pixeltracker

2031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson

2031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson

binau Profile Photo
binau
#12031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 7:52am

After watching Cruella, I couldn't help but feel a 2031 revival of A Little Night Music with Emma Stone as Desiree and Emma Thompson as Armfeldt would be incredible. Thoughts? 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 6/4/21 at 07:52 AM

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#22031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 7:57am

I could see that combo. Emma Thompson would be a wonderful Madame Armfeldt.

But I want my Cate Blanchett/Julie Andrews revival now!

Alex Kulak2
#32031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 11:02am

2031? When did the world get in such a big damn hurry...

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#42031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 1:55pm

When we learned planning for the far future is easier than assuming it will always be business as usual. I believe it was last year that this came up...

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Theatrefanboy1
#52031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 1:59pm

Gorlois said: "I could see that combo. Emma Thompson would be a wonderful Madame Armfeldt.

But I want my Cate Blanchett/Julie Andrews revival now!
"

ME TOOOOOO (If only that Scott Rudin one was still in the works)

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#62031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 2:56pm

I’d rather we get Emma Thompson as Desiree now, but I guess they aren’t mutually exclusive since this imaginary revival would be happening in 10 years

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#72031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 4:29pm

You're not far off. Greta Gerwig has been working on a film version that is now being fast-tracked at Universal and is slated to shoot this fall. I'm told 3/5 of these deals are closed:

Cate Blanchett

Hugh Grant

Emma Stone (as Charlotte)

Oscar Isaac (as Count)

and

Julie Christie (Mme A)

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

april fools 2031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson but we can dream!

Updated On: 6/4/21 at 04:29 PM

BCfitasafiddle
#82031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 6:42pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "You're not far off. Greta Gerwig has been working on a film version that is now being fast-tracked at Universal and is slated to shootthis fall. I'm told3/5 of these deals are closed:

Cate Blanchett

Hugh Grant

Oscar Isaac (as Count)

and

Julie Christie (Mme A)

"

You, my friend, have put me through many emotions just now.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#92031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/4/21 at 7:56pm

If Emma hits Broadway then Bernadette has to play her mother.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Stephen75
#102031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/5/21 at 10:47am

Is that Andrews/Blanchett revival actually a thing or is that just a BWW dreamcast? I feel like I have been reading about that on here for years. 

Dolly80
#112031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/5/21 at 1:38pm

Emma Thompson would have made a fabulous Desiree.

Cate Blanchett and Julie Andrew’s I can TOTALLY get on board with. Wow that would be incredible.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#122031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/5/21 at 5:06pm

Stephen75 said: "Is that Andrews/Blanchett revival actually a thing or is that just a BWW dreamcast? I feel like I have been reading about that on here for years."

It is an unsubstantiated rumor that Scott Rudin wanted to do it with Blanchett and Andrews, but there is no confirmation that deals were in place or that the ladies were actually enthusiastic about doing it. (There were also rumors that he was planning a production around Audra.) As with anything on Broadway, there's a huge difference between "this is happening" vs "I want this to happen."

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#132031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/5/21 at 5:16pm

Also, even though Sondheim/Wheeler comment on the weirdness (and non-sexual nature) of Fredrik and Anne's relationship, I do think in 2021 you can't have a Fredrik who's in his late 50s or 60s. It's too much of an age gap for modern audiences to buy and he would be viewed as lecherous and unsympathetic...he needs to be late 30s/early 40s. Which means Desiree's either older than him, or she also has to be 40s. Len Cariou was 34 (playing a little older), Glynis Johns was 50.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#142031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson
Posted: 6/6/21 at 2:07pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "You're not far off. Greta Gerwig has been working on a film version that is now being fast-tracked at Universal and is slated to shootthis fall. I'm told3/5 of these deals are closed:

Cate Blanchett

Hugh Grant

Oscar Isaac (as Count)

and

Julie Christie (Mme A)

Damn I was totally buying this, especially the Stone and Christie!

Dan

Videos