News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Duo

Duo Profile Photo
Member Name: Duo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Top Three Most Acomplished Actors of 2004
 Nov 7 2004, 09:44:05 AM
HUGH JACKMAN

re: Is Dracula worth seeing?
 Oct 14 2004, 05:15:51 PM
No. I didn't buy Hewitt as Dracula. At the end, I and most of the audience stayed seated. The lyrics were asinine and the music dreary. Only saving grace - it was beautifully sung by a game cast.
re: What was the first musical you saw?
 Oct 12 2004, 05:34:31 PM
"1776" with, then understudy, John Cullum as John Adams. The first play I saw was "Jimmy Shine" with Dustin Hoffman.
re: how many..
 Oct 12 2004, 05:17:19 PM
around 130 or so
re: Who Else Misses.....
 Oct 10 2004, 07:36:36 PM
Miss him terribly. He was a great ambassador for Broadway. I persuaded at least 7 people who haven't seen a Broadway show in years to see him in BFO and now they want to come back for more.
re: What Do You Think Is The MOST DEMANDING Role in Musical Theater?
 Oct 9 2004, 03:06:09 PM
Peter Allen role in BFO was definitely one of the most demanding roles I've seen. Hugh Jackman was amazing and indefatigable in the part. I had the privilege of seeing him early in the run and also the last show. On stage, his energy level from the opening song to the final notes of "Rio" was awe-inspiring; at the stage door after the show, you could see exhaustion written all over his face. I don't know how he was able to do the role with such consistent brilliance.
re: Who Is The One Person You Would Give Anything to Work With?
 Oct 9 2004, 01:31:54 PM
Vanessa Redgrave
Hugh Jackman
Trevor Nunn
Fosse

re: A Very Sad Comment On The State Of Broadway Shows
 Jun 13 2004, 12:29:30 AM
I had a bad encounter with a teller at the BFO box office. I had already bought 2 tickets for $202 and was trying to decide about a third ticket when this balding, mustached jerk had the nerve to tell me to hurry it up, that he wanted to take care of the others on line. I was astonished - I had only been there a few moments. The guy was rude from the outset and had a very nasty manner throughout. I don't know what his problem was - but he chose to take out his ill humor on me and I didn't like i
re: Hugh Jackman's Sex Appeal - sorry, don't get it -- uh, uh
 Jun 12 2004, 03:40:35 PM
Hugh Jackman is the sexiest thing I've ever seen on a Broadway stage period.
re: Two weeks until Tonys...Performances announced???
 May 24 2004, 12:30:06 AM
The host for SIRIUS Broadway's Best channel this afternoon said that the opening number for the Tonys will be Jackman singing "One Night Only." He claimed this was "99% accurate" according to his sources.

re: Hugh Jackman TV interviews
 May 16 2004, 05:29:14 PM
I agree. Jackman would much rather do theatre than movies. I just saw him on NY1 On Stage and he called working in the theatre "an act of love." He said he didn't mind all the fuss leading into the award season because it gave theatre much needed exposure. He called affairs like the Tony Luncheon "a celebration" and was happy to attend.
re: Pia Zadora and the Golden Globes, meet Hugh Jackman and the Tonys
 May 10 2004, 11:42:07 PM
IMHO, the nominations were well deserved. Except for the Book one, that surprised me. I love the show but even I can't say it has a book worthy of Peter Allen's life and Hugh Jackman's talent.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You