News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stargazer2

stargazer2 Profile Photo
Member Name: stargazer2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moulin Rouge seating  Jul 1 2019, 02:22:50 PM

Does anyone know which row is the front row for the side orchestra seats? I don't see them selling anything closer than row E.  

SWEET CHARITY Revival  Nov 6 2016, 11:58:39 AM

For those who have seen this, how is the view from the seats on the far side orchestra?  I realize it is a very small, intimate venue, but do you miss any of the action?

Hamilton Tickets - November 2016  Jan 25 2016, 10:12:58 AM

Wow, that was a little stressful this Monday morning.  Finally got front row mezz, but tickets are up to $199 for front mezz, and $549 for premium orchestra.  geez.  

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 22 2016, 11:44:06 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Also (last post of the day for me—I promise!), just saw Alysha Umphress sing "Somebody to Love" and Lena Hall sing "Origin of Love" at the Broadway Jukebox and I'm pretty sure I can die happy now?

"I agree.  Broadway Jukebox tonight was incredible.  Going home just buzzing!  Hope I can sleep!

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 22 2016, 08:07:20 PM

I will agree that the content in the panels has been pretty great.  I am not one to chase after autographs and photos (however, I will be in line for JGroff photo tomorrow), and am not obsessed with fanboy/girl side of the con.  I actually have no problem with the lines for the events and MainStage events.  I have been to ComicCon, and this is nothing.

I have been chuckling in my head that these theater people are sooo dang dramatic (lol).  C

Single Misery Ticket 1/20 - below face value  Dec 31 2015, 08:13:09 PM

I have a single extra hard ticket for Misery on January 20th, 2016 at 7pm.   It is right orchestra Row C, Seat 2 which is on the aisle.  

I am selling it for $75.  This is far below face value.   PM me if you are interested, I can mail it to you, and would prefer Paypal for payment.  

Met Opera Backstage Tour  Dec 30 2015, 02:17:42 PM

Thanks for the recommendations.  Just booked the tour.  

Lin-Manuel schedule?  Dec 30 2015, 02:05:19 AM

What is "Hamilton"?  Is that a play or something?

Met Opera Backstage Tour  Dec 30 2015, 02:00:18 AM

Just wondering if anyone has done this, and is it worth it?

Hamilton OBCR- Grammy Album of the Year?  Nov 13 2015, 02:32:18 PM

yankeefan7 said: "" God help us if Taylor Swift would be considered superior by the Grammy voters."

Actually, her album has received pretty good reviews from Rolling Stone magazine and the NY Times.

I like Taylor Swift's 1989, but it is still formulaic pop music.  It does not bring anything new to the table.  I think Hamilton crosses genres and is truly groundbreaking.   It also seems to have s

Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.  Nov 8 2015, 11:18:35 PM

I think I enjoyed the online content at 60 minutes even more than the broadcast.  They could have easily done a full hour on Hamilton.  Just so happy to see this breaking into the mainstream.  Usually when I talk about Broadway shows to friends, they have no clue what I am talking about.  I am always pleasantly surprised to see when they get a Hamilton reference.  

Hamilton OBCR- Grammy Album of the Year?  Nov 7 2015, 11:16:45 PM

ChildofEarth said: "I think it has an excellent chance, especially with the addition of The Roots to the team. It's long been considered Taylor's to lose, but what Hamilton does really outclasses that."

Totally agree.  God help us if Taylor Swift would be considered superior by the Grammy voters.  

RAGTIME -- The 2015-2016 Phoenix Entertainment Tour  Nov 7 2015, 10:44:37 PM

I saw this in Las Vegas on Friday.  It was here for a full one week run.  I would have to say it was the equivalent of an average college production.   The leads were pretty good, but the production overall is very mediocre.  The set is basically a big wall in the back with projections, and there are some stairs that they move around from time to time to represent the various sets.  The old ladies with blue hair in the audience seem impressed, but I could not wai

Hamilton OBCR- Grammy Album of the Year?  Nov 7 2015, 04:33:19 AM

Wow, that gives Hamilton an even better chance.  Didn't realize the cut off date already happened. 

Hamilton OBCR- Grammy Album of the Year?  Nov 7 2015, 02:00:54 AM

Just did a little research and saw that Judy Garland won in 1962 for her Judy at Carnegie Hall album.  Of course that was a very different time.  

There have also been a couple of soundtracks that have won - The Bodyguard, and O Brother Where Art Thou. Not sure about any previous cast recording nominations though.  

How wonderful that would be for Broadway to just have a nominee in the running for the big award.

Honestly, it is my favorite album

Hamilton OBCR- Grammy Album of the Year?  Nov 7 2015, 01:42:26 AM

What are the chances Hamilton could be nominated or even win Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards?  Has any Broadway cast recording ever been nominated or won Album of the Year?  

Oh, Jesus. Ryan Murphy Still Wants To Destroy FUNNY GIRL  Oct 27 2015, 01:48:02 AM

I love watching Lea Michelle blink her eyes.  Mesmerizing.  

Hamilton Orchestrations  Oct 23 2015, 02:51:07 AM

I haven't seen the show yet, and have only listened to the OBCR.  Will be in NYC in January to finally see it live.  The orchestrations are so lush and beautiful on the recording.  How do they compare live, or is it just the magic of the studio?

Misery tickets  Sep 30 2015, 02:19:19 PM

I am trying to decide between this and Noises Off during my trip in January.  I have one spot left on my itinerary.  

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording  Sep 26 2015, 01:13:34 AM

Mr. Nowack said: ""Satisfied" should have been the track EW listed. Or at the very least "The Room Where It Happens."

I agree.  I am loving listening to "Helpless" and "Satisfied".  I am not seeing this until January, and could not resist in totally immersing myself in this recording.  Makes me want to see the show even more.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You