News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Stephen75

Member Name: Stephen75
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 7 2024, 12:37:10 PM

Ooh, give us a hint...

Three Sisters at NYTW
 Sep 2 2022, 07:15:03 PM

Love the Mulligan suggestion, she's incredible on stage. Maybe Michelle Williams? She is pregnant but could want to return to the stage in something small. Carrie Coon has a relationship with NYTW already. It's high time Nina Arianda is back on stage. 

Or maybe it's Greta's muse Saoirse Ronan!

Roundabout 2022-2023 Broadway Season
 Aug 22 2022, 02:51:41 PM

My guess also included Bug (I did hear that a transfer was a possibility and given Lett's track record on Broadway recently it would make sense given that this is one of his more popular plays) but that show isn't a one act (nor was it presented as one at Steppenwolf) and the Chicago cast doesn't have any Tony winners in it. Unless it's recasting some parts like how Tatiana Maslany did Mary Page Marlowe off-Broadway in the part Carrie Coon had previously played. 

&

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions
 Aug 5 2022, 11:27:43 AM

What shows are Bobby Cannavale and Alia Shawkat going to be in?

What's next for the Jacobs
 Jun 24 2022, 05:30:06 PM

My guess is that the Jeffrey Richards show is a transfer of the Steppenwolf production of Bug. 

Michelle Williams Mary Jane
 May 11 2022, 09:05:20 AM

In a Variety profile yesterday, Michelle Williams said she was supposed to come back to Broadway in a production of Amy Herzog's Mary Jane before COVID happened. Did anyone know about this being in the works? I would love for it to somehow happen again although she is pregnant which makes it seem unlikely. I wonder how many other shows we'll never know about we lost to COVID. 

How I Learned To Drive
 Apr 23 2022, 08:21:22 PM

This was a stunning experience. You just get the feeling you are in the hands of absolute masters of their craft watching Parker, Morse, and Day act (that is no slight to Myers and Gold, who are good, just aren't given as much to do as the others.) There is nothing else to be said that hasn't been said already about Morse and Parker, it is truly acting of the highest order. But allow me to give a shoutout to Day, who has been so good for so long and who delivers an emotional gut-punch

OUR TOWN revival starring Dustin Hoffman; Bartlett Sher directs
 Mar 21 2022, 04:28:44 PM

Any other casting rumors? 

Cock play. Broadway transfer?
 Feb 20 2022, 10:41:37 AM

With Wendell Pierce and Sharon Clarke? 

West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
 Nov 20 2021, 12:09:41 PM

Can someone elaborate on what exactly going on during the Cabaret number? 

Nov 16 2021, 02:22:08 PM

Very interesting. Did you like the performances? Also, what is the “vibe” of the show, does it feel set in Weinmar? I cannot tell from any of the photos.

Nov 16 2021, 12:11:31 PM

Hi! Can you elaborate more on Jessie’s performance in general and specifically during the title number? Also, how is if staged? 

Major Playwright Premiere/Actor coming to BWay?
 Oct 9 2021, 02:58:38 PM
Charles McNulty posted on Twitter about hearing a major playwright will finally be having their Broadway premiere, with a major decorated actor coming on board. Any rumors/speculation/info on what it could be? Rob Weinert-Kendt followed up with info about Audra maybe doinf Ohio State Murders which would track.
Major Playwright Premiere/Actor coming to BWay?
 Oct 9 2021, 02:58:37 PM
Charles McNulty posted on Twitter about hearing a major playwright will finally be having their Broadway premiere, with a major decorated actor coming on board. Any rumors/speculation/info on what it could be? Rob Weinert-Kendt followed up with info about Audra maybe doinf Ohio State Murders which would track.
Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Aug 7 2021, 05:43:14 PM
Whoever said Beanie isn’t wrong. I was told this about a month ago.
Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Aug 7 2021, 02:17:20 PM
I’ll take Beanie any day over Platt. This still probably needs a A-lister to sell out, but Beanie does have Impeachment coming up which could really help catapult her like it did for Sarah Paulson and Sterling K Brown.
Sally Field in The Goat
 Aug 3 2021, 02:33:23 PM
So I did find an older thread about this same topic that was very interesting, but considering its from a long time ago I thought I would start a fresh one to see if anyone has any anecdotes about Fields stint in The Goat. Its one of those performances I wish I could go back in time and see and the reviews make it sound like a tour de force performance.

Thanks!

Almost Made Movie Musicals
 Jul 14 2021, 04:12:07 PM
Ive been dreamcasting a lot of dream movie musicals with a friend, and it got me wondering about movie musical adaptations that were in the works or in discussions but never got off the ground. For example, Michelle Williams doing a movie version of South Pacific for Michael Mayer. Play adaptations are also welcome!
Scott Rudin's MAME choice
 Jun 7 2021, 02:41:12 PM
This sounds pretty legit to me. Pfeiffer makes sense as someone in the lineage of Midler and Jackman, megastars who would be a huge get for a major classic musical revival.
2031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
 Jun 5 2021, 10:47:28 AM

Is that Andrews/Blanchett revival actually a thing or is that just a BWW dreamcast? I feel like I have been reading about that on here for years. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You