News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RunningThatRoad

Member Name: RunningThatRoad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 18 2023, 02:23:12 PM

Looking at the network trace, it looks like QueueIt is misconfigured and is creating queues for the API calls that the webpage is doing to the back end to pull the dates.

And now when I refresh the page... the member presale button is gone. I'm guessing they've paused to fix the problem, but anyone else seeing this?

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 18 2023, 02:14:48 PM

For me when I click "Member Presale" it pops up a big blue "Loading..." box, and then you can see the main page reloading constantly in the background, and no dates ever load. Is that what's happening for you?

Jul 18 2023, 02:06:31 PM

I got in immediately, but the site is hanging when it tries to load the performance schedule. Ugh.

ETA: I'm on Safari on desktop, in case folks are interested.

The Public's THE VISITOR - Previews
 May 19 2022, 11:23:48 PM

Interestingly, I got Berkeley Rep's new season announcement, and it included this:

---

OUT OF CHARACTER
Written and performed by Ari’el Stachel | Directed by Tony Taccone
Peet’s Theatre | Starts Jun 2023

Tony Award winner Ari’el Stachel’s new solo show explores the intersections of race, mental health, and survival in a way that’s raw, authentic, and entertaining.

---

Given the description and titl

The Fever - The New Group
 Oct 20 2021, 12:42:45 PM

Agreed. The theme is interesting, if a bit facile, and there are one or two exciting parts of the monologue where the theme is sharpened, but most of the text is pretty directionless. There's a lot of the main character relating dreams or unconnected memories, and I think the actor has to really work to get you to care about those parts. Unfortunately, Taylor doesn't do that work; her delivery was pretty flat throughout and didn't find the emotional ups and downs of the piece, whi

By Heart at BAM
 Oct 12 2021, 10:17:59 PM
Just got back from By Heart at BAM, and I was captivated. Its sort of a one-man monologue on the nature of memory, text, poetry, and resistance, but during the performance, the actor/director/creator alsoteaches ten audience members to recite a Shakespearean sonnet together. I volunteered, which was more than a little nerve-wracking, but the show is thoughtful, funny, and deeply humane. There are only 6 performances due to some sort of logistical problem BAM had, but there are still tickets, and
Casting Question
 May 12 2021, 02:03:40 PM
There was an NYT article a few months ago about theater’s reopening in Australia in which a producer of “Come From Away” said they had added two standbys to make sure they were ready for an outbreak:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/27/theater/australia-theater-reopens-coronavirus.html

Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
 May 11 2021, 09:14:01 AM
Such exciting news!

Im currently on Ticketmaster for Hamilton tickets and finding that almost everything requires an unlock code. Does anyone know if there are generic codes to unlock these seats, or is they all personal codes given to previous ticket holders?

Thanks!

Actors Fund Ragtime
 Apr 15 2020, 02:42:16 PM

Just got an email saying that they are trying to reschedule for this fall and that we have the option to retain our seats, donate the money to the Actors Fund, or release the seats and get refunded. I'm going to retain my seats in the hopes that the concert does indeed happen!

A Strange Loop at Playwrights Horizons
 Mar 8 2020, 10:33:21 PM

Larry Owens tweeted today that there will be a "huge announcement" about Strange Loop tomorrow, but that he won't be continuing on because his "next TV and film projects conflict with upcoming production plans".

https://twitter.com/larryowenslive/status/1236678997385383936

It's still very hard for me to imagine that this will get a Broadway run. Perhaps a new extended off-Broadway run?

And without Owens in the mix, who could play that part? Alex Newell? Tituss Burgess?

Discount Codes
 Jan 10 2020, 02:33:17 PM

I just tried to use TOGAYTIX again, and it expired. Sorry.

Discount Codes
 Jan 10 2020, 02:29:30 PM

There's a $20 off code on TodayTix that they announced sort of as a joke in a twitter reply, but the code works. Not only that, but it seems you can use it for as many orders as you want (I've already used it for two different orders). There's no clear indication how long it'll last, so I'd use it now if there's something on TT you are looking at.

Code: TOGAYTIX

https://twitter.com/kevinddaly/status/1215701677359144960

The Inheritance - Previews
 Nov 9 2019, 11:23:09 AM

clever2 said: "
<snip>

Come to think of it....and please let me know if I’m misremembering this....isn’t Adam the only character who ever directly involvesthe audience?

<snip>
Are there any other moments like that in the play? From Adam or anyone? It seems very odd to have an actor essentially break character for two bits in one scene and another actor break character for one bit much much much later in the play. S

Tony Kushner's
 Sep 14 2019, 11:40:54 AM

I hope it does! Do keep in mind, though, (as I'm guessing you probably know) that shows at the National have very irregular schedules and sometimes take weeks off at a time in the middle of their runs.

Different shows with similar plots
 Aug 20 2019, 04:05:39 PM

Urinetown and Newsies have a lot of parallels.

An evil corporate overlord is oppressing a community of poor folks living in squalor, and when he cruelly raises the price of the basics they need to live, they rebel. The police, who are in the corporate overlord’s pocket, beat up the protestors at the end of Act I. The charismatic young leader of the resistance meets and falls for a young woman, who is later revealed to be the corporate overlord’s daughter,

Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
 Aug 15 2019, 08:56:29 AM

Am I allowed to brag just a little that I called it, or would that be gauche?

In any case, so excited to see Lois Smith in this role!

out of town try outs for the 2020 season
 Aug 11 2019, 12:56:45 AM
Swept Away at Berkeley Rep
Hercules at the public distribution
 Aug 8 2019, 11:11:02 AM
I’m a patron donor at the public, and they are only allowing two tickets max for my level of giving, even though I have four Shakespeare in the Park reserved seats left this season. They also seem to be hinting in their emails that I may not get any seats at all.

And to be clear, I’m not complaining; the public theater should be for the public! Just wanted to add another data point showing they are clearly very concerned about very high levels of demand.

Super Mario the Musical
 Aug 8 2019, 09:24:40 AM
This reminds me of one of my favorite odd little songs by the Mountain Goats & Kaki King, which is titled “Sorry Mario The Princess Is Another Castle”. It’s sung from the perspective of Toad, explaining the abject terror that he went through before Mario's arrival, and his inability to express it. It’s a perfect character song for a well known character IMO, reframing the little we know about him into a rich inner life. I could totally imagine it as a heartbroken soliloquy-type song for Toad after Mario leaves.

https://youtu.be/JZtDaba0Xm0

2019-2020 Broadway Season
 Aug 3 2019, 08:45:20 AM

ACL2006 said: "Did some research &I count eleven(11) theaters available for the Spring.

Beaumont

Booth

Cort

Hudson

Jacobs

Longacre

Lyceum

Nederlander

Neil Simon

Sondheim

Studio 54
"

I believe you might be missing Circle in the Square. Oklahoma is set to close in January, and there’s nothing announced yet to take its place. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You