Who Else Misses.....

lelemaple2
#0Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 5:56pm

Hugh Jackman? It's been a full month since the last performance of TBFO, and I miss all the hoopla and the talent that he exudes...he'll be back someday, I'm sure, but I really miss him and his presence...anyone else agree?

Hugh's birthday is on the 12th, so I hope that he has a fabulous day! Updated On: 10/10/04 at 05:56 PM

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#1re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 5:59pm

Me. I just saw him on X-Men this morning and I damn near shed a tear!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

Duo Profile Photo
Duo
#2re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 7:36pm

Miss him terribly. He was a great ambassador for Broadway. I persuaded at least 7 people who haven't seen a Broadway show in years to see him in BFO and now they want to come back for more.

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#3re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 7:39pm

Can't say I miss him though I did enjoy seeing him from the 2nd row. He was adorable.

I miss Kristin CHENOWETH.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

jo
#4re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 7:45pm

While I think he's great onstage ( I saw him in both OKLAHOMA! and THE BOY FROM OZ) and would like to see him back on Broadway or the West End someday, I would like to see him do a few good movies in the near future. I think we haven't really seen his potential as a fine actor on the silver screen. Hopefully, he will have the chance to handle some very challenging roles soon.

Onstage - if not a new musical, maybe some serious acting stuff onstage. Maybe even some Shakespeare. Non-musical theatre is what he had trained for, and we may be missing on another aspect of his thespian skills.

He's due to start filming on a Darren Aronofsky movie called THE FOUNTAIN.

And Birthday Wishes to him, too!

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#5re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 8:13pm

I miss him. Just knowing that he was there, on Broadway, and bringing in new faces and people to Broadway...and now, emptiness. I also miss that there seemed to be at least one performer, whom everyone agreed was talented and deserved a Tony, for the most part.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#6re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 8:15pm

I miss Brain Stokes Mitchell more. re: Who Else Misses.....

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#7re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 8:16pm

Oh man and he's looking at me right now.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Chrysanthemum62001
#8re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 8:18pm

Well, since everyone is getting off topic, I miss Raul Esparza! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
Yeah, yeah, yeah-I miss Hugh Jackman too!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

#9re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 9:25pm

The question is who doesn't? How could we not? He's soooo adorable!

But I miss BERNADETTE!!!! (since we're all adding tidbits of other people we miss)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#10re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/10/04 at 10:05pm

I have to watch Kate and Leopold soon. Wouldn't that be so romantic??? If you watched the movie, you would know what I am talking about:

A little candlelight dinner on the roof of your apartment with a violinist in the background, you two dancing the waltz, lol.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

#11re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/15/04 at 7:28pm

millie, i fell in love with him through Kate & Leopold

jo
#12re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/15/04 at 8:51pm

As he never broke character in BICOASTAL in The Boy From Oz, he never offered anybody the chance to dance the waltz with him ( I did get to dance in that infamous portion of the show, but it was the shimmy and rock-and-grind stuff). How I wished it were a few moments out of KATE AND LEOPOLD re: Who Else Misses.....

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#13re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/15/04 at 8:53pm

*SIGH* Yes, I wouldn't mind having a bit of Hugh again re: Who Else Misses.....

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

jo
#14re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/16/04 at 8:31pm

I understand there was some news on NYC Channel One that Hugh will be performing in Las Vegas in the spring of 2005.

In the meantime, check this out as to where he is spending his post-OZ break :

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11091604%255E903,00.html

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#15re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/16/04 at 8:38pm

How about Hugh Jackman as Dracula? He singlehandedly saved BFO ( we enjoyed it ). Imagine Dracula in a hawaiian shirt

Poster Emeritus

Plum
#16re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/16/04 at 8:42pm

Or just without a shirt.

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
sndtrklvr
#17re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/16/04 at 9:11pm

I often imagine hugh without a shirt. and other pieces of clothing.

So my dear you think you can get to Broadway. Well, let me tell you something. Broadway has no room for people like you. Not the Broadway I know. My Broadway takes people like you and eats them up and spits them out. My Broadway is the Broadway of Merman, and Martin, and Fontaine, and if you think you can build yourself up by knocking other people down... ...GOOD LUCK... Seinfeld

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#18re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/16/04 at 9:41pm

"Or just without a shirt..."

Who said Dracula needed clothes? Just Hugh and a cape...

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Caravaggio Profile Photo
Caravaggio
#19re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/16/04 at 11:19pm

Just go to Show World. You'll see the same thing.

I'm happy as long as there are brownies in the green room.

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#20re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/17/04 at 9:20am

Hopefully all our favs will come back to Broadway, Hugh Jackman, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Patrick Wilson etc.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

HotTicket Profile Photo
HotTicket
#21re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/17/04 at 11:16am

My favorite memories of 2003/2004 involved seeing Hugh Jackman.
I miss him like crazy.

#22re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/17/04 at 11:28am

" . . . and on Thursday he and some mates were even playing rugby on the beach . . . he stripped down to brief black cossies to shower after a swim at the beach . . ."

I'm not sure I would have lived through seeing either of these two events re: Who Else Misses.....

lelemaple2
#23re: Who Else Misses.....
Posted: 10/17/04 at 1:21pm

I saw that article too....this man has to come back to Broadway in the next few years....let's hope.....

Videos