News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for parkerjonesj

Member Name: parkerjonesj
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development
 Nov 22 2023, 07:49:36 AM

teddy1996 said: "i am beyond upset that they cut african homeland. it is literally one of the most beautiful and important songs in the whole musical. we could have had such an amazing sequence with great choreography plus halle and fantasia singing together. such a major missed opportunity."

If you've seen the stage version, I'm not sure African Homeland works in film version because it condenses a large amount of time into one song. It's also the only t

Apr 30 2023, 09:56:24 PM

BwayLB said: "^ But I thought Hudson left sorely to ready herself for Hairspray Live."

Hudson left in May, Hairspray was in December.  She announced her departure before the noms but the theory was that she knew she wouldn't be nominated and that the show was just using her.  - https://slate.com/human-interest/2016/05/jennifer-hudson-accused-the-color-purple-of-using-her-for-her-fame.html 

Apr 30 2023, 08:07:07 PM

ACL2006 said: "teddy1996 said: "taraji p henson said at cinemacon that she was actually approached to do the broadway show but she punked out. she wanted to do the movie because it’s a one and done deal."

Curious if they wanted her over Hudson or if they were looking to have her replace Hudson?
"

Tichina Arnold also auditioned for the role and didn't get it - you can find her audition online. I think they just wanted a big name

Mar 26 2023, 06:48:28 AM

Ke3 said: "fbueller said: "Gold909 said: "i do wonder this too… Celie is the perfect Oscar role. Cynthia’s path for an Oscar could be harder since she passed on The Color Purple"

Why did Cynthia pass? This is a he role of a lifetime!
"

She would've been up for Wicked around the same time casting was happening for this. She and Ariana have also been in London preparing for that film since spring of last year.

Dec 5 2022, 12:13:42 PM

This part I understand but they've also been doing test screenings since at least September which leads me to believe the promo might start a bit earlier than expected. 

Dec 5 2022, 11:05:08 AM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "If it’s coming out in December? No chance."

I don't know....there has to be a reason why they're going through post over a year a head of release. Maybe they're planning on premiering it at a festival in the spring. I've got a feeling that WB is really going to push this one. 

Nov 17 2022, 09:47:42 AM

Globefan said: "If Fantasia wins the Oscar, it'll be like the moment she won Idol."

Funny that you say that. If she wins it'll be like 2 months shy of exactly 20 years since she won. AND it'll be on the very same stage - the Kodak Theater. That would be a beautiful full circle moment. 

Be in studio audience for Alysia Reiner
 Jun 5 2014, 10:35:08 AM
Alysia Reiner, Off-Broadway star and actress in Netflix original series "Orange is the New Black" will be on the new daytime talk show "THE JUICE" next Thursday June 12, 2014. The show tapes in the NY/NJ area. If anyone is interested in being in the studio audience please visit veria.com/tickets

About The Juice: Come be part of the live studio audience THE JUICE. From meal makeovers to simple secrets to dropping a dress size and looking ten years younger, THE JUICE is a fun-filled ho

Time Out NY's TONY* Nominations
 Apr 28 2014, 03:23:27 PM
I think Fantasia deserves a nomination. Kd Lang, Vanessa Williams and Toni Braxton all failed to bring the magic and vocal brilliance Ms. Barrino brought to After Midnight. She deserves to be recognized (especially considering all of her replacements have 10+ years over her in the industry).
After Midnight Releases 3 LIVE Audio Tracks
 Apr 24 2014, 05:56:54 AM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/23/after-midnight-broadway-fantasia-listen/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
FEATURED ACTRESS
 Apr 12 2014, 06:00:18 PM
Adriane remained with the show because she wasn't the Special Guest Star. Before Fantasia left the show in February she said she wanted to stay on longer but because of the design of the show couldn't. And I wouldn't call her fair-weather as her absence from Broadway may have something to do with the lack of roles her people like her. Consider that Lachanze hasn't really been on Broadway since The Color Purple and Adriane Lenox since Chicago in 2007 (I could be wrong).
FEATURED ACTRESS
 Apr 12 2014, 09:48:19 AM
I think (and hope) Fantasia scores a nomination. She brought a magic to the show none of the other special guests stars did. Her rendition of Stormy Weather brought me to tears. I'm glad she's returning next month.
Best Actress, Musical -- the most competitive in Tony history?
 Mar 30 2014, 10:24:31 AM
I wouldn't be upset, if Fantasia made it into Featured Actress for After Midnight. It's also not a coincidence that she's returning during the voting period and will be there until Tony night.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You