News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for madela2

Member Name: madela2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17  Jul 16 2018, 06:32:03 PM

Ok, thanks. I'll connect with telecharge. I wasn't sure if this problem would still be in their hands since it deals with hard tickets.

Anyway, can't wait to see this production one last time!

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17  Jul 16 2018, 06:12:17 PM

I'm flying in for a quick Sat-Sun trip this weekend but I have a potential problem. I ordered my Dolly ticket on telecharge for BO pick up but now I can't remember if I picked it up last time I was in town and misplaced it or if it's still sitting there waiting for me. I am seeing the Sat matinee and will be heading in from the airport with not too much time to spare. 

Any ideas what I should do?

Jim Parsons tripped onstage today  May 17 2018, 09:32:51 PM

ArtMan said: "Madela2, Thanks for the info and pictures. That one picture of Jim Parsons is kinda oye."

Lol I get that feeling from a lot of stage door photos. Did you click through to the 5th picture on that link, though?

Tony Shalhoub  May 17 2018, 09:02:32 PM

Thanks for posting the insert! I was wondering what it says. Mine didn’t come with one on Sunday

Jim Parsons tripped onstage today  May 17 2018, 08:59:26 PM

ArtMan said: "Curious, since they announced Quinto's casting of Harold. (Since my trip was cancelled I will not be able to see this). Does Quinto portray Harold with a wig and/or make up since the character describes himself as "ugly and potmarked"?"

I'm very bad at figuring out when men are wearing wigs on stage, but I think this was a subtle wig? Not completely sure. The pock-markings seem to be put on with makeup but I didn't really notice them from the 3rd row. I was orch right and he was mostly seated facing the other way from my seat, though. When his dialogue mentioned the face markings I was actually a little confused because I hadn't noticed them. From some of the stage door photos it looks like he leaves them on after the matinees?

I'll try to link to some instagram posts that you can flip through.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi3HI2wDZra/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiaMd09HAd6/ (5th photo)

Jim Parsons tripped onstage today  May 12 2018, 05:08:36 PM

I was also there today. I was in the front and couldn’t see past the actors already standing so I wasn’t sure if he tripped on the step or what. I really hope he’s ok. It looked like he was in a lot of pain. It seemed like everyone else kind of bailed pretty quickly on the curtain call to go check on him. Or maybe it’s always that short idk. Anyway, best wishes to Jim today!!

Backpacks lately?  Apr 30 2018, 11:47:03 AM

dmwnc1959 said: "Great thread. I’m in the same situation for “The Band’s Visit” at the end of May where I’ll be coming from the airport and seeing the show before hotel check-in. I’ll also have a very small backpack as my overnight bag since I’m flying economy with no check-in luggage.

Maybe the OP can come back and also let us know if they have a coat check where I can leave my backpack. I’m sitting front row orchestra and r

Backpacks lately?  Apr 29 2018, 10:51:40 PM

Very encouraging responses!

I’m looking forward to traveling as light as possible so I don’t plan on having much in the bag anyway. Should be a breeze for security to search through.

Thanks, everyone!

Backpacks lately?  Apr 29 2018, 09:39:11 PM

I’ll be getting into town from the airport Saturday morning, hitting up 3 shows, and then heading home Sunday night. I’m planning on bringing a smallish backpack (very scrunchable under a seat) and no purse.

It seems that the info they send prior to shows lately have really discouraged backpacks more than before (or at least I’ve just been actually reading the emails lately). However, last weekend I did see someone at Three Tall Women with a backpack.

My specif

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17  Apr 28 2018, 10:32:21 AM

Anyone have insight into how annoying the aisle bar/rail is in Balcony A2?

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Apr 28 2018, 08:00:58 AM

Just reporting back after seeing the show last weekend. We had Dress Right A 10-12. View and legroom were great. I was hoping the renovations would have made way for a bit wider seats but sadly not. I had inquired a while back about the bar height on the ledge and can indeed confirm that it does not get in the way at all (and I am short). I liked the location for a lot of the spectacle that I won't spoil here but it is a large theater and I think if I went back I would try to ge

F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen  Mar 28 2018, 03:04:08 PM

I was just able to get Balc A 22 for $75 on July 21. I got a standby code at 1pm CT. I searched a variety of dates for about an hour on my desktop. So I guess there may still be hope for other singles? Good luck, everyone!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Mar 17 2018, 10:12:08 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "madela2 said: "CoffeeBreak said: "Anyone had seats in Row A of the Dress Circle?

Does the metal bar break up the view of the stage? Could you see above it?
"

I am also interested in DCrow A reports. I probably won’t fuss around with other tickets if it’s a bit in the way but would be nice to know what I’m in for. We have DCR A 10-12. Thanks!
"

I have very similar seats, but opp

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Mar 17 2018, 09:35:39 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "Anyone had seats in Row A of the Dress Circle?

Does the metal bar break up the view of the stage? Could you see above it?
"

I am also interested in DC row A reports. I probably won’t fuss around with other tickets if it’s a bit in the way but would be nice to know what I’m in for. We have DCR A 10-12. Thanks!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Oct 18 2017, 02:49:45 PM

I was on standby. Got a code at around 1:15pm(CT). Purchased Dress Circle Row A Seats 10-12 for April 21. Each was $378 before a bajillion dollars in Ticketmaster fees (added about $55 more total). 

Edit: by each I mean $378 for both shows so $189 per part. 

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 1 2017, 11:08:22 AM

Tried on the computer countless times. Went through on the first try when I tried on my phone. Confirmation page and email a minute later. 

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 22 2017, 03:05:18 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Generallyeven dollars, @madela2. I can't remember ever buying something for $43.78 for example... especially with the lower-priced items. Bring small bills."

Thank you!!

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 21 2017, 02:58:46 PM

Maybe dumb question...thanks in advance.

I’m planning on using cash. Are the transaction amounts even dollars usually or will I be getting a lot of coins/change back?

Very excited to see what the flea is like. We never go to NYC in September but we made it a priority this year. 

We are also seeing In & Of Itself matinee that day so hopefully that will leave us with plenty of time to browse. 

Puffs Off-Bway  Aug 20 2017, 06:26:45 PM

Anyone know how the view is from right and left mezzanine at Stage 5? I would imagine the seats closer to the stage are more obstructed. Are they movable chairs?

Anyone have any experience at either of these hotels?  Aug 17 2017, 08:10:50 PM

If you can hold off, I would suggest booking about 2 weeks out. In my experience, about a month before the prices can be at their highest. Or if you need to book now, make a cancellable reservation just in case you find something cheaper closer to the date. 

If you are traveling by yourself, I would also look into the citizenM.
When I visit I usually stay at the 44th St Intercontinental (you can easily find an IHG friends and family discount link) or the citizenM.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You