had to be creative with the lackluster book.

And the set was awful. I was sitting in the front row and was very disappointed.

Grey Gardens - Friday, July 6th
 Jul 9 2007, 08:35:21 AM
Was anyone in the audience on Friday, July 6th when the cell phone went off ike a sound cue during Ebersoles ephiphany moment in Act II? Never been so mad in my life. She handled it well.
A Chorus Line - Sunday July 8th
 Jul 9 2007, 08:32:36 AM
Was anyone in the audience to witness, with me, the horrific moment when a woman passed out, audience members started screaming bloody murder at the ushers and then cast and the cast was left absolutely dumb-founded on stage? Most bizarre moment I've witnessed in theater in years.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You