News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ShakinBaconGirl

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: ShakinBaconGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

IF/THEN  Dec 16 2014, 01:41:34 PM
If/then is alright. It's no great but it's not bad either. I didn't find the show challenging or even that thought provoking. But maybe that's just me.
Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE  Dec 16 2014, 01:34:22 PM
C'est magnifique!
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 16 2014, 08:07:31 AM
"Bacon just won't be satisfied until someone trashes the movie and then she call pull a "told ya so!"

Nah I don't think anyone will trash this film. It looks like an okay bag.

Cameron Mackintosh Confirms New Oliver! Movie...?  Dec 16 2014, 07:46:37 AM
Why even remake this? There have been so many Oliver films and the musical one was an academy award best picture winner. You aren't going to top it. Start working on a Miss Saigon film, Mac.
Hunchback needs A LOT of work if it's coming to Bday  Dec 16 2014, 07:43:37 AM
I think they should bring back the gargoyles and do them in the way the German production did it. Narrators suck. It wasn't even the gargoyles that were the problem in the film, it was the song they sung "a guy like you". The song has been axed so no problem here.

Personally I think doing hunchback as a minimalist passion play is BS. Disney just doesn't want to spend a lot of money on this. They are trying to save up for Frozen. hehe.

Hunchback needs A LOT of work if it's coming to Bday  Dec 16 2014, 01:38:37 AM
"Based on the already existing thread about this production, seems like you're in the minority in your opinion about the show."

Not really. If the show comes Broadway in the form it's in now..it's going to bomb...badly..

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 16 2014, 01:22:31 AM
"As much as I can't wait for this, I can't imagine reviews being overly positive"

Well yeah that's what tends to happen when a film gets mixed reactions. But apparently bringing that up is blasphemy on this site..Into The Woods is going to win Best Picture!

Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 15 2014, 07:21:45 AM
Another problem with Frozen is that the songs aren't really on the level of Beauty or Lion King or Poppins or even Mermaid. Besides "Let it go" it's a pretty lackluster score. They are going to have to add so many songs.
Lion King or Wicked?  Dec 14 2014, 10:16:04 PM
Side Show
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 09:36:04 PM
I did hear that and unless Frozen is Wicked 2.0......NOPE. For the record, I think Disney is entirely capable of getting Frozen to work on Broadway. They have had harder challenges. But I just fear they are going to slap it on Broadway as fast as they can.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 14 2014, 08:42:48 PM
Yeah, too bad the show is a mess. Streep should just play The Witch in the 2016 Into The Woods revival.
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 08:40:00 PM
Hopefully long. Disney sucks when they try to fast-track productions. I have a feeling this Frozen show is going to be rushed. I doubt they are going to take it out of town. The show doesn't lend itself to the stage all that well. Its not really a Broadway musical type of film.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 14 2014, 08:22:49 PM
That's funny cause I think Streep was rumored to play Norma in the original show also. Yes she would be great as Norma. Gosh I love the little change they made to Last Midnight nearing the end. Fantastic.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 14 2014, 08:15:23 PM
Someone get Streep in a Broadway musical.
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 08:07:08 PM
Hunchback isn't really a sure thing yet.
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 08:03:52 PM
It's cause they are ashamed of Little Mermaid and Tarzan. They would have made room if the shows ended up being hits. They even had time to announce Frozen was coming to Broadway. Just cause it made the most money out of any Disney animated musical, doesn't mean it lends itself nicely to the stage (which it doesn't in my opinion).Can you imagine if it bombs?

Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 07:24:17 PM
So are they just going to skip Aida?
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 07:07:33 PM
lol I was thinking the same thing. She kept singing off key in the interview. ugh
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 04:54:34 PM
Who is wetting, Jordan? I think it looks interesting but I certainly will not be voiding my bowels on Disney.
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC  Dec 14 2014, 04:43:33 PM
It sounds pretty interesting to me. Getting behind the scenes look at the creations of shows is what I live for.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You