News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nanillo17

Member Name: nanillo17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moulin Rouge Cast Christmas?  Dec 23 2019, 12:50:50 AM

Buy the tickets! Aaron's performance is as dull as a doorknob and he has no chemistry with Karen, so you're likely better off seeing his understudy. I, personally, look forward to seeing who their replacements will be to see if that show can get a hint of passion that it deserves.

Last minute weekend trip  Nov 26 2017, 08:32:04 PM

I'm going to be in the city last minute this weekend, Friday-Monday, and hoping to watch 3-4 shows (maybe 5 if there's a Sun evening show that's worth it). I've not kept up with Broadway the last few months so hoping for some show recommendations. I was last in NYC in April and caught Come From Away, The Play that goes Wrong and a few other shows that closed. From what I've seen on here it seems that if I can get a ticket for The Band's Visit, I shouldn't miss it.

April visit questions  Apr 21 2017, 09:21:06 AM

So I'm in town and just saw Come From Away tonight - absolutely loved it. I'm entering the DEH lottery every chance I get but if I don't get it I have 4 more shows slots to fill, only thinking of new. Thinking Sunset and Significant Other will be two of those and wanted to see if people had recommendations - which ones should I prioritize between A Doll's House, Part 2, The Play That Goes Wrong, Groundhog Day or any other new shows this season. I've already seen Comet and

April visit questions  Mar 22 2017, 03:27:13 PM

I've been trying to do a spring and fall visit to NYC for the last few years but have been behind the ball for this spring so I'm trying to squeeze one in before summer starts creeping in and the Tony noms come out. I wanted to get opinions on when to potentially go and which shows to try to see if possible, I tend to leverage discounts or tkts options so hoping with the amount of new shows out, there'll be some that are available.

I'm looking at either the weekend of A

Amazing Grace or Finding Neverland  Jun 22 2015, 04:44:20 PM

I'd agree with several others here and suggest you check another show out. Both Matilda (my pick) and Curious Incident are great suggestions, King and I should also be a good option based on reviews on here about Betsy.

If you really want to choose between AG and FN, I'd recommend against AG. I've not seen FN but I have to hope it's better than AG which I saw here in Chicago. The "positive" audience reception likely came from church groups who were eating it up when I saw it but I

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Feb 17 2015, 06:11:42 PM
I'll be there on Thursday. I don't have high expectations but thinking it could land in "guilty pleasure" territory, we'll see.
Show Options next week?  Feb 9 2015, 10:48:49 PM
Thanks again for all of the suggestions, I just got back from my trip last night and saw 8 shows total so figured I'd share my thoughts on them.

Tue PM (Chicago) - This is one of those shows for me that I used to think "I'll watch it eventually" but, like Phantom with Norm, I went to see it out of interest for casting and I'm glad I did. My initial draw was Jennifer Nettles (one of the few country voices I enjoy) but I left in awe, and a new fan, of Carly! I thought both were great but

Scheduled Absences  Feb 4 2015, 01:54:18 PM
Jessie's out for the matinee today as well. I went last night and again today but left and got a tkts refund because I want to see Jessie. I have tickets for the tour back home in Chicago so I'll see the show then but really wanted to catch her in the role and there's way too many shows I want to see as well . I'm not sure if I should risk trying tonight again. I feel bad for the poor girl being sick but my last minute switch ups are going to kill me running around Manhattan.

Stephen Adly Guirgis' BETWEEN RIVERSIDE AND CRAZY Will Play Second Stage in This February  Jan 30 2015, 07:15:31 PM
Can anyone share what the run time of this show is? I have it on my short list of shows to see if I can fit in while I'm in town next week. Thanks!
Show Options next week?  Jan 28 2015, 04:20:44 PM
Thanks for the input, I really want to go to Sleep No More but want to go with a few friends as I feel like I'd want to compare experiences with folks. For this trip I'm going by myself and Then She Fell felt more like something I could go to by myself. Not sure if it'll work out with my itinerary but if it does I might give it a shot.

haterobics, you're totally right, seeing Hedwig once is not enough. This will be my 2nd time and I wouldn't say no to going again if I'm back in the city

Show Options next week?  Jan 28 2015, 12:06:15 AM
Thanks for the help so far, so many new options to add/pick from. The Disgraced/Hedwig double header was definitely the plan, need to figure out if Fri or Sat.

I'll bump Beautiful up to must see and am intrigued by a few other options - Then She Fell, Every Brilliant Thing and Between Riverside and Crazy. Now need to figure out how I can maximize shows per day, haha.

I wanted to see if there was a way I could do Let The Right One In with the 10:30pm Then She Fell since they're

Show Options next week?  Jan 27 2015, 12:26:49 AM
Hey all, I'm headed out east for work next week, 2/4-2/8, and decided to make it another Broadway week to catch some shows I didn't get to see in the fall. I have a few must sees and am hoping to catch between 6-8 shows depending on my schedule. I have 4-5 must sees and am trying to decide on what to catch if one of those don't pan out or I have extra time.

Must sees:
Curious Incident
Disgraced
Let The Right One In
Chicago (my mom played Sugarland nonstop a few years bac

Beginner Musical  Nov 24 2014, 11:25:39 AM
In my opinion, On The Town is the best "accessible" musical on Broadway right now. It has good music, dancing and is representative of "old school" Broadway. I would highly recommend this as an option.
Matilda Broadway Reviews  Nov 23 2014, 10:14:03 PM
I finally saw the show last week after months of a friend recommending it and absolutely loved it. It's obviously geared towards children, but the source material is so good that a successful adaptation (which, in my opinion, this is) would be good as well. I would recommend this show over any other "children friendly" show on Broadway, and over many adult shows as well. If you walk in knowing that it'll have some kid specific moments, and you're ok with that, I can't see many people now enjoyin
My fall  Nov 21 2014, 11:28:53 AM
You guys are an impressive bunch. I was in the city last weekend and "only" saw 7 shows in 5 days. Granted, I was with a friend who thought 5 was a lot so there could've been room for more but good to know that my 7 is likely a normal amount. I'll have to plan out a more full schedule next time and see what I can watch.
Anyone see Michael C Hall in Hedwig yet?  Nov 14 2014, 05:41:38 PM
I was able to catch this last night on my fall NYC trip and it was so much better than I even expected, and my expectations were high. Michael C Hall was great, good timing, great acting, loved his voice. I've not heard NPH's recording of "Origin of Love" but I kind of need a MCH version asap.

Lena Hall was such a delight to see, I figured she'd be great having won the Tony but was blown away by her. I could not keep my eyes off of her when she was singing "I will always love you" in th

Pre Thanksgiving Weekend  Nov 8 2014, 09:41:13 AM
Thanks all for the info, I'll try to get in an catch a show that weekend!
Pre Thanksgiving Weekend  Nov 6 2014, 07:47:59 PM
I'm potentially going to be in NYC Saturday before Thanksgiving. Are the holiday crowds typically already in town at this point? If I can swing by to catch a matinee show this day I'd love to but if crazy crowds have already begun to descend onto the city I might hang back instead. Any insights/thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Going to Shows Alone?  Oct 30 2014, 08:55:28 PM
I've gotten into going to shows by myself much more over the past few years but I've "hit my stride" since summer. I always held back on going to shows here in Chicago because it was hard to coordinate with friends or they weren't interested but now I gladly go by myself if something interests me enough. No reason to miss out on good theater even though I do enjoy going to shows with people.

I've also decided I'm going to see if I can make at least 1-2 planned NYC trips per year (if not

Amazing Grace  Oct 20 2014, 11:35:39 PM
I caught this last night, not even realizing it was opening night until the end, and was severely underwhelmed. I can't say I was disappointed as I had no expectations going in but I will not be recommending this to anyone who wants to see a good show. I remember turning to my friend during intermission and saying that it was "so freaking average" but then the second act didn't help matters much.

One of my main issues with is was that Newton was neither a likeable nor an engaging charac

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You