News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for vpd1981

Member Name: vpd1981
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shoshana Bean covers  Sep 10 2014, 08:28:22 PM
I've always been a fan of her voice but this blew me away. If I could sound like that, I'd make any face necessary.
'Gypsy' remake will not be directed by Matthew Warchus.  Aug 9 2014, 11:19:01 PM
Streisand will direct and to make everyone happy, Sherri Shepard will play Rose.

Will it happen if we type it ALL IN CAPS?!?

'Gypsy' remake will not be directed by Matthew Warchus.  Aug 9 2014, 07:43:07 AM
The rules that people make up to justify their own ideas ... it's enjoyable.
'Gypsy' remake will not be directed by Matthew Warchus.  Aug 8 2014, 11:00:49 PM
I can't wait for it. I think it has the potential to be fantastic.

I'm reading a lot about Rose not being 75, etc. She also wasn't a black woman, yet a lot of the same people splitting hairs loved the idea of a black woman playing her. So, where's the line?

HOLLER IF YOU HEAR ME rush policy  Jul 19 2014, 12:06:18 PM
You mean they're not giving tickets away for free just to fill the seats for the final few shows?
Neil Patrick Harris spits water on a woman  Jul 14 2014, 06:53:00 PM
Maybe NPH considers this good acting? A technique? He's so "method" he needs to spit on people?
Holler If Ya Hear Me Closing  Jul 14 2014, 06:50:05 PM
Not surprised at all. The entire idea/concept was/is terrible; it really never should have happened in the first place. It never should have gotten past the workshop phase.

That being said, I'm sorry for the actors/crew. I know what it's like and it's a bummer.

'Gypsy' remake will not be directed by Matthew Warchus.  Jul 12 2014, 09:33:31 AM
Leslie Uggams, now that's someone who is too old for the role.
Cinderella (1965) receiving 50th Anniversary DVD 9/9/2014  Jul 8 2014, 10:31:10 PM
I wish they'd do this with Carol Burnett's "Once Upon a Mattress" television performance (not the most recent one where she played the Queen).
How'd they get that part?  Jul 8 2014, 07:57:52 PM
NPH in anything

Denzel in "Raisin in the Sun" (too old for the role)

Usher in "Chicago" (really?)

Loved Bernadette Peters in "Gypsy." Was really disappointed by Tammy Blanchard, though.

So does Neil just drop the accent when he sings?  Jul 8 2014, 07:52:02 PM
Or maybe he's just not so great?

Sorry, just my opinion ... I'm not a fan.

When is blind casting okay?  Jul 6 2014, 07:36:36 PM
This thread is hysterical!!!!

I have yet to see a white Leading Player in "Pippin." I've also yet to see a white Dorothy in "The Wiz."

Forget about a black or Asian or white Elphaba ... that bitch is always green.

No Michelle Williams  Jul 6 2014, 07:29:37 PM
I saw it last Sunday and thank God Michelle Williams was in. She is magnificent in the role; broke my heart and I'm still thinking about her and this production a week later.

I've seen "Cabaret" several times (Broadway and regional) and Williams is the best Sally I've ever seen. So, if you can go again, try to catch her in it. It's worth it. That's my two cents on the matter. :)

Michelle Williams leaving Cabaret  Jun 29 2014, 09:21:27 PM
I finally got to see it this afternoon. Before Michelle Williams leaves, be it August, November, January ... GO! She is nothing short of stunning. I can not get her performance out of my head. I mean, really fantastic!! :)
HOMOgenius Theatrics Presents ...  Jun 6 2014, 08:42:20 AM
My show! Shameless self promotion, I realize ... but, you know the name of the game. Friday the 13th (ooooooo) at the Gloria Maddox Theatre. "Night of 1,000 Depressing-Ass Ballads." :)

http://www.vincentdigeronimo.net/news.html

http://homogeniustheatrics.com/

Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival  May 10 2014, 06:05:47 PM
Sad on many levels. One level is I was really looking forward to seeing Lauren Ambrose in this role. THAT would have been good!
Leading male in a musical  May 7 2014, 08:30:55 AM
I'm really rooting for Andy or Jefferson. I find NPH to be mediocre in everything he does (a very unpopular opinion, I realize). There's something off-putting about him.

Really, I'd like to see anyone but NPH win. Let Audra win in that category for all I care! :P

The Kit Kat Boys  May 5 2014, 10:06:25 PM
It's like looking in a mirror ...

... you know, if I was hiding behind any one of these guys who was standing in front of a mirror.

"Violet" Seating  Apr 24 2014, 11:28:57 PM
How are the partial view seats in the stage right and left boxes? They're listed as partially obstructed; in some spaces and some productions it's not an issue at all, while others you're missing a whole ton.

Any info would be lovely! Thanks so much!! :)

Grad School Inquiries  Apr 18 2014, 04:03:27 PM
Thanks you! :) I'm reading up on the Educational Theatre in Colleges and Communities program; sounds quite interesting. Something else to consider!! :)

Tisch's program is for Musical Theatre Writers; though I'm a songwriter, I do not write musicals. :P

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You