Broadway Podcasts

leezy8242
#1Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 12:26pm

can anyone recommend a good theatre/Broadway podcast show? I'm going to be driving a lot for the next few months and need something good to listen to (and I'm almost finished with Serial!). I used to listen to Broadway Bullet back in the day, but that was rather abruptly canceled Broadway Podcasts any suggestions? Thanks!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 12:31pm

If you like Patty and Emily their podcast is pretty fun. I listen on my way to work. There's also Theatre People and The Ensemblist. I used to love Downstage Center but that got canceled too. The old episodes are still there though.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#2Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 12:34pm

I like:
The Ensemblists
Theater People

And, I haven't listened to it yet, but The Producer's Perspective just started.

JonahKost
#3Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 4:16pm

Patty and Emily's podcast, "Listen," is always the highlight of my week. They usually have a 1 hour to 1:30 hour of things that happen in New York theatre. You should check it out.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#4Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 4:48pm

I also highly recommend Patty & Emily's podcast! There's typically a new one every Monday, and they just had a bonus episode last week with Kate Baldwin that was delightful.

leezy8242
#5Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 4:54pm

thanks y'all! downloading a bunch of them now! :)

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#6Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 5:23pm

AndrewAndrew podcast sometimes interview theatre professionals.
http://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/andrewandrew

Broadway Radio!

Broadway Radio Updated On: 1/25/15 at 05:23 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#7Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 7:00pm

""Patty and Emily's podcast, "Listen," is always the highlight of my week. They usually have a 1 hour to 1:30 hour of things that happen in New York theatre."

That seems a bit long to cover one week in NY theater, no?!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#8Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/25/15 at 8:00pm

"On Broadway" is a a podcast from a radio station in CT. The guy does a weekly show of theater music and he plays the best mix of everything from obscure old stuff to brand new recordings and everything in between. The show dates back a good five or six years so there's PLENTY to catch up on. He's on a temporary health break now and says he'll be back in March, but you can get all the old shows on itunes.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

NEW_MusicalsForever
#9Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/31/15 at 9:56am

THE SET LIST seems really interesting.
from their Facebook: "A comprehensive collection of the best cabaret performances in New York City, including the works of Musical Theater composers, classical favorites, and new musical readings.The Set List features live recordings of Off Broadway concerts as well as behind the scenes interviews and conversations with select artists. Find us on iTunes."

one of the few podcasts for theatre in NYC. quite enjoyable.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN ON iTUNES

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#10Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/31/15 at 10:18am

"That seems a bit long to cover one week in NY theater, no?!"

They don't just cover news. While they do discuss the news, they get side tracked by dream casting actors and talk about their experiences seeing shows and such. Emily has an obsession with Carolee Carmello so there's a weekly Carolee update and they read the "Laura Benanti Tweet of the Week" It's a lot of fun to listen to, I love it!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#11Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/31/15 at 12:58pm

Oh, I think I just sorted out that they are the two who do the videos about how to act at the stage door? no? So, yeah, they are probably not my thing. I think I'm predisposed to get podcasts from insiders, rather than fans. I can get enough fan perspective on here, already...

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#12Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/31/15 at 1:17pm

ATW's Downstage Center is fantastic, although they sadly seem to have discontinued (The last one produced was in 2012). I highly recommend the Sondheim interview and the one with Marc Kudisch.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#13Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 1/31/15 at 1:23pm

Downstage Center was fantastic, shame they stopped making them...

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#14Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 2/3/15 at 12:52am

Where is the downstage center podcast

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#15Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 2/3/15 at 1:02am

Google shows up with an iTunes link and a Play.FM link.

ETA: Also the main website link, but I don't believe it works.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
Updated On: 2/3/15 at 01:02 AM