News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for martianman2

Member Name: martianman2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Christine Dwyer in wicked
 Mar 21 2016, 12:05:01 PM
Christine said to someone at stage door that she is there for a week but doesnt know in what capacity depending when rachel/alyssa come back. Think both are sick.
Kara Lindsay in Wicked
 Dec 19 2015, 02:02:17 PM

Looks like Kara is leaving 31 Jan. Wouldnt be surprised if the 2 girls from the tour who have just finished came in as new lead and standby, with Alyssa Fox eventually succeeding Rachel. Though my money is on Rachel extending after June.

Next WICKED Cast
 Aug 13 2015, 08:50:30 AM

The latest rumour about Rachel T is linking her with Beautiful in London. Fact or fiction at the minute.

I was told the Last Ship is closing in January
 Dec 31 2014, 08:05:45 AM
If the running costs are as stated a few weeks back then Sting has pulled back around two thirds of the $1m or so they lost in the 10 weeks before he came. Tickets sales post 1/24 are low according to ticketmaster anyway. If you saw the WSJ café video last week he was more or less resigned to it closing and relying on word of mouth to keep it opened.
The Last Ship Cast Recording Omissions
 Dec 13 2014, 12:40:16 PM
Just seen iTunes listing and it does include Sail Away and Mrs Dees rant 22 Tracks
The Last Ship Lasting
 Nov 24 2014, 09:01:26 AM
Is this called rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic. The producers have also blamed a wrong marketing strategy of focusing on shipbuilding rather than a love story. Surely making a video that looked like a beer advert rather than clips form the actual show was questionable. I would question some of the marketing decisions for the show since the tryout.
The Last Ship Lasting
 Nov 10 2014, 08:59:45 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/sting-scrambles-save-broadway-ship-article-1.2005026

Publicity stunt or desperate measures.

The Last Ship Lasting
 Nov 9 2014, 11:14:24 AM
Not really surprised if its true.Plenty of discounts and discount codes around. Even the show themselves are promoting them. A rushed cast album and not great capacity. Even with all the PR in the last couple of weeks it still isn't selling. It's interesting they are pushing the love triangle angle not the shipbuilding side of the show. Mixed reviews and mixed word of mouth dont help either. It has a good cast but I found the show and score disappointing.
NYT
 Oct 30 2014, 03:31:58 PM
Not too sure about sales but friends went Tues night and some on Weds Upstairs was virtually empty . Everyone was moved to the front. There were tickets for opening night on sunday. I got one way up in the mezzanine.They were limited in number though and only put on sale on the saturday.
The Last Ship Previews
 Oct 6 2014, 03:39:46 PM
See the weekly gross is out. Being the first week we shouldnt need to read too much in it. But think the show and Mr Sting will be upping the publicity blitz.
The Last Ship Previews
 Oct 4 2014, 03:27:15 PM
Some of the music is Northumbrian folk sound not Irish. Northumbria is the area it is set. Sting regularly works with these traditional musicians Although it does sound similar it is fiddles and northumbrian pipes like bagpipes.
The Last Ship previews
 Sep 30 2014, 08:45:08 AM
This just seems to be a copy of the Chicago tryout thread. No improvement at all. How it can be classed as a masterpiece is laughable. My prediction of many months ago that this would be dull dreary repetitive and boring was spot on.

For those who were there do you miss the "action" on the bridge if you sit back of stalls. Never been to the Neil Simon. Has Aaron Lazar`s acting improved. He was very wooden in Chicago. Is the ending still a huge disappointment. Stage rising, smoke and scr

The Last Ship
 Mar 29 2014, 02:47:24 PM
There is no agenda. Just expressing my opinion on everything Ive seen, heard and read that is all. Yes they will do loads of publicity on this but I dont think it be successful. Time will tell if I am proved wrong.
The Last Ship
 Mar 29 2014, 11:28:39 AM
Cant understand the fuss about this. The songs and story are dull,dreary, repetitive and boring. His PBS concert didnt get me interested either.Supposedly cost $14m if you believe reports. Tickets sales in chicago are`nt brillant either. Even some Chicago critics say its got closure notice written all over it when he did promo. Dont think this will be a long runner.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You