News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for leezy8242

Member Name: leezy8242
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Restaurant help?  May 30 2016, 07:11:32 PM

thanks so much again everyone! We actually ended up at Hell's Kitchen again on Saturday night because my sister couldn't stop thinking about that carne asada taco (and I couldn't get my mind off that brussel sprout taco!). We went to b squared yesterday night before Hamilton and thoroughly enjoyed it too-- I highly recommend the killer bee pizza. 

Thanks again for all of your help :)

Restaurant help?  May 27 2016, 11:50:10 PM

Okay, update: went to Hell's Kitchen tonight before seeing Curious Incident--SO GOOD! And took the advice to get the Brussel sprout taco and I definitely didn't regret it! So yummy! Thanks again for all of your suggestions! :)

Bad Theater Behavior  May 27 2016, 11:47:56 PM

I was at Curious Incident tonight and saw such a rude man--there was a medical emergency of some sort during the first act and they eventually did have to turn on the house lights and bring in paramedics. I noticed a man taking several pictures while the paramedics were getting the person loaded onto the stretcher and everything. I just couldn't believe how rude and tacky that man was being--just so disrespectful!!

Restaurant help?  May 26 2016, 02:10:01 PM

We will eat most cuisines-- it's me, my mom, and my 17 year old sister. American, Italian, etc. I know that there are tons of restaurants in the area, but just looking for your best recommendations! :)

Restaurant help?  May 26 2016, 01:45:27 PM

Headed into the city for memorial day weekend and have Fun Home and Hamilton on Saturday and Sunday nights (respectively). Looking for something not a chain and not crazy expensive, if possible. Thanks in advance!! 

Hedwig Tour  Sep 16 2015, 04:16:17 PM

Just saw the official instagram-- Hedwig is going on tour-- starting next October (2016) in San Francisco. Fingers crossed it will be coming to either Atlanta or Boston.

Pippin Tour?  May 11 2015, 07:58:43 AM

Just saw the show in Atlanta last night. I didn't realize that KDM was with the tour (hadn't read this thread too recently-haha). Is it weird that the tour cast page has not been updated with KDM's name and bio on the website? Also I noticed that Sam Lips was still on the big cast board in the lobby.

Was so happy to see KDM! I saw him in early September at the Music Box and I really think he has improved more in this show--especially that one high note in "corner of the sky".&

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Apr 6 2015, 07:44:52 PM

what would I give to be able to make it back to NYC to see JCM before he leaves...reading all of these posts is killing me!! 

Granted, I was fortunate enough to see Andrew Rannells back in September, but to see JCM plus Rebecca Naomi Jones starting would be so awesome. *tears of a broke college student*

New Hedwig- Darren Criss  Feb 17 2015, 02:05:47 PM
Just saw on the official Hedwig instagram-- Darren Criss is our new Hedwig April 29-July 19! He seems so young for this role!
2015-2016 touring seasons  Feb 4 2015, 10:09:50 AM
Atlanta's Broadway Across America season was just released:
-Jersey Boys- Oct. 6-11 (season option)
-Cinderella- Nov. 3-8
-Elf- Dec. 2-6
-Book of Mormon- Jan. 12-24 (season option)
-NETworks Beauty and the Beast- Feb. 2-7 (season option)
-The Sound of Music- Mar. 1-6
-Kinky Boots- Mar. 29-Apr. 3
-Beautiful- May 24-29
-The Wizard of Oz- June 21-26
-If/Then- Aug. 9-14

A little bummed no Matilda or Cabaret, but definitely a fuller season than we've h

Broadway Podcasts  Jan 25 2015, 04:54:19 PM
thanks y'all! downloading a bunch of them now! :)
Broadway Podcasts  Jan 25 2015, 12:26:26 PM
can anyone recommend a good theatre/Broadway podcast show? I'm going to be driving a lot for the next few months and need something good to listen to (and I'm almost finished with Serial!). I used to listen to Broadway Bullet back in the day, but that was rather abruptly canceled any suggestions? Thanks!
2015-2016 touring season  Jan 25 2015, 12:05:46 PM
Still anxiously awaiting Atlanta's announcement--they haven't even said when they would be posting it. Fingers are crossed for Cabaret, Matilda, and the alleged Hedwig tour that is happening. I doubt BOM will come back to us, since we had it last spring and we have Wicked next month.
Tuck Everlasting  Jan 25 2015, 11:48:45 AM
anyone know any discount codes good for this weekend- I would love to catch this show while it's in my town, especially if it looks like it'll be moving to Broadway! I do love the Alliance Theatre- even saw Bring It On in its tryouts there!
Your 2014 Theatre Related Gifts  Dec 26 2014, 08:57:15 AM
Great year for me! :)
-Seth's Broadway Diary
-Act One by Moss Hart
-The Season by William Goldman
-Broadway Musicals-101 Greatest coffee table book that is beautiful!

Can't wait to get some reading done!
-

2015-2016 touring season  Dec 5 2014, 08:42:05 PM
OMG haven't heard rumors about that Hedwig tour. Fingers crossed it would make a stop in Atlanta!
Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have  Dec 3 2014, 08:38:29 AM
I was at the Bring It On! out-of-town tryout in Atlanta for one of the first few performances-- got to meet Lin-Manuel Miranda and talked for a long time with Jeff Whitty who wrote the book for Avenue Q (that was actually really cool, since no one there knew who he was except for me, he was super nice and talked to me for a long time)
Theater Accessibility and Deaf Patrons  Nov 6 2014, 06:58:35 PM
I would also definitely be interested in reading that! I've taken ASL and other related classes and would love to read a take on interpreting/OC in theatre.
Lena Hall in Hedwig  Oct 1 2014, 11:45:14 AM
I've seen that Lena Hall is on vacation from Hedwig now through Oct. 5. Just wondering, since she doesn't have an understudy, who is taking over the part for right now?
New-newtildas  Sep 1 2014, 10:28:24 PM
I agree, Kathy. I saw Sophia last October and thought she was great as well!

The accent thing wasn't terrible- it was just with certain words or certain vowel sounds. She was still great- and the audience went wild for her!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You