News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HooferFrom42ndSt

Member Name: HooferFrom42ndSt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is your favorite Pulitzer Prize-winning play?  Nov 10 2014, 10:08:54 PM
A Chorus Line
Most Underrated Composer  Nov 10 2014, 10:06:46 PM
So glad someone said Cy Coleman. Sweet Charity seems like his only show that gets revived successfully. Little Me has had some revivals but does't hold up well. Looking forward to the first revival of On The Twentieth Century. How about another production of Barnum or City of Angels soon?
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/27/14  Apr 28 2014, 09:25:43 PM
^

I agree. I remember a lot of chatter about Mamma Mia on its way out and now it grossed over $800K last week. It will have a good summer.

Have you seen a show in every Broadway house?  Apr 14 2014, 05:54:58 PM
by now I think I have seen at least two different shows in every Broadway theater, even those with long running shows - the Majestic included. I saw a revival of The Most Happy Fella, Ballroom, and 42nd Street there before Phantom settled in.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14  Apr 14 2014, 05:42:38 PM
interesting that Sutton Foster isn't selling more tickets, she's won two Tony Awards and has been in more Broadway shows than Idina Menzel. I guess Sutton needs to do a Disney animated film.
directing 2 shows in 1 season  Apr 14 2014, 05:38:28 PM
Quite the accomplishment to win two Tonys in one year for directing a play and musical!
directing 2 shows in 1 season  Apr 14 2014, 05:08:45 PM
Susan Stroman did not direct or choreograph the revival of Kiss Me Kate. That was Michael Blakemore and Kathleen Marshall. However, I think Contact opened the same year as The Music Man.
directing 2 shows in 1 season  Apr 14 2014, 05:05:18 PM
Also, Bob Fosse directed Big Deal and the revival of Sweet Charity with Debbie Allen
directing 2 shows in 1 season  Apr 14 2014, 04:56:13 PM
I can only recall one other time that a director had two or more shows open on Broadway in the same season. The current season Susan Stroman had Big Fish and Bullets. Perhaps it would have been wiser to concentrate on one show a season and maybe the shows would have ended up being better. Hal Prince had three shows in one season, they all opened within a four month period. They were Roza, a revival of Cabaret, and Phantom. The first two did not fair too well and Phantom is - well Phantom. C
Favorite Musical Quotes  Mar 30 2014, 09:12:29 AM
"I'm older now than I ever intended to be" - Roxie, Chicago
HELP - Broadway songs about being excited / deliriously happy  Mar 24 2014, 04:50:57 PM
Definitely Sing Happy from Flora the Red Menace.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You