News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cdf1983

cdf1983 Profile Photo
Member Name: cdf1983
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 11 2024, 01:22:11 AM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "Isaac Powell wasabsolutely magnetic in both Once OnThis Island and in West Side Story, though he did read super-young back thenin 2018/2020. Apparently he's now 29 or 30--still young for Gatsby, but I'm absolutely intrigued with what he might bring to the role."

Isaac (29) is closer to the age of Gatsby (32) than Jeremy Jordan (39) is. Neither of the Gatsby’s are really sticking with book accurate descriptions of character and

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 10 2024, 03:22:34 PM

QueenAlice said: "The cast for this for this looks young, model beautiful and rather vacant. Which is very much the book. My hunch is that this adaptation will be dark, cynical, more faithful to the tone of the novel and not very commercial. Has anyone heard anything of the score? I've become rather dubious of people from the pop world writing musically tuneful musical theatre scores that actually further the plot."

The music is incredible, in my opinion. Of cour

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 10 2024, 09:34:03 AM

DaveyG said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Now that rehearsals have started, the Oracle has effectively confirmed that Isaac Powell is Jay Gatsby, Ben Levi Ross isNick, and Australian newcomer Charlotte MacInnes has been cast as Daisy, with Solea Pfeiffer presumed to be playing Myrtle."

Let's not give the "Oracle" any credit. He's been constantlywrong about casting for this production over the last few months. Now that there's a publicly a

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 9 2024, 08:30:39 PM

VintageSnarker said: "barcelona20 said: "We have no idea what this Gatsby will be like yet. Maybe they're completely changing the focus. Who knows..."

If true, Isaac Powell is the casting that confuses me. That's a really big departure from the book.
"

I’m curious… why does that confuse you and how is it a big departure from the book?

Alex Brightman Beetlejuice voice  Jun 19 2019, 09:01:28 PM

I'm curious is the understudy and the swings have their own distinct voices or if they attempt to mimic Alex's? I imagine since Alex's skill is much harder to do, that the others just find their own interpretation. 

Broadway Facebook Fan Groups  Jun 19 2019, 08:53:15 PM

...Things that border on the creepy obsessive side - calling actors who aren't your friends mom and dad. Like I get the joke behind it, I've got a couple friends I jokingly call mom and dad because they actually will call me to check up on me, etc.

It's just weird. 

Edit: The are all genuinely good people, they just have to learn how not to cross that line into the weird zone.

Broadway Facebook Fan Groups  Jun 19 2019, 07:33:28 PM

TobiasRagg said: "TobiasRagg said: "Yeah, they really are harmless. I’ve just never seen fandom to that level and I had to remove myself before it completely ruined the show for me.

There’s about 50 memes posted every day, a guy who is pretending his last name is Maitland because it gets him attention in the group and posting at least once a week “I’m so lucky I have this last name”, and a week later, there’s still Tony Award ba

Broadway Facebook Fan Groups  Jun 19 2019, 02:45:19 PM
I’m in all the Beetlejuice group and I think... some people just feel entitled. Pretty sure that initial tweet about fandom/obsession was made because we’ve got a cast member of the show IN the group. They see everything being posted and probably share it with the cast which I’m sure just... makes people look absolutely insane. I joined this group because it’s nice to have a set place where you can talk about your love for a show without clogging up spaces where people who don’t like the show ex
Broadway Facebook Fan Groups  Jun 18 2019, 10:42:40 AM

The absolute worst, in my opinion, is the All Things Broadway group. It's a constant cycle of repeated memes, people going "omg I have an audition in two days what should I sing???" and just really bad behavior from the guy who runs the whole thing (who is treated like he's a king (plot twist: he's not)). The Anastasia one was rough when the allegations came out about the racism backstage. The Great Comet and Hadestown groups are really good (some hit or miss posters, bu

HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!  Jun 17 2019, 04:50:17 PM

Hercules is my favorite Disney movie and I'm glad it's getting some form of a stage adaption! As much as I'd love for it to transfer, that's pretty unlikely (as it's been said multiple times). Though I could easily imagine this production as a way of seeing interest and how well the material is received, possibly seeing what would have to be revised or redone. I see at as a large scale workshop, if you will. 

Off bway Lizzie POSTPONED  Jun 7 2019, 08:44:49 PM

I had the plan to bus up to New York City just to go see this. I found the show by accident and fell in love with it instantly, and I've been looking to see it live for a while. Oh well, things do happen, and here's to hoping some kind of professional production will happen! With how well SIX is doing (a show that's definitely inspired by Lizzie), I expect to see some more amateur productions being done. 

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 26 2017, 01:47:41 PM

AuroratheGeek said: "I wouldn't be surprised if Patinkin was supposed to take over after Oak's original tenure, but then his schedule changed he told them that it had to be earlier or not at all. Personally I'm excited to see Patinkin but I feel bad for poor Oak.

I wonder if they would ask/be able to get Oak back after Patinkin is done. It seems like a hard role to cast for.

"

Well in the original Broadway.com article, they said Oak grac

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 26 2017, 11:09:39 AM

Ya'll like to stir the pot too much - I don't think anyone has realized the Oak probably has a project coming up that he's being taken for, thus cutting his run three weeks early. 

Oak's Pierre is on such a different level than Josh and Dave's (both of whom I admire and respect, and enjoy) and he's been getting nothing but rave reviews on his emotional depth for the character. Audiences love him, and the show's been at 97% capacity for a while.

W

Okieriete Onaodowan to Replace Josh Groban in THE GREAT COMET  Jul 1 2017, 12:16:58 PM

Well a lot of Pierre's parts are memorized and done without sheet music - and a lot of it would be tough for someone who isn't trained on piano or accordion. I don't know Oke's mastery level with either, but hey, he got the role, didn't he?

Anyways, I heard there were some personal health things going on that they needed to give him some time for. Nothing major but he wouldn't have been able to do the role. Or so I was told.

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  Jun 12 2017, 03:15:20 PM

Congratulations to Comet for having one of the three best numbers of the night (Bandstand and the Cynthia/Leslie number as well)! It was so amazing, though I'm curious as to why they didn't have people participate more? Oh well.

It must have been amazing and I, for one, want to hear all about it!

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  Jun 10 2017, 01:32:00 PM

Kad said: "I thought this contest was to merely fill the recreation of the banquette area onstage during the Tony performance: i.e., being an audience member. People are acting as if this was a contest to be *in* the show. 

"

I believe it was to be involved, much like the Good Morning America production when they performed Balaga and The Abduction, they had high schoolers dancing with them. I got an email back from S/W apologizing for the sl

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  Jun 6 2017, 07:16:03 PM

To all those who got in; did you submit more than just the photo? Because what I've seen, the majority of people who've gotten in went the extra mile to submit multiple pictures and their resumes, and that's who the company chose? 

I feel like that's a little unfair? 

But again, I haven't seen what everyone submitted. It could have no correlation for all I know. 

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  Jun 4 2017, 09:40:33 AM

All we know is that they're (supposeldy) selecting 80 people and that the emails weren't sent out in one large batch. So, fingers are still crossed!

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  Jun 4 2017, 08:31:27 AM

Which would also explain the lack of people talking about it - if only a few emails went out because of an error, then there is still some hope! :P

So perhaps the rest of the batch will be sent out today?

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  Jun 4 2017, 12:40:11 AM

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "iowaopoly08 said: "Interesting that the only two who posted know eachother lol.  Either a small world or less than a coincidence"

Small world--it's a small world of the Broadway obsessed (I know one of the posters, and that person lives, eats and breathes Broadway)

"

I dunno... it just doesn't feel right, if that makes sense. Because no one else has said anything on any o

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You