News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bwaydreamer3

Bwaydreamer3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Bwaydreamer3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Our Dear Dead Drug Lord  Oct 24 2019, 10:25:05 AM

I saw the show mid October and honestly I thought the playwriting was so messy. I thought all the girls did the best they could with the material given but the play itself was all over the place. The show lightly touches on a vast array of heavy topics, all that could've been explored in separate stories because there's just so much to them.With everything mashed together it just felt like a play trying to be topical and check ing all the boxes off. I saw the warning for sexual v

The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 13 2019, 05:57:41 PM
Of course the show isn't for all gay men. Sorry that that was misunderstood. A better phrase would have been dedicated to. I saw this show as a dedication to all gay men who lost there's lives and those who continue to live. Its a reminder that their stories aren't over.
The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 13 2019, 02:28:42 PM

Those of you who have read what I wrote can you please tell me if i said something wrong??? If so I will gladly apologize. My intent was never to hurt anyone. But I never said that what I was saying was fact I gave my opinion of a show that I saw. If you dont agree with that then that is fine. Im sorry you had to go throught that. I could never imagine what that was like, but hating on a show that is trying to honor these mens legacy will not help anyone. If it bothers you so much that people

The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 13 2019, 02:04:57 PM
I edited my previous message but i will post this here too
clever2 I see you already have your own strong opinions about the show. Thats fine. But please dont try to "call out" everyone else, including me, just bc our opinions dont match... Thanks

The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 13 2019, 01:59:14 PM

clever2 said: "Bwaydreamer3 said: "This show is for all the gay men who died due to the AIDS epidemic and those who continue to live. Its so much bigger than all of us and it screams for all of our humanities. I am so thankful for having the opportunity to see this! And if you haven't or are undecided, my advice is to see it any way. "

Can you explain to me how you’ve come to the conclusion that this play is for ALLgay men who died due to the A

The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 13 2019, 01:17:12 PM
I saw both parts yesterday after reading the full play months ago. I was awestruck after reading it. And after seeing Part 1 yesterday I can truly understand and appreciate the importance of this show. As much as I love it, it isn't "my" story. But it absolutley moved me by seeing people (who it was there story) being fully impacted by it. People throughout the theatre were sobbing and to all of you, know that I am giving you the biggest hugs. This is why it is so important for all stories to be
The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 8 2019, 12:41:51 PM

Has anyone sat in the rear balcony for this show yet? Or the balcony in general? I am seated in the last row of the rear balcony, however most of the seat in the front rear balcony are still available. Anyone think the ushers would mind if I ask to move forward a few rows? 

Inheritance Rush Predictions?  Oct 5 2019, 07:44:24 AM

anyone rush this past week?

The Inheritance - Previews  Sep 29 2019, 05:10:58 PM

BJR said: 

Also, though, I reluctantly felt like it's yet another upper middle class white boy gay play. There are actors of color, but they're all the small parts. The central characters are three very pretty white boys, and a couple older white men. And while the characters may be middle class or even poor sometimes, every scene takes place in wealthy spaces. And if someone lacks for money, there's always luck or a very wealthy person there to provide. It ack

The Inheritance - Previews  Sep 25 2019, 11:07:19 AM

Owen22 said: "Well, I hope it's been rewritten somewhat since it played at the Young Vic. It's audacious and has some beautiful moments but parts of it are downright bad, despite the unanimous critical praise in the UK. The direction however is so beautiful it tends to cover up a lot of the misteps. Supposedly Brantley saw this in London and did not love it but was persuaded to wait until it it was cleaned up and transferred to give it a chance."

I'm not

The Inheritance - Previews  Sep 24 2019, 07:48:21 PM
The date I was looking at is the first 2 show day of both parts and the cheapest price point seats were very limited. I'm still hoping for rush too even though I already bought my tickets. I recently read this play and it truly is a masterpiece. I can't wait to see it and I hope it gets its recognition.
Oklahoma! Attendance recently  Sep 24 2019, 12:02:20 PM

Where do I contradict myself? Actors are people. Let's not treat them like emotionless robots. Then I said,  "I'm not saying actors should be given special privileges but any actor call tell you just how difficult it really is." Again, since I guess it didn't stick, I'm not saying actors should be given special privileges, but if you have ever acted professionally you know it is one of the most demanding jobs. 

Oklahoma! Attendance recently  Sep 24 2019, 09:39:00 AM

I don't think her tony win garners her any leeway. She signed her contract way before she won a tony. None of us know what that contract says. It's not up to you and me to wonder if they're docking her pay. Yes a job may be a job but if you think working at Target equivocates to acting on stage there's a big difference. I'm not saying actors should be given special privileges but any actor call tell you just how difficult it really is. 

Oklahoma! Attendance recently  Sep 24 2019, 09:25:58 AM

Actors are people too... Something so many of you guys seem to forget. None of you know what is going on in any of their lives so judging their attendance without knowing the reason is really not valid. Treat people with some respect. 

Oklahoma! Attendance recently  Sep 24 2019, 09:19:12 AM

Ali's sister just got married so I think she's more than allowed some time off. When I saw the show the only person out was Will Mann. Everyone in the show is great but the material and direction stand on their own. 

Telecharge question  Sep 22 2019, 06:11:51 PM

I would give it a try. I called on friday to change a seat location for The Inheritance and they were accommodating and very helpful. Good luck!  

Damon Daunno in Oklahoma!  Sep 21 2019, 05:06:24 PM

Would anyone happen to know if the lottery loser code would be able to be used at the box office? Could I get out of paying telecharge's fees that way? Thanks!

Inheritance Rush Predictions?  Sep 5 2019, 10:48:05 PM

I know it's hard to tell but does anyone think rush will be hard to get? I just read the script and I am really hoping to see this show Oct 12 during previews. I'm having a hard time deciding to buy tickets outright or waiting to rush

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening  Aug 17 2019, 11:12:00 AM

I tried the $100 off and I think it worked for my date (which is a Saturday) but the tickets were still pretty expensive imo I really wanted to buy my tickets ahead, but I may rush this show too. Unless I can find someone to buy my tickets at the box office 

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening  Aug 17 2019, 01:11:02 AM

Can anyone share more details about the "Buy both parts get $100 off" I'm still waiting for a discount for this show (the mailer code wasn't eligible for my dates) and this might be a decent one. Thanks! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You