News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayaddict

bwayaddict Profile Photo
Member Name: bwayaddict
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Married, mother of six, nine grandchildren, love theater - doing and watching,especially broadway(my passion right now) Work as a teaching assistant in special education at the high school level.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE Closing Weekend Details Here
 Jun 29 2008, 04:19:10 PM
I too am very glad that I got to see this amazing production. My husband and I saw it back in January right after it started in previews. I was somewhat familiar with the music but I actually watched the DVD of the original production just so I would be more familiar with the show. I'm glad I did because there is so much to take in and only being able to see it once on Broadway, I wanted to be more aware of the experience. Also, last night I was priveledged to see a concert by Mandy Patakin. He
re: Hotel recommendations needed
 May 21 2007, 10:37:42 PM
Another suggestion is to book a concellable reservation and then try priceline. That's what I always do and I have had great luck with priceline and hotels. You don't need a 3 or 4 star. Now that room prices have gone up I usually put in for a 2 or 2.5 star in the east or south and almost always get something for around $100 a night and that's for two people. Have never had a bad experience!
re: Dessa Rose
 Apr 15 2007, 09:41:32 AM
So glad I read this thread. I saw Dessa Rose a year ago with a TDF ticket and I took this picture afterward at a talk-back at Lincoln Center. I loved the show and thought both actresses were phenomenal. I was especially surprized by Rachael York! I bought the CD at the Broadway Flea Market in September for $15 and it was still in it's package until this AM. I am now excited to listen to the cast recording to bring back the memories of the show.

re: INHERIT THE WIND - First Preview - March 19, 2007
 Mar 20 2007, 12:02:57 AM
Great review! I ordered my tickets yesterday for on-stage seating the first week in April! Can't wait.
re: Looking Forward to The Flea Market
 Sep 16 2006, 04:09:09 PM
I'm very excited that I'm going this year. I will definitely be looking for you Mr. Roxy. Not sure what I am wearing yet. I do wish BWWer's had a way to identify each other. Well, at least I think I do. lol This is my first time at the flea market so I will need some direction from people who know the procedure.
re: Brian Charles Rooney in 'Warrior' for the NYMF
 Sep 13 2006, 10:27:20 PM
Am glad that I also have my ticket!
re: Wicked or Spelling Bee in Chicago?
 Jul 3 2006, 10:16:20 PM
Wicked is pretty much sold out so unless you win the lottery you won't be able to see Wicked. I tried to win the Wicked lottery for the Saturday afternoon show but no luck so I then did the Spelling Bee lottery for the evening show and everyone who entered won tickets. So Spelling Bee lottery is much easier and the show is great.
re: MAME in DC June 10, 2006...2 Weeks Later!
 Jun 10 2006, 11:57:37 PM
Glad to hear this Miss Penny. Can't wait to see it in DC!
re: ACL'S Alisan Porter On E! Now
 Jun 3 2006, 05:32:28 PM
Was just watching this by accident. Thought it was very interesting but I did not know the connection to Broadway until the end of the story. Very neat that her mother played the very same part. What song does her character get to sing in ACL?
re: NINE Was Gorgeous.
 May 3 2006, 10:39:10 PM
Also loved it! Great seats and one of my favorite theater experiences. Loved Antonio and Chita and felt priviledged to get to see it.
whiners get shiners in the theater!
 Apr 9 2006, 10:57:04 PM
Well,I was at Spelling Bee last night and experienced the famous wave. When it happened I was a little embarrased because it was not usual theater activity. Luckily (or I wouldn't be admitting it on this thread) I did not participate. It was definitely a teenage group that started it but there were other people who got caught up in the moment. Thankfully it died out pretty quickly. After the show I met Liotte and she mentioned to watch for her "wave rant" on the board tomorrow. I couldn't believ
re: Goodbye to Rabbit Hole
 Apr 9 2006, 08:49:49 PM
Can't believe this is closing. Just got back from my nine day trip to NYC. Rabbit Hole was second show I saw and I loved it. I cried through most of it as did other people around me. Having lost a child to an accident myself this play was absolutely right on with all the feelings that a family goes through after a tragedy like that and they did it with a lot of humor also. I also met Cynthia Nixon and Tyne Daly afterward and had them sign the recipe book that I bought at the show. Tyne Daly comm
re: WELL Reviews
 Mar 31 2006, 05:37:14 AM
Just bought tickets on TDF for Wednesday afternoon because of these reviews. So glad I read them. Leave for NY today.
re: The Color Purple
 Mar 29 2006, 10:38:03 PM
Seeing The Color Purple on Saturday night. Very excited. I've seen LaChanze now in Baby at Papermill, Dessa Rose and can't wait to see her this weekend. There was a meet and greet at Lincoln Center that I went to last year. She was very gracious and friendly, an extra special performer.
re: Today's Birthdays 3/22 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. SONDHEIM
 Mar 22 2006, 11:07:59 AM
So happy to share my birthday with two such talented gentlemen.
re: Favorite Sondheim Song?
 Mar 16 2006, 10:33:40 AM
I love so many but Children will Listen is one of my favorites because I'm a parent.
re: So... who's excited for Tarzan?
 Mar 16 2006, 08:46:21 AM
I am excited about seeing this on my trip to NY. I was even more excited to see that Margo had it on the list of things he was looking forward to seeing and hopefully that means it will be good. Last year I saw Chitty Chitty and I enjoyed that even though it didn't get raves.
re: 50 Years ago tonight: March 15, 1956
 Mar 15 2006, 09:01:54 AM
Frontrow - Thanks for the info - I have tickets for Broadway by the Year 1956 on April 3 and hopefully selections from My Fair Lady will be part of the evening. Can't wait till I'm in NYC!
re: Rebroadcast of John Tartaglia's interview
 Jul 27 2005, 08:47:24 PM
Filmgirl, In the original thread about this interview a poster, Alix7272, said that they had recorded it and to pm them if you wanted it sent to you. Maybe he still has it on his computer. You could give it a try.
re: Ave Q reduced??
 Jul 26 2005, 11:47:39 AM
Thanks ,Whitless, for your response. It is great to hear this news from the source and know people like you are willing to respond to our inquiries. By the way, love the shirt in your avatar! Have you been involved in the rehearsals going on right now.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You