News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway kid 2

Member Name: Broadway kid 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony Award TV Ratings  Apr 30 2016, 07:23:44 PM

aaaaaa15 said: "Jay94 said: "I agree that people outside of New York and LA probably don't know or don't care about Hamilton. It might make a marginal difference but it's not like that many people have actually seen the show yet in the grand scheme of things."

I think you are underestimating the power of the internet with teenagers and other young people. There are youngsters all over the country who are obsessed with this show, whe

Will Shuffle Along Survive Without Audra?  Apr 30 2016, 06:57:15 PM

A Director said: "Audra is the STAR and the box office draw.  Can the show survive when she's gone for the summer?

"

New Broadway Book - The Secret Life of the American Musical: How Broadway Shows Are Built  Apr 28 2016, 07:51:14 AM
mamaleh said: "I'm reading it, too.  I'm familiar with much of what's in it, but it's also informative: for instance, I'd never heard the term "the noise."   Viertel has a felicitous writing stye, which makes for a breezy, fun read. 

When I first spied the cover, I immediately thought of the Walter Kerr marquee.  Not a coincidence, I think.

"

2017-2018 Touring Season  Apr 25 2016, 02:49:13 PM

asmith0307 said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Don't forget School of Rock."

Updated! (I thought I was missing a few)

"

Fierstein, Hudson Stars in HAIRSPRAY LIVE!  Apr 25 2016, 02:06:54 PM

Cupid Boy2 said: "bdn223 said: "Am I the only one who thinks Jennifer Hudson is too small and too young to be Motormouth Maybelle? Yes she can definitely sing the hell out of it, but she is suposed to be "BIG" Blonde and Beautiful.... Also I think she reads way too young for the role."

Her size won't be a problem. They can pad her.

"

What book/movie would make a great musical?  Apr 24 2016, 09:48:24 PM

WAITRESS Reviews  Apr 24 2016, 09:46:42 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Peter Marks, Washington Post. Some quibbles but positive: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/04/24/ingredients-of-waitress-sara-bareilles-show-tunes-and-syrup/

"

Will Something Rotten change theaters?  Apr 22 2016, 11:45:17 AM

Broadway in Las Vegas  Apr 22 2016, 11:14:13 AM

Dallas Theatre Fan said: "I remember in the mid-2000's many shows like Hairspray, Avenue Q, Spamalot, Mamma Mia, and The Phantom of the Opera opened ninety minute intermission less shows in Las Vegas.  Most of them failed miserably and closed up quickly.  I was wondering why producers felt the need to open in Las Vegas and if any of you actually liked the shows you saw. 

"

Prince RIP  Apr 21 2016, 02:16:22 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Wow. I had to google it to make sure it was real. So sad.

"

AMERICAN PSYCHO Reviews  Apr 21 2016, 12:45:30 PM

Waitress the Musical: From Boston to Broadway  Apr 17 2016, 12:27:00 PM

standingovation79 said: "It's a much abridged different version, but yes...the full song was moved to the end.

"

Disney's  Apr 17 2016, 12:19:56 PM

Mr Roxy said: "It  would have to be better starting with the score. 

Did not think TLK score was great. Like the show, it was overrated. Jungle wins on score alone plus the show sounds more appealing.

"

Cirque does Broadway: PARAMOUR Previews  Apr 17 2016, 10:42:06 AM

Smaxie said: ""gimic"?  

"

Riedel talks up SpongeBob  Apr 13 2016, 08:42:48 AM

Different Drum said: "Yet another example of the destructive impact that Hollywood is having on Broadway. 

"

Daniel Radcliffe Will Return to the Stage This Summer in PRIVACY at The Public Theater!  Apr 12 2016, 11:34:20 PM

willep said: "I've seen him in Equus, Inishmaan and How to Succeed and I think he is quite good on stage.

"

Would Hamilton consider moving to a bigger theater?  Apr 12 2016, 11:32:59 PM

Dave13 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "^the lion king? Or is the minskoff smaller than the new Amsterdam? 

"

New Amsterdame is slightly larger at 1702 compared to Minskoff at 1621.  

"

Conducting without sheet music  Apr 12 2016, 04:25:40 PM

nolanativeny said: "I heard of a ballet orchestra conductor who hasn't conducted the Nutcracker with the score in something like 20 years since he's done it so many times. I once saw a performance of Stravinsky's Firebird suite where I got to sit in a balcony behind the stage and watch the conductor, a fiery Taiwanese woman, conduct without the score. One of the most exciting concerts I have ever attended. 

"

I knowdiced tha

Drowsy Chaperone Revival?  Apr 10 2016, 11:56:26 PM

StumblingAlong said: "Eh, Idk, last musical I saw Jim Parsons in was "Elf: Buddy's musical adventure"

Remember how bad that was?

If he can redeem himself, sure.

I don't think he can redeem himself 

"

Sweeney Todd: throats slit; cast hospitalised.  Apr 7 2016, 11:11:20 AM

sarahb22 said: "CATSNYrevival said: "If the blade was wrapped in duct tape and cellophane what exactly was the point of using a real blade in the first place? 

I was surprised they used a real blade too - and in a high school production, yet.  Even if you're super careful, that's a naked razor blade you've got there.  Just get a prop and then you don't have to worry about it.

"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You