News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for I'm a starkid

Member Name: I'm a starkid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Crucible Rush?  Jul 1 2016, 05:26:03 PM

I rushed sunday (26th I think?) and got there 20 minutes before show started and got a row A mezzanine ticket. The three immediate rows behind me were mostly empty, so I asked the usher before the show started if I could move into row C to be more center, which she gladly let me do. My friend also rushed about 2 weeks ago for a wednesday matinee and got a ticket 5 mins before the show was scheduled to start. The woman in the box office told me there had been a lot of rush tickets availab

Starting on Time  Nov 6 2014, 01:43:51 PM
I'm not even a performer, but I still think it's extremely disrespectful to come into a show late. The house usually opens 30 minutes before curtain up, I usually aim to be there at least 20 minutes early. There's usually a line to get into the theatre, and then if you still have time I like to use the bathroom, admire the theatre and stage, and read the playbill. It's a simple courtesy to the performers and technicians who are working to give you a couple hours of entertainment. I find it very
Musicals that Make Subtle Tributes to Other Musicals  Nov 4 2014, 10:25:03 AM
Shrek's nod to Wicked's Defying gravity that Lord Farquad does at the end of Thing are looking up here in Duloc is great! I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to look it up on youtube.
FAVORITE TOURED SHOW!  Nov 4 2014, 10:22:13 AM
I've only seen one, but I loved it! It was Billy Elliot the last stop in the U.S. before it went to Brazil, and I am still in love with the music and the story. I found everyone in the cast (with the sad exception of the Ms. Wilkinson) to be great!
3 shows. Pick me  Nov 4 2014, 10:20:30 AM
I saw Curious Incident in the West End, but I assume it hasn't changed that much on it's transfer, and I thought it was the best play I had ever seen.
Theater Accessibility and Deaf Patrons  Nov 2 2014, 03:59:46 PM
This isn't broadway, but in the West End the first time I saw Wicked it was interpreted.
First Listen: Josh Kaufman in PIPPIN  Oct 28 2014, 12:04:46 PM
I seem to be pretty alone in my opinion and I'm no expert, but I really liked his voice!
Should I give Wicked a second chance?  Oct 24 2014, 02:43:06 AM
Personally Wicked is one of my favorites (cliche I know), but if you really found it boring I would go with something else. Unless you felt that it was only boring because of that cast. If that was a case, I would give it another chance!

Better Valjean understudy  Oct 21 2014, 10:22:58 AM
I haven't seen Ramin so I don't know how they compare, but I liked Aaron Walpole as Jean Valjean. He acted the part just right and his Bring Him Home was beautiful
Your thoughts about The Addams Family  Sep 28 2014, 01:29:39 PM
I guess I'm in the minority who rather enjoyed it. I saw the original cast though, and I love Krysta Rodriguez as Wednesday and thought everyone was rather well suited for their parts. I really like Crazier Than You and Pulled, can't say Full Disclosure was that great though. Overall I found it enjoyable and funny.
Favorite Same-Sex Duets  Sep 24 2014, 05:18:25 AM
Both Sides of the Coin (Edwin Drood)
For Good (Wicked)
I'll Cover You and Take me or Leave Me (Rent)

Hardest Roles  Sep 24 2014, 05:15:30 AM
When I saw Macbeth on Broadway I was shocked at the amount of time Macbeth spends on stage and what a mental/emotional transformation he goes through, I would say Macbeth as one.
Also:
Billy (Billy Elliot)
Christine (Phantom of the Opera, voice wise)
Pippin (Pippin)
Not necessarily a role, but the ensembles from Pippin and Newsies
Hedwig
Bess (Porgy and Bess)
Christopher (The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime)
Although I have never seen it I imagine

BC/EFA Broadway Flea Market and Grand Auction 2014  Sep 21 2014, 02:47:22 PM
Gotta love those Newsies! :) Anyone see any of the tour newsies there?
Dear Barry & Fran Weissler,  Sep 19 2014, 09:44:35 AM
It seems strange to do stunt casting for Pippin, but I guess we can't judge until he starts performances. And for the people saying he doesn't look right for the part, I'm sure he will shave his beard and they will give him a youthful looking haircut or something. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
Billy Elliot the Musical Live  Sep 19 2014, 09:41:12 AM
As far as I know Billy Elliot is not closing anytime soon in the West End, I think it's doing quite well actually and still going strong.

I'm very excited for it personally, and hoping I get to go see it. If not then a dvd release! On the topic of live screenings, does anyone know if the Nance got a dvd release?

Seeing Pippin... have some questions  Sep 15 2014, 05:15:25 PM
The show itself it amazing! I don't know how much it's changed because when I saw it Patina and Matthew were still in it, but I got front row rush tickets and the energy on the stage was outstanding, the ensemble is amazing! Look out for Orion Griffiths:)
Cellphones in theater  Sep 9 2014, 03:10:42 PM
I find in general it's a good idea to turn off the phone a few minutes before the show starts, and if you can't sit for a few minutes then read the playbill and look around and appreciate the theater and set.
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Sep 6 2014, 10:01:52 AM
Victoria Clark is the best with fanmail! She sent me back a signed playbill of Cinderella with the whole original cast and a personal message from her inside, and she lost the return address envelope I sent, so looked me up online and saw I play high school sports and sent it to my high school! It was really sweet!

I also have gotten things back from:

-Nicholas Barasch (Edwin Drood)
-Macacco (Stephanie J. Block's dog, from Edwin Drood. Weird story)
-Laura Osnes (Cinder

Curious Incident of the Dog...Discount Code  Sep 5 2014, 06:29:54 PM
I just want to say I recently saw this show in the West End and it is a must see! I encourage everyone to go see it, with or without a discount!
Newsies National Tour Cast first look.  Sep 4 2014, 09:04:14 AM
It looks like Ben Cook is there too, and I know he is definitely in the tour.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You