Kara Lindsay in Wicked

ryandl15 Profile Photo
ryandl15
#1Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 1/22/15 at 8:17am

Does anyone know how long Kara Lindsay will be starring in Wicked? I want to plan to make a trip in April. Thanks!

girlonbroadway
#2Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 1/22/15 at 8:44am

Kara just joined in December, and Broadway Glindas usually have a 9 month contract, so she will (almost) definitely still be in the show.

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#2Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 1/22/15 at 8:56am

It has just been announced that she is doing a Broadway.com blog for eight weeks, so definitely that long. But yes, she will most likely be with the show through the summer at the very least.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#3Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 1/22/15 at 9:25am

Yup, usually 9 month contracts for that show.

ryandl15 Profile Photo
ryandl15
#4Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 1/22/15 at 9:40am

Thanks everyone for your input!

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#5Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/5/15 at 4:24pm

Now that she's been in the show for about a year does anyone know of when she'll be departing the production?

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

#6Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:18pm

Is it true that the leading ladies of Wicked each get $8,000 a week?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#7Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:34pm

Well it varies from person to person, but that does seem accurate that the two leads of one of the largest grossing shows on Broadway would be making a greater amount than equity's minimum. I would also think some of the ensemble member would be making more than minimum as well.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

neonlightsxo
#8Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/7/15 at 9:46am

ZellMorrowsPledge said: "Now that she's been in the show for about a year does anyone know of when she'll be departing the production?

"

The Wicked leads have 9 month contracts. When Caroline left and Rachel joined in September, I assume Kara extended for another 9 months to June 2016. You would have to ask her to be sure.

martianman2
#9Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/19/15 at 2:02pm

Looks like Kara is leaving 31 Jan. Wouldnt be surprised if the 2 girls from the tour who have just finished came in as new lead and standby, with Alyssa Fox eventually succeeding Rachel. Though my money is on Rachel extending after June.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#10Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/19/15 at 5:26pm

^Where did you hear that?

Updated On: 12/19/15 at 05:26 PM

Call_me_jorge
#11Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/19/15 at 6:37pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "^Where did you hear that?"

She tweeted it.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

neonlightsxo
#12Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/20/15 at 6:21pm

Didn't I see on twitter that Carrie St. Louis lives in LA? So I doubt that's what's happening. 

Call_me_jorge
#13Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/20/15 at 6:26pm

neonlightsxo said: "Didn't I see on twitter that Carrie St. Louis lives in LA? So I doubt that's what's happening. "

So... Jonah platt lives in California as well, but he's still in wicked. 

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#14Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/20/15 at 10:07pm

I believe Carrie mentioned something about spending the holidays in Cali with her family, then going to NY for her next job, about which she "couldn't be happier." I'd say that's a pretty heavy handed hint.

neonlightsxo
#15Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/21/15 at 9:05am

bwayrose7 said: "I believe Carrie mentioned something about spending the holidays in Cali with her family, then going to NY for her next job, about which she "couldn't be happier." I'd say that's a pretty heavy handed hint.

"

Ah, got it. Thanks!

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#16Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/21/15 at 9:56am

I believe Jan. 31 is the trigger for several changes including a new Glinda (Carrie St. Louis) and a new Elphaba standby in Alyssa Fox. Former Broadway Elphaba Christine Dwyer has been the temporary standby for a few weeks now and has said through social media that she'll be there still in January. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Call_me_jorge
#17Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/21/15 at 11:20am

I also wonder if we'll see a new nessarose. Hasn't Arielle been there for around a year?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#18Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/21/15 at 12:07pm

^ Yes. In December 2014, the cast welcomed Caroline Bowman as Elphaba (who left in September), Kara Lindsay as Glinda, along with Arielle Jacobs as Nessarose and Robin de Jesús as Boq. 

LarryD2
#19Kara Lindsay in Wicked
Posted: 12/21/15 at 12:22pm

The contract length is 9 months, but that doesn't mean that people won't extend. Wicked is a pretty sweet gig and a lot of people are happy to hold onto it for as long as they can.

Videos