News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for decast

Member Name: decast
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Sep 13 2016, 12:39:41 PM

Vulture have HQ vids of Still Hurting & Moving Too Fast. I feel like you get a hint of what kind of Burr Henry is going to be during Moving too Fast. Probably because he's been rehearsing both at the same time!

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/cynthia-erivo-singing-still-hurting-is-special.html?mid=twitter_vulture

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 28 2016, 04:37:55 AM

Read the first few pages of this, not all, so forgive me if I'm repeating what other have said. I doubt that if OP had walked up to the theatre just an hours before and had the chance for tickets, they'd happily stand aside for people who'd been waiting for four days. There's never a guarantee for anything, they're not legally required to give tickets to whoever been there the longest, you don't win a prize being daft enough to sleep out from Tuesday to

Benjamin Walker is going to be a dad!  Jun 7 2016, 12:35:39 PM

LizzieCurry said: "decast said: "Not sure this is out there yet, he and Kaya just announced it on their instagrams. Congrats!"

Thanks for the link!

Oh sorry didn;t know you were incapable of going to their instagram pages without someone holding your hand. I remeber no why I never post here any more.

Benjamin Walker is going to be a dad!  Jun 7 2016, 12:25:07 PM

Not sure this is out there yet, he and Kaya just announced it on their instagrams. Congrats!

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Apr 25 2016, 04:49:15 PM

So disney just released it's new slate of films, seemingly confirming Lin's involvement with Mary Poppins 2, which I think has just be a rumour til this point 

http://www.thewrap.com/disney-sets-new-release-dates-for-fairy-tale-films-live-action-movies/

Would Europe and Australia really care for Hamilton  Apr 7 2016, 07:00:51 AM

You guys have managed with Shakespeare and Billy Elliot amongst others, so I think us Brits can manage Hamilton. I don't see how a story about a period in American history (which actually incuded Britain) is any different from a story about a period in French history, Argentinian, Vietnamese, or a story set in Washington Heights or in the South Pacific. It's just another story, and it's brilliantly told, so I don't see why people don't think us Brits wouldn't '

The Sound of Music LIVE ITV  Dec 22 2015, 07:17:21 AM

There was also a lovely half hour making of programme. Very interesting, a real look at all the sets and just how beautifully made they are, all the plants and grass in the garden and on the mountain for instance were real. They had 13 days on the set to rehearse after leaving their church space, which explains why it worked so well. I felt for poor Kara, having 2 mic pacs hidden in her wig, and quick changes aside, they were running across a car park with umbrellas between sets. Coky's b

Movies That Should Be Adapted Into Musicals  Nov 30 2015, 05:58:09 AM

Kneehigh have already done a stunning production of Brief Encounter in London. Incidently there was a wonderful adaptation of Strangers on a Train too. 

The way Reservoir Dogs is written, it feels perfect for the stage as a straight play but I doubt Tarantino would ever let it happen.

The Illiad Live Reading  Aug 14 2015, 05:32:10 PM

Anyone seen any of this? No? Bertie Carvel, Rory Kinnear and Ben Wishaw were extraordinary.

The Illiad Live Reading  Aug 14 2015, 07:03:34 AM

If anyone is interested, Almeida Theatre & British Museum have teamed up for a live 16hr reading of The Illiad with a fantastic cast list (Simon Russell Beale, Brian Cox, Ben Wishaw, Kate Fleetwood, Rory Kinnear, Bertie Carvel etc) Directed by Rupert Goold & Robert Icke. They're at the British Museum for the day them move to the theatre at 8pm for the final chapters. If anyone wants to dip in, it's live streaming all day.

http://www.almeida.co.uk/iliad-digital

Is it possible to like Hamilton if you hate rap?  Aug 7 2015, 06:09:11 PM

There's 10 minutes of footage on this site so I'd say have a look at that, there's quite a lot to show the show off, and have that help make a decision

Is it possible to like Hamilton if you hate rap?  Aug 7 2015, 07:49:03 AM

I'm the the UK, I saw the show last week when I was in NY and came  back raving about it to my mum. She's 65 and I suppose kind of cool, she likes Dylan and Cohen etc, and I used the fatal words 'hip-hop' and 'rap' when telling her about Hamilton and she sort of grumbled. But I showed her that 10 minutes of footage BWW has here and she was all "Oh this isn't rap, rap, not really, I was thinking it was something much more different, this looks amazing." Lyrically it's very dense and moves at a

Crucible Revival  Aug 6 2015, 05:54:39 PM

It's an entirely different production I know, but I'm sad it isn't Richard Armitage's Proctor, he was incredible at the Old Vic. Wishaw is great but I don't see him as that sort of commanding Proctor presence. 

Hamilton Previews  Aug 6 2015, 03:38:36 AM

I don't know how anyone who leaves a production at intermission can have a rounded opinion on it. It's a pet peeve of mine, people who say "oh it was awful, we left at intermission." How do you know, you didn't even stay to see the whole fking thing! 

I understand that no everyone is going to like this show, and that's fine, but at least see it out so you have seen all the material and can make a completely informed opinion on a piece.

Benjamin Walker Will Officially Lead AMERICAN PSYCHO!  Jul 23 2015, 04:08:06 PM

It was in a 325 seat studio theatre in London, so I don't imagine they're looking for a huge house. As a Londoner who only bobs back and forth to NY, I'm not sure about house sizes, a lot of you will be better versed in that than me.

Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 23 2015, 03:42:02 AM

A show, which has no star name attached, breaks into a more mainstream audience (and it has, I know people who have no interest in theatre who saw the Vogue article & want to see the show) and is (rightly) lauded and people line up to tear it down. Riedel has always seemed like a bitter little man to me anyway. You can't blame a show for using social media to it's benefit, if Anna wants to put it in Vogue, you don't say no. No one of forcing anyone to read anything about this show, to partici

The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 19 2015, 12:16:52 PM

He's doing the R&H NY Pops with Sierra Boggess in October isn't he? Other than that I think he's filming the OJ Simpson thing. I agree, Broadway needs to find him something truly spectacular and he was the best part of Wild Party.

Obama at Hamilton  Jul 18 2015, 09:36:40 AM

Maybe I'm just being soft, but judging from social media and everything that's happening with the lotto entertainment etc, they really do seem like a really happy, very supportive, close cast and team. I think Lin is fully aware this show is much more than just him, but as people have said, he could have very easily decided to perform this afternoon, so it's nice to see he's letting Javier do it. I expect there to be mayhem later. 

The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 16 2015, 10:51:22 AM

I was there last night, it was a good night, but I just don't think the material is very good. I mean, if the likes of Sutton Foster can't lift it, but that said it had it's moments and it's impressive for something that has been put together in such a short space of time. I honestly, would watch Pasquale sing a phonebook or menu, so for me he stole the show, he really needs to do something back on Broadway soon, I kind of want him to do the Annie Get Your Gun concert with Megan Hilty too.&nb

Hamilton Previews  Jul 13 2015, 05:38:09 PM

As far as I can see, they've been pushing the show in all the right places. There's a definite following on social media, they had a great article in Vogue, they have a piece in this weeks Cosmo which actually profiles the performers, they're on the front of the NY Times today. I assume once things get going they'll be on tv shows. Jimmy Fallon loved the show so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something on his show. It does feel a little more than just the opening of another show, there's

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You